5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Not entirely sure what the Trust are there for now? They seem unwilling to communicate with fans with the most minor of details. Of course, we should not be privy to confidential info but for example the Jose Baxter situ where they still haven’t announced it makes it almost comical. 

Brooke gets to wear a suit and gets a free meal every game and is now seemingly employed by the club so there evidently seems to be a conflict of interest.

If the trust don’t want to communicate anything to the fans and want to stay as this weird secretive group then I whole heartedly object to the groups existence and it should be folded as it does not seem to serve the point it originally intended to do so. 

The club made an announcement about Jose. They will no doubt make an announcement about Simon in due course as well. What do you want fromthe Trust? A statement that nothing has changed re: Jose? A statement that someone is considering a job offer? 

I ask again - what do you want?

10 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Not entirely sure what the Trust are there for now? They seem unwilling to communicate with fans with the most minor of details. Of course, we should not be privy to confidential info but for example the Jose Baxter situ where they still haven’t announced it makes it almost comical. 

Brooke gets to wear a suit and gets a free meal every game and is now seemingly employed by the club so there evidently seems to be a conflict of interest.

If the trust don’t want to communicate anything to the fans and want to stay as this weird secretive group then I whole heartedly object to the groups existence and it should be folded as it does not seem to serve the point it originally intended to do so. 

Jose Baxter hasn't "officially" signed yet. 

17 minutes ago, leeslover said:

The club made an announcement about Jose. They will no doubt make an announcement about Simon in due course as well. What do you want fromthe Trust? A statement that nothing has changed re: Jose? A statement that someone is considering a job offer? 

I ask again - what do you want?

I want the trust to be able to answer simple questions when asked. That’s it. 

If that breaches any confidential information. Then of course don’t answer. But there lots of examples where I feel the trust could share more of what they factually know. If people at the trust truly feel they can’t share basic non confidential information then to me it’s shouldn’t be called a trust. It is should just be a fund raising group, which I’m all for. 

Last point. 

Because the club is so quiet, the trust are ONLY people who have any idea about basic information. So who else can the average fan ask? 

Edited by League one forever

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If that breaches any confidential information. Then of course don’t answer. But there lots of examples where I feel the trust could share more of what they factually know. If people at the trust truly feel they can’t share basic non confidential information then to me it’s shouldn’t be called a trust. It is should just be a fund raising group, which I’m all for. 

Last point. 

Because the club is so quiet, the trust are ONLY people who have any idea about basic information. So who else can the average ask? 

Do you want us to regularly release club information that the club haven't released? I am waiting to receive a clear example.

Incidentally we didn't keep it secret that we met Abdallah. We said we expected to as part of the takeover process we detailed and we reported on it several times on here.

Just now, leeslover said:

Do you want us to regularly release club information that the club haven't released? I am waiting to receive a clear example.

Incidentally we didn't keep it secret that we met Abdallah. We said we expected to as part of the takeover process we detailed and we reported on it several times on here.

Only when it was forced out of you.

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Only when it was forced out of you.

Where?

Think I said more or less that we had met him and there is no reason why we would keep it a secret..its not like we were discussing espionage.

Edited by underdog

16 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Last point. 

Because the club is so quiet, the trust are ONLY people who have any idea about basic information. So who else can the average fan ask? 

Again, I think you are confused over what the trust is and does.

We are here to ensure we have a cub. That OAFC exists, not to answer who is employed, not employed.

We are going around in circles.

Trust AGM is in July, date to be announced, come and join us and meet the people, see if you want to help make it better

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

If this is still about Simon Brooke, then I'm afraid that it's quite right that the Trust should be aware of a future potential conflict of interest, and quite right that we don't discuss it in public until such time as it's a fact and all parties are ready to go public. I'm sorry if it comes across as patronising but perhaps it's a good thing that we can keep our mouths shut when it comes to an individual's private circumstances

To add to what LL has said, there is also due process we have to follow as we are a limited company

11 minutes ago, leeslover said:

No. But when asked something like is Barry back at the club and in what capacity? Or is Moisley still at the club?  Or has Simon B role changed? I think it’s reasonable to say what you know, you may know nothing. Fair enough. You may know something but which is confidential. Again fair enough. But there seems to be a blanket put over a lot information, that I don’t think is always necessary. 

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

Again, I think you are confiused over what the trust is and does.

We are here to ensure we have a cub. that OAFC exists, not to answer who is employed, not employed.

We are going around in circles.

Trust AGM is in July, date to be announced, come and join us then

Maybe I am confused. 

I’ll say it again, I think what a lot of the trust does is excellent. 

But it would seem by what your saying that we have no channel to ask anything of the club. Because bluntly it’s non of our business. That may be the case, but I think a lot fans are put off/losing interest by being told nothing. While the shitshow continues. 

I, like you and the rest of the fans deserve to at least be galvanised, rallied and made to feel we are getting our house in order. (Even if things are difficult behind the scenes) 

19 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Do we know yet whether Simon Brooke is employed by the club hence has a conflict of interest? Sorry if i missed this.

We've advised that there will be a statement in due course. There isn't and was never going to be a conflict of interest. Sorry if that's not quite a full answer but as said above we aren't here to make club announcements for them.

54 minutes ago, leeslover said:

We've advised that there will be a statement in due course. There isn't and was never going to be a conflict of interest. Sorry if that's not quite a full answer but as said above we aren't here to make club announcements for them.

This is the thing for me. The Trust is not there to answer fans’ questions that are really aimed at the club. If you want to know if someone is working at the club, ask the person or the club. 

They are there to ask questions of the club, and make sure nothing shady is going on - and act on it if there is, which might not include communicating that with the fans (for all the reasons mentioned, such as confidentiality, maintaining relationships with the club, following proper processes, and not creating more knee-jerkism than we already have amongst the fans, etc).

I also think they should be doing more in the way of war chest building in case the shit hits the fan. 

2 hours ago, underdog said:

We are here to ensure we have a cub. That OAFC exists, not to answer who is employed, not employed.

On what planet do you ensure this? If our new supreme leader says he is off, ceases paying the bills with the club having little or no assets please inform me how you will ensure the club exists? There is little or nothing that could be done. No assets to secure funding to. It's laughable to suggest the trust carries such importance. The trust exists because we all gave a load of money when the shit hit the fan and for that money we have seen Barry and no someone other 'fan' sat at home games having a jolly and little else.

The more I read the more I see it as a little club for a few super fans to get a bit of info and a pat on the back. If the trust rep on the board is or becomes an employee of the club it is a disgrace. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clifford said:

On what planet do you ensure this? If our new supreme leader says he is off, ceases paying the bills with the club having little or no assets please inform me how you will ensure the club exists? There is little or nothing that could be done. No assets to secure funding to. It's laughable to suggest the trust carries such importance. The trust exists because we all gave a load of money when the shit hit the fan and for that money we have seen Barry and no someone other 'fan' sat at home games having a jolly and little else.

The more I read the more I see it as a little club for a few super fans to get a bit of info and a pat on the back. If the trust rep on the board is or becomes an employee of the club it is a disgrace. 

How is it a club for super fans?!?! They have literally told you to come on board, help, share ideas etc - it’s not exclusive ffs. 

Carry on as you are trust, let us know if Brooke does take the job, then we can look to put someone else in his position. 

Edited by MAC0AFC