Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

Tracy Wright Hi James no further news on the takeover. With regards to the fans bar next week, it's a one off event to see if there is enough fan interest and it's a joint venture between your Trust and the OEC so it's being divided equally. Hope this helps. Cheers

So profit from this does not go fully towards the playing side, unbelievable Jeff

5 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Tracy Wright Hi James no further news on the takeover. With regards to the fans bar next week, it's a one off event to see if there is enough fan interest and it's a joint venture between your Trust and the OEC so it's being divided equally. Hope this helps. Cheers

So profit from this does not go fully towards the playing side, unbelievable Jeff

Wow...social media eh...I'm posting on two sites.

Can I just stress. We never said it was for the playing side and I have posted that on face ahce too.

7 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

1 minute ago, underdog said:

Wow...social media eh...I'm posting on two sites.

Can I just stress. We never said it was for the playing side and I have posted that on face ahce too.

OEC never agreed with as the revenue generated does not go back to the club which is an outrage as the club have paid to build the stand, then to be told all match day revenue goes back into the club, now to find this is not fully true is disturbing.

some see the club as Corney and won't support it,  some see the OEC as the other two and won't support that too. 

We we were not going to win over everyone and we understand if fans decided not to support this event

thats why we have been totally transparent to say any revenue generated will be split between trust and OEC

Edited by underdog

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

some see the club as Corney and won't support it,  some see the OEC as the other two and won't support that too. 

I think it's a bit naive to assume the two are separate entities, for me they are all pissing in the same pot so whether it's tweedle dee or tweedle dum the net result will be the same.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think it's a bit naive to assume the two are separate entities, for me they are all pissing in the same pot so whether it's tweedle dee or tweedle dum the net result will be the same.

Yeah your right Yarddog, my brain sometimes does not engage and it's not that clear cut I hold my hands up.

What I'm trying to say is that we have been honest about the joint venture so fans can make their own mind up to support it or not.  It's a personal choice, we accept this and wouldn't expect anyone  to justify why they will or will not support it. Why do they need to?

its an experiment, a one off with little outlay for the Trust, an opportunity to do something as we have not done anything this season for the fans and yes, to raise some monies for the trust warchest.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

Is it open to anyone, or just North stand seated fans?.

12 minutes ago, leeslover said:

All home fans. We aren't looking to push it at away fans at this stage.

It's probably worth pointing out, for those who don't often venture around that side of the ground, that the unit fronts on to the car park so you won't need to go in to the ground first to access the bar.

31 minutes ago, bozman said:

It's probably worth pointing out, for those who don't often venture around that side of the ground, that the unit fronts on to the car park so you won't need to go in to the ground first to access the bar.

Cheers, will suggest that for the next communication 

Think LL has clarified, home fans only at this stage folks we don't want to inflict our identity on everyone now do we. Anyways we have to think about the staffing/security of it all. 

Yes. We a taking on feedback as we go along with regards to the venue, directions, what's going on in to,  it's a learning curve as we usually rock up to an event with a little planning so to speak. This venue means I have to push a bloody broom around and load up and delivery some furniture too before Friday. They never said there was physical labour in the Trust Directors role, suppose it comes under any other business eh.

talking of volunteers, as some trust directors are working up to the Xmas break, we might need to ask for help to set the venue up  , possibly Friday afternoon. So if your free and want a pre Xmas work out, please PM me. Thanks in advance

On 19/12/2017 at 1:16 PM, oafcprozac said:

The space was earmarked for a scanner for use by the NHS not sure if the NHS dragged their feet and decided it wasn’t viable or they got piseed off by Corney’s delay after delay. 

Despite the rumours the OEC itself MUST be making money it’s in use MOST days for conferences, open days and meetings etc... the top floor should be complete but Corney knows only one way and that’s half arsed. With two floors you could double the conferences, open days, meetings and Christmas footings etc... it’s a very popular venue - why wouldn’t you maximise it?

Probably harsh on Corney as we know Bliyz is his puppet master but how they ever made any money ever is beyond me. I’d love to see them on the apprentice in fact they’d get laughed off flying start with their business acumen...Rick Attwood put forward this sort of pop up bar idea ten years ago. It finally gets entertained. Better late than never I suppose....

Bit like the "there'll never be a way to sell beer in the Chaddy End" and ten years on it happened. And then folk say our leader has done a good job under the circumstances. It doesn't sit well with me that the OEC will be taking any matchday monies out of this venture BUT the venture is more important than that.

PS Regarding Ricks idea 10yrs ago, I remember suggesting also putting on old nostalgic Latics matches on a tele (like the Sheff Wed game etc.) and promote it the week before that the game would be shown. Would get more folk in than a live Sky Premiergreed game IMO.

Edited by boundaryblue80

39 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Bit like the "there'll never be a way to sell beer in the Chaddy End" and ten years on it happened. And then folk say our leader has done a good job under the circumstances. It doesn't sit well with me that the OEC will be taking any matchday monies out of this venture BUT the venture is more important than that.

PS Regarding Ricks idea 10yrs ago, I remember suggesting also putting on old nostalgic Latics matches on a tele (like the Sheff Wed game etc.) and promote it the week before that the game would be shown. Would get more folk in than a live Sky Premiergreed game IMO.

Thanks for the comments with regards to teh venture itself...it's getting a bit muddled across various sites what we are trying out.

With regards to the PS... I very much like this idea. Defo worth considering if we do eventually launch a fans bar. Are we okay to put it on the wish list Boundaryblue?

Edited by underdog

27 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Sorry to be that guy again but personally I think it is difficult enough dragging lots of our fans out of the past as it is, without getting them pissed and showing it to them again just before a match.

Hey no need to apologise, nothing wrong in discussing ideas...then again this is OWTB

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I really doubt people are going to turn up specifically to watch 90 mins of football from 30 years ago. 

I could be in a minority, but I’d rather watch a live PL game than Oldham v Grimsby from 1964. 

1) You can bet on live football

2) Sports are 10x better to watch when you don’t know the outcome.

I like the idea of old matches being played on a TV in the background, but as a promoted event intended to draw in more supporters, instead of showing live PL? I don’t see it working. 

Okay here is today's fan bar update...u16 will be allowed in free as long as they are with an adult.  refreshments to be purchased separate. Adults is £3 entry with a free 1st refreshment or a food item. Please be mindful we are running this as a bar environment with no family area. Also as it really is a basic inside, its not really fit to have wee ones running about as well...please see photos we have already posted as we are trying to be as honest as we can In as little time we are trying to pull this off. Also, we might need a couple of volunteers this Friday afternoon to help arrange the furniture (once I have done loading and unloading it tomoz Without killing myself)...so if you fancy a workout with furniture and have good sweeping, wiping down skills, please put you name below or pm me. Cheers

Edited by underdog