I'm done

Guest Stanley30

Guest Stanley30

Not bothering with this charade any more. I've watched Latics for 25 years and it gradually got worse. Fully deserved today and especially after all the smug comments about Rochdale earlier in the season. 

Just cannot watch a club with no ambition, at least the bloody rugby team give it a crack. Mossley here I come

29 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Not bothering with this charade any more. I've watched Latics for 25 years and it gradually got worse. Fully deserved today and especially after all the smug comments about Rochdale earlier in the season. 

Just cannot watch a club with no ambition, at least the bloody rugby team give it a crack. Mossley here I come

It just got interesting, Stanley. You’ve endured 21 years in League One, at least stick with it for 1 year in League Two.

You never know, we might actually win games in this league...

7 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

When I bought my season ticket, I knew that there was a real possibility that we could go down. Whatever the outcome, I am not done.

I’ve watched Latics for 52 years so perhaps I have known many more bad times than you and in a way am better prepared for our drop back to the basement. I agree that our relegation is fully deserved- we simply did not win enough games and the attitude today from a number of the team was shocking.

’smug comments about Rochdale’ this does not impact me in the slightest. They are not my views and we, along with every other club in the league, have individuals who behave in way that only sets them up for a fall.

Has the club really got no ambition? I don’t accept that either. We are a small club with many great people who work behind the scenes and follow the team. We will come again and I am prepared to give the new owner a chance to make an impact.

A decent fans bar in the North stand would be a good start.

In the immediate aftermath of yesterday’s abject showing it is understandable that emotions run high.Take a couple of months off and see how you feel then. You never know. You may change your mind. 

Edited by TheBigDog

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

When I bought my season ticket, I knew that there was a real possibility that we could go down. Whatever the outcome, I am not done.

I’ve watched Latics for 52 years so perhaps I have known many more bad times than you and in a way am better prepared for our drop back to the basement. I agree that our relegation is fully deserved- we simply did not win enough games and the attitude today from a number of the team was shocking.

’smug comments about Rochdale’ this does not impact me in the slightest. They are not my views and we, along with every other club in the league, have individuals who behave in way that only sets them up for a fall.

Has the club really got no ambition? I don’t accept that either. We are a small club with many great people who work behind the scenes and follow the team. We will come again and I am prepared to give the new owner a chance to make an impact.

A decent fans bar in the North stand would be a good start.

In the immediate aftermath of yesterday’s abject showing it is understandable that emotions run high.Take a couple of months off and see how you feel then. You never know. You may change your mind. 

Well said! 

Im done with league 1!!

lets hope we can regroup and come back stronger whoever the manager is and the starting 11 come August 

2 hours ago, pinevillawill said:

Things are still very raw, but I wonder what impact this will have on our home crowd. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a few more sub 3,000 gates.

We’ll be lucky to have any 3000 gates next season. Not even saying it as doom-mongering. We just won’t.

Am I the only one who wasn't too bothered when the inevitable happened yesterday?  

Admittedly I was disappointed at the final whistle but after some reflecting I cannot wait for August and we start again.  21 years in the same league, same opposition and continual struggle had become boring.

Different league, different opposition and hopefully the opportunity that most of our players this season will engineer their own leaving allowing us chance to rebuild.  We're not guaranteed success but arguable they'll be a drop in standard of the opposition so I'd rather have a few seasons in the top half of a table rather than bottom.

Apart from an unfounded comment in a paper, I very much doubt Corney will come back.  Why suffer the grief without the finances to succeed.

Let's see what Lemsagam brings this summer before writing us off eh?  It's been confirmed by a number of sources we did make serious large offers for decent players in January so we have some money and I seriously doubt Lemsagam will cut investment simply because we were relegated and our gate may drop slightly.  If our budget relied solely on gate income then our budget in previous seasons would have been far less than we experienced.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

We’ll be lucky to have any 3000 gates next season. Not even saying it as doom-mongering. We just won’t.

Out of the 23 home games, I reckon we'll get at least one third of those above 3,000.

Just now, NewBlue said:

If you include away fans we will but home fans we’ll badly struggle

Whats the relevance of that comment?  

You said 3000 'gates' - that includes home and away support?!

On topic of home support - will it be that affected?  Will it heck.  Those who bought STs last season and seasons previously are the diehard core.  Apart from a very small number of 'dummy spitters', they'll still resubscribe.  

Anyone got data data on the ST sales for last 10 seasons plus demographic of ages 0-30, 30-55 and 55+?  I would argue that not only do we have a hardcore fanbase but one where the younger demographic is static or growing.

Relegation will not affect gate or ST sales 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If we are top of the league crowds will increase IMO.

Of course they will, hit the ground running next season with a few of the kids playing we will soon get a feel good factor going, we just need a steady keeper and work from there.

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Of course they will, hit the ground running next season with a few of the kids playing we will soon get a feel good factor going, we just need a steady keeper and work from there.

Would you have Joel Coleman back on loan?

Edited by BP1960

I was absolutely gutted yesterday, but as many of us have said, it’s been inevitable. (The club’s ran terribly, player recruitment, #frenchlads etc. etc.)

However I cant be doing with moping about like a fanny, so I’m just looking forward to 1000 Latics in Morecambe, Macclesfield and hopefully Biiiirkinhead next season.

Its all still raw, we will all have a better outlook in pre-season and hope to god we get back up. Ive only ever seen us in league one and will support them no matter what league. Who cares what team,manager,ground and even pies we have!? Its all remembering to stay together as fans, however bad times these are.

15 minutes ago, oafc0000 said:

Of course it will.....

Not to the level you're suggesting.

Look at the teams in L2 - a fairly large number were teams we played in L1 a few seasons back or even last season.  Has their home gate or away following dwindled?

Lets agree to disagree but review this in 12 months.  Our average gate over the season will be near to 3000 if not over it.

15 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Not to the level you're suggesting.

Look at the teams in L2 - a fairly large number were teams we played in L1 a few seasons back or even last season.  Has their home gate or away following dwindled?

Lets agree to disagree but review this in 12 months.  Our average gate over the season will be near to 3000 if not over it.

Without checking, I think Stockport are still getting gates similar to when they were in the football league. We are already pretty much down to the hard core. If we can get in the top third playing decent football, I would expect home fans to increase. Away followings will be well down though. A combination of geography and the relative size of the club's. I expect Forest Green Vegetarians to bring fewer than Dogdale.

Edit: hard core minus two

Edited by Magic Mikey
Forgot Stanley and Gary