Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not had time to do much have you?  Fridges with canned beer and a microwave for pies? Amiright? 

Raindrops on rose....., these are a Few of my favourite things......Julie Andrews. Sound of music.

nooooo no time at all to arrange transport for the furniture volunteers, to go an get said furniturevolunteers, to get it delivered to site volunteers, to clean furniture and tidy up said site from a building site /storage site it is volunteers,  to get a screen in place, to work out the foot fall, where the bar will be, the food will be served, when Sky can come and install and all......absolutely no chuffing time.....by volunteers that have been so gracious to give up their free time this week to try and make something positive for the fans...did I mention volunteers?

yes I've chomp at your fishing line....and I'm a tad pissed off to boot, so play nice tis the festive season and all

I've been selfish...I have forgot to mention the staff a the OEC too thank you OEC team

Edited by underdog
Forgot to mention the OEC team -thanks to them too
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not had time to do much have you?  Fridges with canned beer and a microwave for pies? Amiright? 

Couldn’t be further from the truth but thanks for your positive input when the Trust are trying to do something for the fans. Not doing much to dispel the feeling that you are a Corney stooge. 

11 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Couldn’t be further from the truth but thanks for your positive input when the Trust are trying to do something for the fans. Not doing much to dispel the feeling that you are a Corney stooge. 

Oooooh touchy. I was actually trying to be positive and defend what it will be.  Ah well.  Stooge? You live in a fucking spy novel. Pathetic. 

29 minutes ago, underdog said:

Raindrops on rose....., these are a Few of my favourite things......Julie Andrews. Sound of music.

nooooo no time at all to arrange transport for the furniture volunteers, to go an get said furniturevolunteers, to get it delivered to site volunteers, to clean furniture and tidy up said site from a building site /storage site it is volunteers,  to get a screen in place, to work out the foot fall, where the bar will be, the food will be served, when Sky can come and install and all......absolutely no chuffing time.....by volunteers that have been so gracious to give up their free time this week to try and make something positive for the fans...did I mention volunteers?

yes I've chomp at your fishing line....and I'm a tad pissed off to boot, so play nice tis the festive season and all

Yawn. No line. Just your typical defensive trust member response. 

Edited by kowenicki

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Oooooh touchy. I was actually trying to be positive and defend what it will be.  Ah well.  Stooge? You live in a fucking spy novel. Pathetic. 

Apologies if I took it the wrong way, it didn’t look positive to me - hope you can see it that way. Sorry. 

Edited by jorvik_latic

3 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Apologies if I took it the wrong way, it didn’t look positive to me - hope you can see it that way. Sorry. 

Accepted. Apologies for my response afterwards too. I was honestly trying to envisage the moaners that will appear after the Boxing Day fixture having a pop. Entitled lot on here. Whatever it will be, whatever you have been able to achieve in limited time, will be more than acceptable and gratefully received by me. 

43 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yawn. No line. Just your typical defensive trust member response. 

Not at all it read like a line ....and I bit at it 

And as a Trust member who has given up her time to get something off the ground  for the sake of fans..then yes I'll be as defensive as I want to be on this project. 

If your tired too, maybe a good nights kip is needed. Never neglect your body

Edited by underdog

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

Not at all it read like a line ....and I bit at it 

And as a Trust member who has given up her time to get something off the ground  for the sake of fans..then yes I'll be as defensive as I want to be on this project. 

If your tired too, maybe a good nights kip is needed. Never neglect your body

Even where it isn’t warranted?  Fair enough.  

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Even where it isn’t warranted?  Fair enough.  

Like  you have mentioned above, I did not Read it that way , but as a pop at us. 

I can accept positive and negative critiscm and we will get it for various reasons over this fans bar. It will not be to everyone's taste if we can pull it off

but I'm human,  I have man flu and a funeral today to boot...so maybe I best log out for the night.

we are all  OAFC family so I extend my seasons best to you and your family

33 minutes ago, underdog said:

Like  you have mentioned above, I did not Read it that way , but as a pop at us. 

I can accept positive and negative critiscm and we will get it for various reasons over this fans bar. It will not be to everyone's taste if we can pull it off

but I'm human,  I have man flu and a funeral today to boot...so maybe I best log out for the night.

Likewise. All the best. 

3 hours ago, underdog said:

by volunteers that have been so gracious to give up their free time this week to try and make something positive for the fans

I won't be there- stuck 100 miles away hosting the in laws- but I'd just like to say thank you to those who are trying to do something.

I hope it goes well followed by a thumping win.

Fingers crossed it goes well to reward everyone's hard work on this project. If it is a success is the plan for this bar to replace the original plans or could both ventures carry on simultaneously? 

The reason I ask is with the work being done on this bar.....what happens if the uptake and interest isn't there?

Here's hoping we pack it out, we've waited long enough for something like this.

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Accepted. Apologies for my response afterwards too. I was honestly trying to envisage the moaners that will appear after the Boxing Day fixture having a pop. Entitled lot on here. Whatever it will be, whatever you have been able to achieve in limited time, will be more than acceptable and gratefully received by me. 

Envisage the moaners eh? 

And yet if someone who doesn’t trust Corney or the club 1 iota (and been given many reasons not to) made any negative prediction about an initiative the club might run you’d be on them like a tramp on a hot trip. 

See how how it works? Wind it in!

Edited by boundaryblue80

5 hours ago, underdog said:

K will defend the Corney/Club at all costs and kick the Trust as quick as he can. Then make claims (at others) about agendas. Classic K!

Edited by boundaryblue80

It might of been nice of the ‘OEC’ to donate all the funds from the initial opening of the bar to the trust. As a goodwill gesture, and a thank you for their hard work. But alas they must really need the relative drop in the ocean. 

Well done to those of you involved in setting this up. Your a credit to the club. 

I suppose us overseas fans will have to just make do with supping beer on a lilo in the swimming pool in 25 degree heat while listening to the game on I follow .....  When is the trust going to do something to enhance our matchday experience?

J/k  :tongue1:    Hope its a great success

Edited by Stagger Lee

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

It might of been nice of the ‘OEC’ to donate all the funds from the initial opening of the bar to the trust. As a goodwill gesture, and a thank you for their hard work. But alas they must really need the relative drop in the ocean. 

Well done to those of you involved in setting this up. Your a credit to the club. 

Giving them the incentive for them to do something is well worth them retaining their share of profits.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

#baconbutty