Hindsight is easy but looking at Fleetwood’s winning run anyone else think we pulled the trigger too soon.Looking at our current position who do I think is the best option it’s Shez every time for me I just don’t think Wellens has the experience or even a Plan B to get us out of this hole.

I don't think Wellens has gotten us to a better position than what Shez would have done. There would be an argument that Shez would have gotten us into a better position. 

Having said that I don't think it was the wrong decision to get rid of Shez when we did. He was scuppered by the takeover and by players he didn't sign joining the club. His 2 main downfalls were not playing Placide and playing Clarke and Gerrard together. 

Shez has gotten Fleetwood out of the mire, it's what he does. He can earn himself a nice living by being a relegation saving expert in this league. Will Fleetwood do more next season  who knows but that isn't Shez' forte. 

38 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Isn’t it just because Fleetwood have got better players than us ? I know they looked turd at BP but I think they are a better team ? 

Maybe Shez has been able to go into Fleetwood and do what he's good at - managing football teams.

Interference has been the downfall at our football club for far too long.

I reckon we have several players better than Fleetwoods but off the pitch their training facilities and tight squad will be a million miles away from what Wellens has to deal with as ringmaster of OAFC.

• Like 1

Is there ever a right time to do things and keep everybody happy? I don't think it exists, in my opinion. The opening run of the season was far from ideal and maybe it would have continued to slide, had he stayed. To say a manager has no 'Plan B' is a fairly typical response and again, to me, if 'Plan A' doesn't work then neither will the alternative and probably desperate 'Plan B'. 

Good luck to Sheridan and Fleetwood, if he saves them from relegation then the club and its fans will be well pleased. I like Wellens and while the prospect of relegation doesn't exactly fill me with joy, I will trust the club and Wellens to do what they can to avoid it.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Maybe Shez has been able to go into Fleetwood and do what he's good at - managing football teams.

Interference has been the downfall at our football club for far too long.

I reckon we have several players better than Fleetwoods but off the pitch their training facilities and tight squad will be a million miles away from what Wellens has to deal with as ringmaster of OAFC.

I agree. Hopefully the facilities for Latics will be improved upon as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Remember we lost the first five games, the reason we struggle now. Right call at the right time.

It's not 'the reason' we are struggling. We recovered significantly from that but have bombed spectacturarly since. 

He didn't wanna be here once Lemsagam appeared on the scene and started bringing a load of his mates down to the club. He was happy to be sacked, and doing things like playing Rob Hunt centre mid against Wigan certainly helped speed up that process. FWIW, I think we would be higher up in the table if Sheridan was still here than we currently are...

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He didn't wanna be here once Lemsagam appeared on the scene and started bringing a load of his mates down to the club. He was happy to be sacked, and doing things like playing Rob Hunt centre mid against Wigan certainly helped speed up that process. FWIW, I think we would be higher up in the table if Sheridan was still here than we currently are...

This for me too. He simply was not happy with players being brought in without his say so.

FWIW I don’t think we would be any higher up in the table if Sheridan was still here...

People are rewriting history blaming all kinds of factors...

5 points from 9 games under Shez. We saw an IMMEDIATE improvement after he left. We took 18 from the next 9 which forms the basis of even having a chance of staying up. 

(Couple of downvotes. Odd downvoting factual information... akin to fingers in ears la la la, can’t hear you) 

Edited by kowenicki

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

People are rewriting history blaming all kinds of factors...

5 points from 9 games under Shez. We saw an IMMEDIATE improvement after he left. We took 18 from the next 9 which forms the basis of even having a chance of staying up. 

Good point about the improvement after Sheridan left - not to be underestimated or discounted.