Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

8 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Seems like you’ve put profits into a few bars today Rigs. Step back from the keyboard man 

I followed your advice- ordered a curry and a couple of hookers 

ps not sure what i said last night was wrong- they ARE asset strippers- and i wont be putting any of my ill earned cash into their pockets, and i repeat what i said, anyone who does is tapped.

OEC can go and whistle.

Dear all

Apologies for the delayed response and for what I'm about to post.

circumstances have meant we are unable to go ahead and open for this weekends Plymouth game. 

Its ts disappointing for all concerned  as it was our aim to be up and running for this match.

we will keep you updated 

thanks for your patience

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Dear all

circumstances have meant we are unable to go ahead and open for this weekends Plymouth game. 

Its ts disappointing for all concerned  as it was our aim to be up and running for this match.

we will keep you updated 

thanks for your patience

Sorry to hear. it must be frustrating.

4-6 weeks?:wink:

Seriously though, hope it is a short term blip.

May I ask, Is the delay related to the takeover delay?

4 hours ago, underdog said:

Dear all

we will keep you updated 

thanks for your patience

Latics in "things not quite happening as we expected them to" shocker

4 hours ago, underdog said:

Dear all

we will keep you updated 

thanks for your patience

Circumstances? Any more you can share?

39 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Elf and safety stuff taking longer than expected, nothing more exciting...

LL is right,  it's with the SAG at the council. I hoped they would speed it on a bit being latics and being a stadium but it can take upto 5 weeks apparently.

Its sodding frustrated....we are good to go with the room and resources.

At this rate it looks like I'll be going back In to dusting all the furniture again.

Aagghh....and breath

Thanks eveyone for your postive feedback. 

Its ts been a learning curve for us all, working with a new partner, a new site/shell, sorting the resources for it, only to be held up because of the volume of people it can hold and SAG approval needed. So yes bloody annoying but very necessary.

lets be safe rather than sorry.

Cheers

Edited by underdog

2 hours ago, underdog said:

LL is right,  it's with the SAG at the council. I hoped they would speed it on a bit being latics and being a stadium but it can take upto 5 weeks apparently.

Its sodding frustrated....we are good to go with the room and resources.

At this rate it looks like I'll be going back In to dusting all the furniture again.

Aagghh....and breath

I hope you reminded them the season ends in May!

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Can anyone from the trust confirm or deny that one of the reasons this has been delayed again is because no toilets were put in the supporters bar....?

Not at all....I can confirm there are zero toilets in the room...yep zero. The soil pipes/groundwork has been done in it 

so your going to have to tie a not in it or....charge for us all to come around to your house paddy..hah

Serious now.

access to the  toilets had been arrange by using the ones on the concourse inside the north stand

Be interested to hear the Health and Safety people's response to the fact they deem a supporters bar such a risk to delay operating it by weeks, but perfectly fine to operate the same stand without a tannoy affecting the safety announcements for thousands of people. 

• 1 month later...

We actually discussed it in our Trust meeting this week and mentioned  it to Al and his brother who attended the meeting too

It's not dead in the water and I don't want to let the cat out of the proverbial bag and steal anyone's thunder.

disappointing I know on the delay but I'm sure it will be worth it