18/19 Kit Launch

52 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

"Hmmm" is about all I can muster for the home kit. They'd might as well as have just kept last season's with the sponsor's name changed. Definitely wouldn't want one. The away kit is excellent, though.

Same here.

Rather bland ...

Our most understate kit launch in many a year. The star spangled ones seem a lifetime ago

Oldham Athletic can now reveal our home and away kits for the new 2018/19 Sky Bet League Two campaign.

The kits have been designed by Eden Creative and manufactured by Sondico.

Details regarding when they go on sale will be released in due course.

That's it!

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/june/29062018-kit-reveal/

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed, no club identity there.

You say this every year. Why don't you send your suggestions to the club?

They're not generic. Nobody else is wearing them. They're same design pretty much as our kit from the 80s

Edited by mcfluff1985

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Don't see how there can ever be a club identity until we pick one design and stick with it for about 50 years.  That's how it's worked with other clubs who have recognisable kits.

Which we did until some silly sod decided to change it all and we never went back to our traditional design.

Edited by Bristolatic

Just now, Bristolatic said:

Which we did until some silly sod decided to change it all and we never went back to our traditional design.

Just looking back at kits over the years, and the one you have in your bio seems to dominate from 1920 til Ken Bates if I have that right?

But even then we flirted with some others.  I actually like that one, even though I don't identify it as I started watching late 80s.  But because that's so long ago, it would need a consistent kit for years to get any identity back that's more specific than 'Oldham play in blue and white'.

I don't think a consistent kit is mandatory for club identity.

Clubs change owners, managers, players, kits, grounds, divisions, badges, even occasionally names.  For me the name is the most important, then maybe ground and badge.  But I don't feel a particular allegiance to any kit - maybe at a push I prefer a blue home and red away shirt, but even that's a hangover from the colours we played in when I started supporting the club.  If it had been twenty years earlier those colours may have meant nothing for me.

At a more practical level I think the number of clubs that stick rigidly to the same design are few and far between (I'm sure there are some, but I'd bet not most), if only because it gives them a chance to sell merchandising. A consistent kit makes it harder to flog to the customers, sorry, fans.

43 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You say this every year. Why don't you send your suggestions to the club?

They're not generic. Nobody else is wearing them. They're same design pretty much as our kit from the 80s

That's my opiinion, I'll keep repeating it despite what you say.