The Loanees

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/12/2017 at 10:03 PM, yarddog73 said:

Good move for the player though, although the level is similar to ours if he gets his head down it will raise his profile, they are also far more likely to pay him what he wants, anyone who thinks we (perennial bottom third League 1 team) are a more appealing option than a top 6 SPL team needs their head testing.

Fair comment.

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Hopefully RW knows what he’s doing by naming them in the team. I suspect he does without playing a kids game 

I’m sure he does, was just giving a bit of hope something may already of been arranged due to football manager being a very accurate simulator and used by much more than kids and people actually involved in professional football

18 hours ago, latics22 said:

He also kept kicking the ball into the crowd so some kids could kick it back to him. He changes games, he a class above! He can sulk all he wants! I was sat there freezing to death thinking I’m done with this shit! He came on and warmed my cockles!

Bloody hell, I hope he was on the pitch and you weren't while he was warming said cockles!

To be serious, after reading all these Byrne comments, it sounds like he needs a bit of focus and humility. But would that improve him or make him worse?

12 minutes ago, Mark_83 said:

I’m sure he does, was just giving a bit of hope something may already of been arranged due to football manager being a very accurate simulator and used by much more than kids and people actually involved in professional football

I hope your right Mark but I don’t think it is. Sorry for the late reply I was on level 3 on crash bandicoot ?

4 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Even if he doesn't come back great news for his health etc if true

If they weren't expecting him back at the end of his loan period, it suggests a prospective deal with us has fallen through. Possibly because of his health issues.

10 minutes ago, Hometownclub said:

I thought Bryan was the only one we had a chance of keeping hold of, but if its true Bristol City are interested in him then I suspect he will be gone as well.

We could really struggle without them as all three are an integral part of the team.

I wouldnt say its a given that if Bristol City are intetested that he will go. Its not in his or even citys interest for him to go down there and kick his heels on the bench.

I know their will be a temptation to go and play for a bigger club but sometimes you are better off stopping where you are. Here he gets regular football barring a major dip in form, hes from round here so he doesnt have to upsticks and move. Its pretty obvious the manager wants him, Im pretty sure the other players would want him to stay, and we the fans certainly rate him. If he stays here plays well then Im sure he will catch the eye of a bigger club and step up next season and he will leave with our best wishes.

34 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You mean like last season? And the one before that? And the one before that?

In the last 2 seasons we stated off shit then appointed Shez who brought in half decent loan players to keep us up. Last season Clarke & Ripley were awesome.

In the current year we must hope that it is not going to be a shit sandwich with our glorious loanee period being October and November.

January looks like a total rebuild through the spine of the team. We must hope that Wellens is nearly as good as Shez was. 

26 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

In the last 2 seasons we stated off shit then appointed Shez who brought in half decent loan players to keep us up. Last season Clarke & Ripley were awesome.

In the current year we must hope that it is not going to be a shit sandwich with our glorious loanee period being October and November.

January looks like a total rebuild through the spine of the team. We must hope that Wellens is nearly as good as Shez was. 

There's usually more money knocking out in this period although finding two as good as Byrne and Doyle will be virtually impossible.

The league table does read much better than in the previous two seasons, Bury gone, Rochdale looking doomed, so the need/panic isn't as strong.

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Usually though, to bring in better players, they have to be on loan as the club could not afford to give contracts to the better players. Whether or not this will change, we shall have to wait and see.