Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Okay here is today's fan bar update...u16 will be allowed in free as long as they are with an adult.  refreshments to be purchased separate. Adults is £3 entry with a free 1st refreshment or a food item. Please be mindful we are running this as a bar environment with no family area. Also as it really is a basic inside, its not really fit to have wee ones running about as well...please see photos we have already posted as we are trying to be as honest as we can In as little time we are trying to pull this off. Also, we might need a couple of volunteers this Friday afternoon to help arrange the furniture (once I have done loading and unloading it tomoz Without killing myself)...so if you fancy a workout with furniture and have good sweeping, wiping down skills, please put you name below or pm me. Cheers

Does a refreshment mean an alcoholic drink?

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why the £3 entry? 

(Not having a pop, just asking....) 

Not or at all, tbh I can't remember why we said £3....My brains a bit fuzzy with a cold And I'm typing on two social media sites too, I'm sure one of the other trust chaps will be on here to mop up my  brain blip to explain it in laymens terms but i do know includes your first drink or food item.

whats the going rate for a pint these days? Or a pie even?

i need another hot toddy....

We'll that's my pre Xmas work out done....tables and chairs are now in the venue

im absolutely fubar'd with it but must force myself to to out later for drinkies...oh the pain. I've posted some photos on face ache but I'm crap at uploading them on here and too knackered to do it.

second wind needed by 3pm aagghh

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

We'll that's my pre Xmas work out done....tables and chairs are now in the venue

im absolutely fubar'd with it but must force myself to to out later for drinkies...oh the pain. I've posted some photos on face ache but I'm crap at uploading them on here and too knackered to do it.

second wind needed by 3pm aagghh

Is this bar open to all or just those who have paid to go in the stand ?

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Is this bar open to all or just those who have paid to go in the stand?

Open to all BP, entrance is on the car park side of the North stand, in between the OEC entrance and the GLo gym entrance if that helps.

You don't have to come into the ground at all if that makes sense

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Open to all BP, entrance is on the car park side of the North stand, in between the OEC entrance and the GLo gym entrance if that helps.

You don't have to come into the ground at all if that makes sense

Ideal for those who like a drink while watching the lunchtime match but don't like attending matches.

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

It's on Facebook and Twitter too. Plus there's good old word of mouth.

Minimal coverage IMO for most fans.

The idea I'd have thought is to advertise new ventures as wide as possible, but it appears you are discounting signs and newspapers (Can't see any article in the Oldham Times for example).

Could you also point out me where the new fans bar is mentioned on the club's official website?

Edited by BP1960

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The idea I'd have thought is to advertise new ventures as wide as possible, but it appears you are discounting signs and newspapers (Can't see any article in the Oldham Times for example).

Could you also point out me where the new fans bar is mentioned on the club's official website?

It’s a one day event. 

30 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Should imagine those things come at a cost BP.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

A very good initiative, is this testing the water then to see if worth opening for every home game?

Hello BP, yes hopefully to see if there is a viable product.

i understand your comments with regards to promoting it, but with a week to sort it and with a lot of trust staff still Working with the run up to Xmas, we decided just to run with what resources we had....social media being a very useful tool.

printing posters and adverts would cost and beleive it or not, having an access to a printer too. It's usually me doing the printing but I'm off work so relying on personal printers can literally be a pain and ink cost too.

so it's social media and word of mouth this time

but who knows if there will be a next time to organise ourselves better

Edited by underdog