Wide ranging article in MEN (& OT) Doyle out 8/9 wks Menig returning, Davies away etc

9 minutes ago, bozman said:

Check again tòmorrow.

The manager does a press conference on a Thursday. The first part is conducted by the Latics media guy and goes on ifollow soon after.

In the second part, any journalist who has turned up gets to ask any additional questions they have. This is also filmed but doesn't go on ifollow straight away. 

The journalists have 24 hours to get their stories out  on their media platforms. Usually the video is then posted on ifollow as 'press conference part 2'  the following afternoon.

This seems like a pretty fair system to me. It allows the journos to get some decent new content out there before it goes on ifollow.

The reason a lot of the info wasn't in the first ifollow interview is that the Latics media guy didn't ask any questions about Davies, Menig, the takeover etc.

Cheers for that. I’ll look out for it. ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Clarke-Harris scored 7 in 45 games for us. He’s scored 9 in 69 for Rotherham.

Davies on the other hand has scored 10 in half a season. 

Being more mobile is all well and good but scoring goals is all a striker needs to do and I’m afraid 16 goals in 114 is woeful for a centre forward. 

Cant see the sense in letting Davies go for a minimal fee if JCH is to be his replacement.

Tend to agree but Davies record this season is largely down to our style of play under Wellens (arguably until recently). For the record he scored 18 in 127 for the four clubs previous to us.

47 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Tend to agree but Davies record this season is largely down to our style of play under Wellens (arguably until recently). For the record he scored 18 in 127 for the four clubs previous to us.

Point taken re his goalscoring record this season, but at least that can be classed as good current form, whereas JCH does not have those figures against his name this season, and we are going to need goals. I’d stick with Davies personally and try to get somebody in alongside him.

2 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

An interesting addition to the ever more complex Pawel's Law..... 

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Point taken re his goalscoring record this season, but at least that can be classed as good current form, whereas JCH does not have those figures against his name this season, and we are going to need goals. I’d stick with Davies personally and try to get somebody in alongside him.

I guess i was saying that maybe RW sees something in JCH and could get a tune out of him. On balance though id agree to keep Davies

Be extremely worried if we allow Davies to go and rely on Holloway (who I'd be looking to get shut of immediately). Not sure JCH is the answer either, but he does have the pace we sorely need. Just not sure about his temperament, ability to stay fit and how often he'll find the net for us.

Clearly everyone on here has been watching JCH career a lot more closely than me! Considering people know so much about the player he is now compared to when he left. 

The fact he signed for a team in the league above shows he’s got ability. When he left he drove with the ball and has more pace than davies. Don’t think personally it would be a bad move. 

25 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Clearly everyone on here has been watching JCH career a lot more closely than me! Considering people know so much about the player he is now compared to when he left. 

The fact he signed for a team in the league above shows he’s got ability. When he left he drove with the ball and has more pace than davies. Don’t think personally it would be a bad move. 

He's had a bad injury and made the majority of his appearances from the bench, played well in the Championship before his injury and in my opinion wouldn't be the worst signing we could make.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Be extremely worried if we allow Davies to go and rely on Holloway (who I'd be looking to get shut of immediately). Not sure JCH is the answer either, but he does have the pace we sorely need. Just not sure about his temperament, ability to stay fit and how often he'll find the net for us.

I don't remember him being particularly quick... 

40 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

We've made worse signings but it wouldn't get the pulse racing.

That said, similar to Doyle, & to a lesser extent Davies, he could rip it up playing regularly again in this league. 

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I don't remember him being particularly quick... 

Scored a breakaway goal against Bradford away burning off a couple of defenders is the best I can remember. You would think he would be pacier than Davies and just before he left playing as a lone striker I thought he was improving, type of player who would probably benefit from playing week in week out.

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is this what they call trolling ? He was lightening I thought ! 

I wouldnt say he was lightening quick but he was quicker than average. (Splitting hairs I know) :)

What he did have was a traction engine in his left foot.

Edited by GlossopLatic

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I wouldnt say he was lightening quick but he was quicker than average. (Splitting hairs I know) :)

What he did have was a traction engine in his left foot.

What he didn’t have - and looks like he still doesn’t have - is good goalscoring ability! 

2 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

If Jonson Clark Harris is the answer then we’re asking the wrong fucking question.

Couldn't have put it any better

10 goals in his 71 games since he left us

Probably a good few of those games coming off the bench which further evidences his expected contribution

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

What he didn’t have - and looks like he still doesn’t have - is good goalscoring ability! 

He missed most of last season with a serious crippling injury so it’s no wonder he’s not got many goals recently 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

He missed most of last season with a serious crippling injury so it’s no wonder he’s not got many goals recently 

Injury or no injury. 7 in 45 when he was here last, and 9 in 69 at Rotherham doesn’t sound like the sort of goal return that we need. I’ll have him as well as Davies but not instead of.

4 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

No he didnt and I cant help feeling he would have benefitted from staying in league 1 for a few more years playing regularly rather than going up and sitting on the bench in the championship.

Edited by GlossopLatic