The Loanees

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon the 3 we are bothered about will all go : Bryan to be loaned out to a Championship side, like Chelsea did with Bertrand in 2008 (Bristol City have been sniffing around him), Doyle to sign for a big payer in our League, such as Fleetwood or Charlton and Byrne to go back to Wigan and win them the League, especially if they lose Powell...

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

What do we think happens come January?

I reckon Bryan and Wilson sign for the season, Byrne goes back to Wigan and hardly plays, Ruddy back to Wolves, Queensy loan terminated and Doyle signs for Bradford.

We should be keeping queensy, different to what we have 

35 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Nepo’s here for the long run and was superb last week. He’s getting better and better..

MK Dons apart and his late cameo v Blackburn he’s done very little add in his strip and refusal to play for the stiffs - Qeensy? Meh...

Queensy's a bit of an enigma.

there's a good player in there, it's finding the right key to unlock his ability and improve his attitude 100% 

when I've seen him play from the start he's a ghost of player 

one sub appearance , possibly Blackburn was a 'wow'

Edited by stevesidg

Except for the 3 we are bothered about the rest can go for me. I think we will do quite well with these 3. I'd be shocked if we didn't get 2 of them. Doyle to be the marquee signing of the new era permanently and Bryan for the year because he is doing so well. City will see that. 

It's Wigan that concern me. We do have a chance there as it was rumoured we were getting him permanently initially but with how well he has done id be shocked if Wigan didn't rethink things

Edited by philliggi

Wonder how much Wigan would be after for Byrne.  If he does go back to them Im not sure if another league 1 side would pay the asking price, 750,00 to 1 million?   Not a clue what his value is, as mentioned we were at one point supposed to be getting him on a free!!

1 minute ago, deckyd said:

Wonder how much Wigan would be after for Byrne.  If he does go back to them Im not sure if another league 1 side would pay the asking price, 750,00 to 1 million?   Not a clue what his value is, as mentioned we were at one point supposed to be getting him on a free!!

Another major fuck up.

I think we have a good chance to keep all three. AL himself will know how important the three loanees are to the team as he’s been watching us for long enough.

If after the takeover/investment we still can’t stump up for the fees then I don’t see  the point in the investment anyway. We’ve struggled financially for long enough....

I think the chances of keeping them will probably be dependent on their own desire to stay.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I think we have a good chance to keep all three. AL himself will know how important the three loanees are to the team as he’s been watching us for long enough.

If after the takeover/investment we still can’t stump up for the fees then I don’t see  the point in the investment anyway. We’ve struggled financially for long enough....

I think the chances of keeping them will probably be dependent on their own desire to stay.

Based on that, I would say Bryan will stay, he can go up to the championship next season

50:50 for Doyle to stay , he's enjoying it with us , playing every week, and scoring regularly 

it might go in our favour that he hasn't scored for 4 or 5 games.

sod's law may say he'll score 3 in the next three, but good if that happens, it should help us to more points.

can't call it on byrne

he's doing very well for us, RW is getting him performing consistently with minimal petulance.

Wigan didn't want him and you never know what happened there and at Blackburn where it didn't work out for him.

hope he stays till the end of the season, but we're in the hands of the pie eaters, probably down to what paul cook wants, and hopefully he's happy with the players he's got who've taken them to the top of league one  

15 hours ago, deckyd said:

There is a huge difference between "supposed" and actuality.

These 3 have surely got to be the best loanees we’ve had in the team at the same time ? Struggling to even think of two we’ve had at the same time ? Palmer Main amd Holloway were crucial to what was needed at the time but not as relented (Palmer aside) imo. 

I’m hopeful all 3 will stay. They must be enjoying playing in this side with this style