Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

14 hours ago, steveoafc said:

Fingers crossed it goes well to reward everyone's hard work on this project. If it is a success is the plan for this bar to replace the original plans or could both ventures carry on simultaneously? 

The reason I ask is with the work being done on this bar.....what happens if the uptake and interest isn't there?

Here's hoping we pack it out, we've waited long enough for something like this.

Hello Steve, I suppose it all depends if we had a timeline on when the upstairs  bar will be completed then we could forward plan and all.

if it is a case it's not feasible to do both, I'm sure this one can be recycled.

if the interest isn't there, then all we have lost at this stage is effort and time.

it really is in our hands 

4 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Giving them the incentive for them to do something is well worth them retaining their share of profits.

Sorry, I don’t understand that view.  

They have a empty unit. One that has been empty since it was built, and didn’t look like being used in the near future. The trust has put a lot of time and effort into creating something to fill the empty unit, and it could make the OEC money that it doesn’t seem capable of generating itself. Should it take off, I would fully expect the OEC to take it’s share.  

However for the Trust to show this sort intitiave, and considering it could be a win win. It feels like blatant profiteering, on the back of people’s hard work and dedication. 

I think its a real shame, and a missed opportunity to get some real positivity between fans and club again. 

Hope it goes well today. 

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Sorry, I don’t understand that view.  

They have a empty unit. One that has been empty since it was built, and didn’t look like being used in the near future. The trust has put a lot of time and effort into creating something to fill the empty unit, and it could make the OEC money that it doesn’t seem capable of generating itself. Should it take off, I would fully expect the OEC to take it’s share.  

However for the Trust to show this sort intitiave, and considering it could be a win win. It feels like blatant profiteering, on the back of people’s hard work and dedication. 

I think its a real shame, and a missed opportunity to get some real positivity between fans and club again. 

Hope it goes well today. 

I wish they'd done more of this "blatant profiteering" over the years and enabled people to give them more money to buy better players. 

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I wish they'd done more of this "blatant profiteering" over the years and enabled people to give them more money to buy better players. 

Instead they sold the decent players, put the money into a stand and separated it from the football side where they can do as they choose, unfortunately the playing side has been bottom of the list for a long time followed hot on the heels by any sort of facilities for the fans.

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Instead they sold the decent players, put the money into a stand and separated it from the football side where they can do as they choose, unfortunately the playing side has been bottom of the list for a long time followed hot on the heels by any sort of facilities for the fans.

Amen. 

I just couldn’t be arsed saying it again. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

This is why you're looking at this the wrong way round. 

Corney doesn't think such a bar will generate profit. Turn up and show him he's wrong and that improving "facilities for the fans" can benefit all concerned. 

Dear all, latics fanatic is right...we were hoping for a resolution in time but it did not materialise...here is message gone out today. I'm gutted  for us fans. 

Unfortunately we have had to postpone the opening of the fans bar on Boxing Day.

Despite the hard work of OEC staff and Trust Directors and volunteers, the proposed opening is being postponed on Policing/Safety grounds.
It was a difficult undertaking to attempt to bring a redundant space into use for the benefit of all fans in just 3 weeks, and we’ve pulled it off.  
However the advice is that the time of year, and profile of the games will stop us opening for the two Christmas games.

Thank you for all the support you’ve shown so far, the fan bar is now closer than it’s ever been.

In the meantime we’ll take the opportunity to continue to fit out and improve the space. We’ve already acquired a pool table and other items that we hope will help create an enjoyable space for all fans back at our ground.

I've created another post to confirm this so it's more visable. so if the mods want to shut this one down, please do so

Edited by underdog

16 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I don’t understand???

The venue itself is good to go, it's a safety issue people wise that has delayed this.

Fan/customer safety comes first and we have to abide by this

im im useless at explaining stuff, I'm sure One of hue he trust guys will explain better

its a hiccup,  and I m totally deflated by it all but we are determined to get this going in the New year

37 minutes ago, underdog said:

The venue itself is good to go, it's a safety issue people wise that has delayed this.

Fan/customer safety comes first and we have to abide by this

im im useless at explaining stuff, I'm sure One of hue he trust guys will explain better

its a hiccup,  and I m totally deflated by it all but we are determined to get this going in the New year

Yeah noticed the hard work gutted for you all.

Basically, are we talking about health n safety type red tape bullshit?

33 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yeah noticed the hard work gutted for you all.

Basically, are we talking about health n safety type red tape bullshit?

Just bad timing...pesky Xmas and all.

Usual working week would have meant we had Friday and Monday to sort it out to the satisfaction of all parties, but it didn't happen.

summarised our year up really.

anyway, Jan we can move on we have listened to a suggestion of pool table and we've got one sourced. We might be able to make it better looking by then too...she no looker

Gutted for all those involved but probably predictable given the need for a safety certificate on minimal notice over Xmas. Fingers crossed the hard work pays off eventually 

Can I make a request for when the fans’ bar opens. Some seats. Put a few seats in and those who struggle to stand for whatever reason will be advantaged in comparison with the bars in the stands. Wouldn’t need anything fancy, but may need to be fixed to the floor / wall.

43 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Gutted for all those involved but probably predictable given the need for a safety certificate on minimal notice over Xmas. Fingers crossed the hard work pays off eventually 

Can I make a request for when the fans’ bar opens. Some seats. Put a few seats in and those who struggle to stand for whatever reason will be advantaged in comparison with the bars in the stands. Wouldn’t need anything fancy, but may need to be fixed to the floor / wall.

Hello  Rude, furniture is in place, I will try and upload my last photos about Santas helpers arriving with it all.

the venue is good to go. It's the first time it's to be used by football fans and policing/stewarding of it all as additional location.  Safety felt it needed escalating for advice and as it was the last Friday before Xmas and Monday being Xmas day...we couldn't sort it in a timely manner.

thats the crux of it, no conspiracies or anything just bad timing.....it sums up the Trust year really, every time we feel we want to get an event/ joint venture or something going it just seems to unravel.

our luck has to change....I've attempted a link..aagghhh

Edited by underdog
Added photos of room

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello  Rude, furniture is in place, I will try and upload my last photos about Santas helpers arriving with it all.

the venue is good to go. It's the first time it's to be used by football fans and policing/stewarding of it all as additional location.  Safety felt it needed escalating for advice and as it was the last Friday before Xmas and Monday being Xmas day...we couldn't sort it in a timely manner.

thats the crux of it, no conspiracies or anything just bad timing.....it sums up the Trust year really, every time we feel we want to get an event/ joint venture or something going it just seems to unravel.

our luck has to change 

Great to hear. Wasn’t putting across a conspiracy it’s one of those things that takes time to sort, especially over Xmas. Glad the fans’ bar will likely be a go-er at some point in the next few weeks.

Well done to all those involved.

Sorry to hear that Tracy, I know how hard you worked for this and it's a crying shame it hasn't come off. Seems a bit odd for it to be ruled out this late on health and safety grounds when Fleetwood is hardly a high risk match but I suppose you can't take the chance.

(I didn't vote Leave for this.)

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

I suppose they want it opened on a wet and cold Tuesday night when fewer people will attend to make it safer - spoilsports - but there is nothing those who put in all the effort can do.  Thanks for your hard work.

And when it won't be as successful/profitable.

Or maybe I'm being cynical.

41 minutes ago, rosa said:

Sorry to hear that Tracy, I know how hard you worked for this and it's a crying shame it hasn't come off. Seems a bit odd for it to be ruled out this late on health and safety grounds when Fleetwood is hardly a high risk match but I suppose you can't take the chance.

(I didn't vote Leave for this.)

That's what we thought the OEC team worked hard, temporary licensing and all, even the issue of us accessing toilet facilities too in the North stand as there are non yet in the  room itself..well the groundwork/pipe work for it is and the toilet basins are stacked up in a corner hahah.

The safety team on inspection thought it best we all sought further advice with regards to safe policing of it....you know us nethanderal fans pre match drinking/post match drinking and worst of all you Rosa if there is no red wine your likely to do a Rambo and all.  It meant an escalation off site advice and we just couldn't manage it in time.

its just what it is....damn timing and all....all your trust team was gutted late yesterday night when we heard it was a possibility it might not go ahead...I couldn't speak/type to anyone it was like a proper kick in the gonads if I had them...god help those trust chaps who did have them.

I even had reserve seating arranged for those two troubles causers OAFCProzac and Opinios4u so I could keep my beedy eye on them...you know the sort...have a lemonade and they are anyones

sometime I think why the chuff do I bother....but that's a bit self loathing...I'll snap back out and we will make this work if it's wanted by us fans

Edited by underdog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Is “the safety team” internal or external?

actually, either way, they’re feckin idiots and along with their “elf & safety” muppet friends ruin so much in this country

the incompetence and inability of the club management to deliver almost anything successfully is depressing 

Hello Ritchie, th club/ground has it's own safety team and it's their duty to look after people who visit the ground. external advice is from OMBC I believe SAG team and police too.

The OEC team had the correct licensing and H&S certificate in place, after viewing the location the safety team felt SAG/Police advice should be sought and that's when time was against us as it was Last Friday and Monday is Xmas day, relevant people were off..any other week we could have been resolved. But as we could not get this done it was felt safety first and we had to postpone.

The  trust and OEC team are determined to get the event on in January, we beleive it's what fans want/need and can be viable if we can continue it with fans support.

there as no good time to roll this out too onth back of yesterday's result. Aagghhhhh

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Hello Ritchie, th club/ground has it's own safety team and it's their duty to look after people who visit the ground. external advice is from OMBC I believe SAG team and police too.

The OEC team had the correct licensing and H&S certificate in place, after viewing the location the safety team felt SAG/Police advice should be sought and that's when time was against us as it was Last Friday and Monday is Xmas day, relevant people were off..any other week we could have been resolved. But as we could not get this done it was felt safety first and we had to postpone.

The  trust and OEC team are determined to get the event on in January, we beleive it's what fans want/need and can be viable if we can continue it with fans support.

there as no good time to roll this out too onth back of yesterday's result. Aagghhhhh

Meanwhile, a few feet away, hundreds will be crammed in to a much smaller space at half time... 

Oh and, go on then Jargon Woman, I'll humour you - WTF is SAG FFS? 

Edited by HarryBosch