Wide ranging article in MEN (& OT) Doyle out 8/9 wks Menig returning, Davies away etc

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

No he didnt and I cant help feeling he would have benefitted from staying in league 1 for a few more years playing regularly rather than going up and sitting on the bench in the championship.

Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture
Or just let it slip?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of talk about JCH but is Wellens genuinely interested in him or is just a case of him being an ex player that’s out of favour at his current club? LJ got the club a good deal with him, the fee was undisclosed but he was Rotherham’s record signing at the time. I don’t think he is the type of player we need at the moment unless Davies is on the move.

2 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

A lot of talk about JCH but is Wellens genuinely interested in him or is just a case of him being an ex player that’s out of favour at his current club? LJ got the club a good deal with him, the fee was undisclosed but he was Rotherham’s record signing at the time. I don’t think he is the type of player we need at the moment unless Davies is on the move.

Rotherham press saying he is coming on loan 

6 hours ago, oldhamoafc said:

People moaning about JCH goal return are the same people who think 1 in 46 Holloway is a good player....

Ha Ha don’t count me in that. Holloway is good at winning headers and holding the ball up, and he’s been very useful as an impact sub in 2 or 3 games this season, but his goalscoring record is abysmal.

My point has been that Davies has scored 10 goals already this season and it makes no sense to me at all to let him go if JCH is to be his replacement because a front two of JCH and Holloway would be disastrous looking at their previous goal tallies. Keep Davies and bring someone like JCH in as support, that’s a much better proposition especially if they can hold on and still have Doyle back as well once he recovers.

5 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Ha Ha don’t count me in that. Holloway is good at winning headers and holding the ball up, and he’s been very useful as an impact sub in 2 or 3 games this season, but his goalscoring record is abysmal.

My point has been that Davies has scored 10 goals already this season and it makes no sense to me at all to let him go if JCH is to be his replacement because a front two of JCH and Holloway would be disastrous looking at their previous goal tallies. Keep Davies and bring someone like JCH in as support, that’s a much better proposition especially if they can hold on and still have Doyle back as well once he recovers.

Think Holloway hasn’t been treated very fairly. He has only started 2 out of 11 games he has been involved in since wellens took over his first games wasn’t till Bury and the 2 starts weren’t one after the other. Some players need a few games to get going and due to his build clearly he is one of them. Davies has only scored 3 in the last 11 league games he has started and one was a penalty with no assists. Holloway has scored 1 and assisted 5 in league games . Last time I posted them stats people seemed to swerve them and carry on moaning about him but Think he needs a fair crack at it before everyone jumps on his back. 

Edited by adamoafc

It’s obvious we need a couple of strikers but for now I’d have Holloway over Davies every day of the week. Davies is going through the motions week in week out...if Portsmouth want him they can bloody have him for me!

Edited by oafc1955

37 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s obvious we need a couple of strikers but for now I’d have Holloway over Davies every day of the week. Davies is going through the motions week in week out...if Portsmouth want him they can bloody have him for me!

Davies....Holloway

Goals column.......

Discuss

As a target man to hold up the ball and play alongside a striker like Doyle, I'd prefer Holloway to Davies.  But individually Davies offers much more of a goal threat so on an individual basis I'd go with him.

I liked JCH when he was here but I don't think he's the right type of player for us at the moment.

On 06/01/2018 at 7:13 PM, Andy Perimeter West said:

Holloway is a pointless striker fucking shite his score record is dreadful Davies needs a brain with him i.e Doyle for him to flourish such a shame...

So what you’re actually saying is...Davies is fucking brainless?