Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why anyone would be gutted that a player who effectively jacked in last season is leaving is beyond me, good riddance I say and any other player of similar ilk whose happy to grab the dream move to the likes of Mansfield can fill their boots as well. :chubb:

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Funny he has gone to Mansfield a shit club with a shit ground. Thought he spat his dummy out because he wanted to play for Coventry near his home. Come on Mansfield is not like a Division 1 club. I wonder how long it will take before he spits his dummy out again when another club comes sniffing around his agent that is closer to his home????

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Would be happy to see us go for a L2 hit man like Akinde...

Don’t think its confirmed but strong rumours he’s signing for Lincoln.

2 hours ago, Smiler13 said:

Funny he has gone to Mansfield a shit club with a shit ground. Thought he spat his dummy out because he wanted to play for Coventry near his home. Come on Mansfield is not like a Division 1 club. I wonder how long it will take before he spits his dummy out again when another club comes sniffing around his agent that is closer to his home????

I bet Mansfield fans are splitting their sides laughing at this comment.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Why anyone would be gutted that a player who effectively jacked in last season is leaving is beyond me, good riddance I say and any other player of similar ilk whose happy to grab the dream move to the likes of Mansfield can fill their boots as well. :chubb:

He scored 14 goals in League one, he could well end up scoring double that in league 2. 

I think he was struggling with an injury, playing for a manager who lets face it isn’t half as good as he thinks he his, playing with someone else who wasn’t fully fit. Plus there was a deal on the table that we turned down that wouldn’t have been a bad one for both parties given our financial troubles, and the proximity to his home. 

Lots of people sulk after they are refused a new opportunity, I know I did. 

I’m not gutted he’s left but I can see why it might not be the best thing for us.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

I bet Mansfield fans are splitting their sides laughing at this comment.

They might be crying as well before Christmas if he keeps his average of getting off side every game and doesnt put a shift in for his team mates. 

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

Can understand us wanting to get rid of Davies if a decent fee is involved and if he wants out, but he is the type of player that we'll need at this level, so I hope that Bunn (or AL) has a similar replacement lined up.

He went toe to toe with Abdallah, was only going to be one winner.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

He scored 14 goals in League one, he could well end up scoring double that in league 2. 

I think he was struggling with an injury, playing for a manager who lets face it isn’t half as good as he thinks he his, playing with someone else who wasn’t fully fit. Plus there was a deal on the table that we turned down that wouldn’t have been a bad one for both parties given our financial troubles, and the proximity to his home. 

Lots of people sulk after they are refused a new opportunity, I know I did. 

I’m not gutted he’s left but I can see why it might not be the best thing for us.

Agree with most of that except the notion of League One and League Two standards. I honestly don’t think there’s much difference between bottom half of League One and most teams in League Two. A much of muchness of shit players. He’ll do alright in League Two if he stays fit and has a few capable players servicing him. A shame we couldn’t be the team he did alright with. 

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Agree with most of that except the notion of League One and League Two standards. I honestly don’t think there’s much difference between bottom half of League One and most teams in League Two. A much of muchness of shit players. He’ll do alright in League Two if he stays fit and has a few capable players servicing him. A shame we couldn’t be the team he did alright with. 

Spot on. 

None of the 4 promoted League 2 sides flirted with relegation last year. 3 of them finished top-half and Doncaster were comfortably mid-table with a neutral goal difference.

Only 1 of the 4 relegated League 1 sides finished in that top 7 - Coventry. Their budget would've been massive in that league. 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I thought I’d check out the stats for last season.

Against Top Half Of League one (or better) He Played 23, scoring 6 (including cups)

Against Bottom Half of League one or worse he played 21 scoring 8 (including cups, and including playing Leicester u23s where he scored 2). 

Not a flat track bully, but then again he is definitely someone who goes through spurts, as he played 18 league games in 2018, scoring 2 goals. If he gets on a run of form I can see him scoring 25/30 goals next season.

Overall I agree as I don’t think on a single game there is much of a difference between the bottom of League one and most of League 2, however, I think over the course of a season defenders in league 2 are much more prone to mistakes which are capitalised on. 

Getting a fee for a 32 year old striker who quite clearly wants to leave isn’t a bad bit of business on paper, but football isn’t played on paper.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived