With no game on Saturday...

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

When I was ten I'd have been ecstatic at the opportunity to meet the players. Alan Groves, Ian Wood, David Shaw ......

Maybe if some of my schoolmates had been to such an event they'd have got the Latics bug and spent the last 45 years supporting the club. 

I think A.L. is making great  efforts to attract youngsters to the club (see the season ticket offer) that don't deserve this sort of derision.

Think you’ve taken my post the wrong way.

I too think it’s a great idea for the kids and in no way am I mocking kids for going because as far as I’m aware there’s no young kids posting on here? (Correct me if I’m wrong please).

Big Dog was suggested to people in the thread go and meet the players instead of catching a game of football (just for you Monty) to which I simply said nah you’re alright.

On 22/03/2018 at 9:45 AM, pukka said:

I am off to Eastlands to watch Argentina vs Italy - expensive for a friendly £35

I went to the game with my son , expecting to see Messi, disappointing that he was sat in the stands and not playing, feel a bit cheated by the hype

we enjoyed the game anyway, 2 good goals, some great saves, lots of short passes by Argentina, like Man City and. Barcelona  

2 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Think you’ve taken my post the wrong way.

I too think it’s a great idea for the kids and in no way am I mocking kids for going because as far as I’m aware there’s no young kids posting on here? (Correct me if I’m wrong please).

Big Dog was suggested to people in the thread go and meet the players instead of catching a game of football (just for you Monty) to which I simply said nah you’re alright.

Furry muff. Although I'm sure there are plenty on here with kids, nephews, neices, grandkids of a suitable age. They might want to take them along. 

Some adults like it too. Lee Sinnott has a gym membership he doesn't use for exercise just to meet the players. ?

1 hour ago, stevesidg said:

I went to the game with my son , expecting to see Messi, disappointing that he was sat in the stands and not playing, feel a bit cheated by the hype

we enjoyed the game anyway, 2 good goals, some great saves, lots of short passes by Argentina, like Man City and. Barcelona  

I went to a Manure v AC Milan friendly to see Ruud Gullit when he was regarded as the best player in the world. He was ordinary and went off at half time. A certain Marco Van Basten was out of this world, I think he got a hat trick. You never know what you're going to get.

3 hours ago, stevesidg said:

Agree with that. Buffon was excellent. Di Maria was very good first half and 2 decent goals as you said

Good value today at Mossley.£3 to get in,£2.20 for steak pie and peas and cheap booze which we took out in plastic glasses.Poor game what little I saw of it with chatting .Mossleys number 7 impressed.

Glad we went .

Edited by Flemboy
Spelling

29 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Super shez unbeaten and won two on the bounce!

Unbeaten. 

Decent team to be fair. Shouldn’t be were they are.   We’ll finish above them though. ?

Edited by kowenicki

Unfortunate display by Mossley who are a team on the slide to relegation.  It was hoof ball not long ball just anywhere will do away from goal. Obviously lacking in confidence and beaten by a much better display from Osset who have strengthened their squad and look like getting out of trouble.  Enjoyable for Osset, pie, chips and gravy (£3) and a pint of Dortmunder vier on the terraces - not forgetting the bus pass door to door.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Unfortunate display by Mossley who are a team on the slide to relegation.  It was hoof ball not long ball just anywhere will do away from goal. Obviously lacking in confidence and beaten by a much better display from Osset who have strengthened their squad and look like getting out of trouble.  Enjoyable for Osset, pie, chips and gravy (£3) and a pint of Dortmunder vier on the terraces - not forgetting the bus pass door to door.

Must say I was impressed especially with cost and quality of the catering compared with the same at BP.

Also met up with some Mossley fans who I have not seen for ages and will go back again if there is no clash obviously with our games.

Very friendly local club .Didn't Alan Hardy used to have something to do with running Mossley?

5 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Must say I was impressed especially with cost and quality of the catering compared with the same at BP.

Also met up with some Mossley fans who I have not seen for ages and will go back again if there is no clash obviously with our games.

Very friendly local club .Didn't Alan Hardy used to have something to do with running Mossley?

Think he was their commercial manager before taking up a similar role  with us in the mid to late 80’s 

On 21/03/2018 at 4:11 PM, L1onheartNew said:

Well I am off th Melbourne to watch the Lions thrash St.Kilda in round 1 of the 2018 AFL premiership season.

Not the thrashing I was hoping for given that we lost by 25 pts. Same shit, different season. Now where have I heard that before?