18/19 Kit Launch

5 minutes ago, peanuts said:

how about we do our own surely there are enough seamstress cutters etc local to the boro that we could design source and make our own then ALL the profit goes to us we are a small league 2 club we dont need a vast distribution network all over the country just a descent club shop and  a good mail order dept wonder if local  work wear manufacturers  would be interested 

Don't Gillingham produce their own shirts?

7 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Don't Gillingham produce their own shirts?

so it can be done ? potential to sell unique  small run kits to local ameture clubs aswell when workload is slack income stream for the club maybe something for the trust to look at suggest we have a year to put it in place 

14 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Latics home and away strips available to buy in-store from the club shop and online from today. Anyone bought one yet? 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/july/06072018-201819-kits-on-sale-tomorrow/

Yup .. bought both online for £28 each and a £5 postage!  I don't mind waiting a few days (I'm on shift anyways) than spending £80 

On 01/07/2018 at 5:24 PM, peanuts said:

how about we do our own surely there are enough seamstress cutters etc local to the boro that we could design source and make our own then ALL the profit goes to us we are a small league 2 club we dont need a vast distribution network all over the country just a descent club shop and  a good mail order dept wonder if local  work wear manufacturers  would be interested 

Not a bad shout...Oldham college have a sewing academy with industrial sewing machines to boot. ..

28 minutes ago, underdog said:

Not a bad shout...Oldham college have a sewing academy with industrial sewing machines to boot. ..

I'd rather have the quality of a 5 year old Chinese kid in a sweatshop than some lazy shit doing an A-level in sewing making my kit

With the money I saved on the two shirts I bought my daughter the away shirt. Bought a few swim shorts and a couple of t shirts and s few other items...

club shop would have been £119.97

still only £126 including next day delivery for the lot above...

Edited by oafcprozac

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd rather have the quality of a 5 year old Chinese kid in a sweatshop than some lazy shit doing an A-level in sewing making my kit

How negative with regards to supporting the local economy.

we don't do A'levels  at he Oldham college. It's a course for those that want to go into industrial sewing machining and many go on into the world of work. 

And I wouldn't want those conditions you've just described and I tend to check where I get my goods and food from before I commit to supporting that type of environment thanks

Edited by underdog

23 minutes ago, underdog said:

How negative with regards to supporting the local economy.

we don't do A'levels  at he Oldham college. It's a course for those that want to go into industrial sewing machining and many go on into the world of work. 

And I wouldn't want those conditions you've just described and I tend to check where I get my goods and food from before I commit to supporting that type of environment thanks

Imagine people taking my comment seriously...

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Imagine people taking my comment seriously...

Fancy not put anything on it to suggest it wasn't, it could be taken either way and I obviously took it the opposite way you meant.

Fair enough now I know

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

Fancy not put anything on it to suggest it wasn't, it could be taken either way and I obviously took it the opposite way you meant.

Fair enough now I know

I thought the comment itself of wanting a 5 year old in a sweatshop to make my kit would be the first indicator

On 7/2/2018 at 2:24 AM, peanuts said:

We are a small league 2 club we dont need a vast distribution network all over the country just a descent club shop 

I think the club shop has been in descent for years...

I'll get me coat.

15 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I will get my mum to knock you one up on the singer. She has been out of action since the mid seventies when she made the whole family safari suits but hey ho. Give her a glass of milk and a subscription to "crocheting for something to do" weekly and she will be good to go.

Edit and warning: it may cause severe itchiness

Edited by L1onheartNew

13 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I will get my mum to knock you one up on the singer. She has been out of action since the mid seventies when she made the whole family safari suits but hey ho. Give her a glass of milk and a subscription to "crocheting for something to do" weekly and she will be good to go.

As long as the sponsor doesn't peel off I'm in

32 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Is she in Australia with you? Might cost a bit more for the air freight....I'd chuck in a packet of rich tea just to cover yourself..ha

Edited by underdog

How much are they in the club shop?

Are they the same price as online?

I bought 3 home tops online yesterday, can wait for the standard delivery

Not sure on the away one as I recon it will turn grey quite quickly in our house

Only place the shirt can be bought is online or in the club shop, so as for sizing would those who've already bought say that Sondico are a small/standard/large fit, I'm normally XL but don't want to order one if it's going to look sprayed on.

3 hours ago, underdog said:

Is she in Australia with you? Might cost a bit more for the air freight....I'd chuck in a packet of rich tea just to cover yourself..ha

Naa i am the only one here. The olds have been over a couple of times though. On her second visit she knitted Tracey my wife a xmas jumper in an afternoon. Trace only wore it for 10 mins when we went over to the UK. Gave her a rash. 

• 2 weeks later...