Jack Byrne - Returning?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

I have seldom posted on this forum but read frequently.

I didn’t take a picture or recording (!) as was driving  but from my part exactly what I have said is exactly what happened. 

From my part buzzing - he has his faults but is a quality footballer who I enjoy watching. 

Imo has the talent to play at higher level hence agree if permenant this is a real coup. 

Agreed top player and would be a great signing. 

28 minutes ago, singe said:

Surely the only way we could afford this is AL subs SC or the takeover has already been completed? The former would be unusual business practice.

We have got Green & Banks off the wage bill. There is Jack Byrnes wage there

5 minutes ago, youngen said:

We have got Green & Banks off the wage bill. There is Jack Byrnes wage there

I'm not convinced. Nor that we have managed to get all of Green & Banks wage bills off through loans out. Byrne is on a Championship contract, Ollie Banks will be cheap, though I  accept Green will be on decent, but it is a League One contract.
Throw in Clarke and ll 9 players released maybe! But that leaves us short of strikers...

1 hour ago, Theoutsider said:

Yes.

White BMW 1 Series 13 plate. Carrying a pair of red boots and wearing a grey tracksuit if evidence required.

Am I permitted to put what I asked him and what he told me ?

13 plate doesn't seem right to me.

He was with City, and signed a Championship contract with Wigan. I'm not saying he is a millionaire, but I reckon he'll drive a better car than that.

you can pick on up for £9k.

49 minutes ago, singe said:

Surely the only way we could afford this is AL subs SC or the takeover has already been completed? The former would be unusual business practice.

Yes, it's unusual but he has been doing. Hence why I am hoping against hope he doesn't keep Corney after the completion

2 minutes ago, singe said:

13 plate doesn't seem right to me.

He was with City, and signed a Championship contract with Wigan. I'm not saying he is a millionaire, but I reckon he'll drive a better car than that.

you can pick on up for £9k.

He had a top of the range merc and evoque according to his Instagram

Just now, robboman said:He had a top of the range merc and evoque according to his Instagram

Look further back on his Instagram and he also has a 1-series BMW. 

I would imagine his championship contract probably extends to more than one car if he wants one. 

I can’t remember the full reg other than ML13 (I think) and whilst I appreciate scepticism in respect of Oldham, why would I go to the trouble of mentioning his car, track suit and colour of his boots! 

Guess we’ll find out later today. 

3 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

I’m a tad sceptical, there’s no way he’s still knocking about in a 4 nearly 5 year old 116i? 

Hope I’m wrong though. 

Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to piss it down the drain on a new car every year

5 minutes ago, cmr said:

Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to piss it down the drain on a new car every year

but he's insta's he has 2 new cars, of a much higher standard. By the same token, he's nt going to have 3 cards then. but he could have given it to a relative.

Anyway, it will be on lease.

Edited by singe