January transfer window

If I was AL I'd give Corney an co 24hrs to sort it so I could invest some real money in this window (assuming I had it to spend), otherwise I'd tell them to forget it and I just may be back, or not, to buy a 2nd division club in June.

Edited by frizzell54

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

A very good prospect, according to my Rovers supporting mate, whose only been held back by Mowbray's insistence on starting players he's signed.

Does your mate prefer managers who sign new players but then stick with the side they already had? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Does your mate prefer managers who sign new players but then stick with the side they already had? 

The point being it's holding up his progress into first team football. Apparently when he's had a chance off the bench he's played quite well and looked a natural finisher. When a new manager comes into a club he invariably signs players he "knows" usually to the detriment of the existing ones chances. It doesn't look too good when you talk your chairman into signing someone then they're kept on the sidelines by a kid from the youth set-up.

18 hours ago, frizzell54 said:

If I was AL I'd give Corney an co 24hrs to sort it so I could invest some real money in this window (assuming I had it to spend), otherwise I'd tell them to forget it and I just may be back, or not, to buy a 2nd division club in June.

We are in the third division.

1 minute ago, robboman said:

Wellens supposed to look pissed off/stressed on latest interview. Another striker might not happen

tbf Wellens looks pissed on 90% of his interviews that's just his face & I'm sure he's sick of answering the exact same questions every day.

As for the stress. Welcome to management at a club with no money in a transfer window. I'm sure no matter who com'es in hell look more rested come February when he isn't constantly chasing targets we cant afford.

20 minutes ago, robboman said:

Wellens supposed to look pissed off/stressed on latest interview. Another striker might not happen

I wouldn't say he looked particularly pissed off. He did look tired though.

Re striker, he said he's hopeful for tomorrow but it's unlikely. He didn't say anything to indicate a striker would not be coming in at all.

7 minutes ago, bozman said:

Re striker, he said he's hopeful for tomorrow but it's unlikely. He didn't say anything to indicate a striker would not be coming in at all.

Fair enough. I've not seen the video myself, just going off what people are saying on twitter

34 minutes ago, bozman said:

He's had flu, which may explain things.

3 hours ago, frizzell54 said:

In old money.  By June we will be in the 4th Division (if you want to use old terms) unless something is done.

Why be so upset, are you one of the Amigos?.  Just be glad I am not AL.

Yeah, we are hoping AL isnt a wazzock aswell

On 1/21/2018 at 2:58 PM, frizzell54 said:

Nose cut. Face spited.

6 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Heard that we have contacted Norwich about Sean Raggett on loan (ex Lincoln) following Gerrard getting injured...don't know how true it is.

Would do well to get him.

I wonder if Latics are aware of 18yo 6ft 7ins centre back Lex Allan at  Sittingbourne?

Despite interest from top flight clubs he's still at the non league club.

Not seen him myself but he seems one to keep an eye on.

Anyone remember a player a few years ago the same height we missed out on...Rob Jones?

Edited by BP1960

7 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Heard that we have contacted Norwich about Sean Raggett on loan (ex Lincoln) following Gerrard getting injured...don't know how true it is.

Work with a Lincoln fan who rates this guy very highly. Reckons he's got a chance of getting into Norwich first team this season.