Jewell Resigns

29 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

"didn't feel he got the reaction he wanted from the players"  ???!!!

The dynamics obviously changed when Paul Jewell joined the club. We have not and never will have, any answers as to why, unless one of the departing players lets something "slip" on Twatter. It could have been his demeanour, his manner of coaching or even his tone of voice but, if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work...simple as that. I've worked in companies that have brought new management people in and I have left because of them. Shit happens. He has gone and if a certain Mr Philiskirk can be coerced into helping out once more...and results pick up gain...then we know where the problem lay.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well at least we can blame Jewell for the downturn in form....he asked the players to do certain things and didn't get the reaction he wanted so he left......so let's assume he confused them and it all went pear shaped on the pitch.......so now we are back to RW' simple and clear instructions...."ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK"

4-3 win on Saturday now

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The dynamics obviously changed when Paul Jewell joined the club. We have not and never will have, any answers as to why, unless one of the departing players lets something "slip" on Twatter. It could have been his demeanour, his manner of coaching or even his tone of voice but, if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work...simple as that. I've worked in companies that have brought new management people in and I have left because of them. Shit happens. He has gone and if a certain Mr Philiskirk can be coerced into helping out once more...and results pick up gain...then we know where the problem lay.

We'll be lucky if TP doesn't leave too...

22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Fuck me. No wonder the trust is as popular as a turd in a hot tub in Boundary Park. 

Any chance we we could have a full run down of the meeting between AL and Simon Brooke? Ta much. 

So because I’m on the Trust I can’t have my own commentary on things? Fuck me, you’re boring. 

What happened to your beloved NDAs that you talk about? Now you want to know about it because the Trust is involved? Nah. 

9 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

He said “I’d like to think after the conversation with the EFL yesterday it’s going to be a few days but it really is out of our hands”

this was after saying he didn’t want to put a definitive timescale on it as it had bitten them in the past. Few days is what he would like but then again I’d like Jennifer Lawrence in my bed when I go up tonight ... it’s upto the EFL 

If you end up with Lennie Lawrence in there, ask him if he fancies a job coaching.

22 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I am beginning to wonder if the Trust really wants to know what is going on at this club based upon some of the recent comments and discussions on this forum or is it ignorance is bliss? The above from Jorvik being a good example.

Why? Because I think that we didn’t really learn anything from a 5 minute interview that could have been published on a website? As I’ve told Kowenicki, I’m allowed a personal opinion on things. I’ve always said that I post on here as a fan first and foremost. 

9 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

So because I’m on the Trust I can’t have my own commentary on things? Fuck me, you’re boring. 

What happened to your beloved NDAs that you talk about? Now you want to know about it because the Trust is involved? Nah. 

A general overview without breaking an NDA is reasonable. Just telling us without us having to ask is a minimum requirement. You’re a hypocrite. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

A general overview without breaking an NDA is reasonable. Just telling us without us having to ask is a minimum requirement. You’re a hypocrite. 

I’m not going to bore everyone on here again with a tit for tat with you. 

5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Why? Because I think that we didn’t really learn anything from a 5 minute interview that could have been published on a website? As I’ve told Kowenicki, I’m allowed a personal opinion on things. I’ve always said that I post on here as a fan first and foremost. 

When it suits.  You’ll have to forgive us for taking it as a trust representation seeing as the Trust tells us nothing.  We didn’t even know the Trust had met AL until yesterday when someone dragged it out if you.  

5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I’m not going to bore everyone on here again with a tit for tat with you. 

Then get the Trust to communicate now and then rather than publishing match reports.

Edited by kowenicki

14 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

If the takeover happens soonish as in the next week or so I wonder how many games Wellens will be given to turn it around or whether he'll be given any before the new owners bring in their guy

If we only just manage staying up I fear he will be moved out/sideways at season end.   AL won’t be able to resist a name? 

33 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

He said “I’d like to think after the conversation with the EFL yesterday it’s going to be a few days but it really is out of our hands”

this was after saying he didn’t want to put a definitive timescale on it as it had bitten them in the past. Few days is what he would like but then again I’d like Jennifer Lawrence in my bed when I go up tonight ... it’s upto the EFL 

You'll be lucky! I just tucked her in with a nice cup of cocoa, although she did try to tempt me into an early night but I politely declined as there are more important things going on at the moment and I wouldn't be up for it. :D She hates football!