Transfer Rumours

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

How would Dan Gardner know about Abdallah potentially owing a someone a lot of money...?

Oh come on latics22, Lee Sinnott is always right therefore the mole must be Barry..............:peepwall:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Don't think anyone thinks he is in Tarkowski's league do they? 

Give him time and it looks like we'll be receiving more for him than we did for Tarks

It's a funny old game!

55 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Give him time and it looks like we'll be receiving more for him than we did for Tarks

It's a funny old game!

We've already turn down more according to people who will know. 

That's Corney economics. Not forgetting who else was on the board at the same time. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

We've already turn down more according to people who will know...

According to Brentford’s local press we sold him for £500k. I’m led to believe we had a 20% sell on, that we sold - I’m led to believe for £150k - before he went for £6m.

12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

According to Brentford’s local press we sold him for £500k. I’m led to believe we had a 20% sell on, that we sold - I’m led to believe for £150k - before he went for £6m.

Does led to believe mean someone has said it on OWTB so I’m gonna pick that as the figure ? Where has this 150k come from and how long till it’s an actual fact ? 

20 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Does led to believe mean someone has said it on OWTB so I’m gonna pick that as the figure ?....

...no, someone away from this madhouse who has told me sh1t before that subsequently turned out to be accurate.

49 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

It will be a breath of fresh air to see the transfer money from Edmundson reinvested into the team exciting times, has the season ticket offer ended yet?

Who said it was being invested? Might want to pay off some big bills first..

Profits from player sales going towards paying off debts/running the club for a bit longer is standard fare for clubs like us.

If only AL was upfront about the fact the debts are to pay off he might not get as much flack as he does.

1 minute ago, LaticsLegend said:

Profits from player sales going towards paying off debts/running the club for a bit longer is standard fare for clubs like us.

If only AL was upfront about the fact the debts are to pay off he might not get as much flack as he does.

Scholes might of left a little tip on the way out

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, rudemedic said:

We've already turn down more according to people who will know. 

That's Corney economics. Not forgetting who else was on the board at the same time. 

What were "Corney economics" in this context?

21 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Selling on the cheap. Because he needed the money. 

Let me start this by saying I still think Simon Corney is a twat.

But, we turned down substantial bids for Chris Taylor, Chris Porter, Lee Hughes, Carl Winchester, Dave Mellor, an ageing Peter Clarke. We managed to get 500k for Neal Trotman. We got Rotherham to pay 350k for JCH. We got good fees for youth team players Spencer, Renshaw and Philliskirk. We got 300k for Tom Eaves. Admittedly it was a tribunal, but we got nearly 100k for Deane Smalley. We even got six figures for Chris O'Grady when he was absolutely shite for us.

So I'm not sure I agree with you on this...

Eardley got sold for nowhere near what he was worth I agree, but that is because he let his contract run down and couldn't wait to leave, he was getting dogs abuse week in week out for his own fans who for some reason thought Lomax was better. 

29 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Lee Johnson

Dale Stephens

Neal Eardley

Dean Furman

Joel Coleman

Korey Smith

We probably should have got more money for Coleman, Smith and Stephens (although it would have taken some foresight to predict how his career has turned out..).

But the fact is, as Lee Sinnott says above, there is very little evidence to suggest that Corney tried to constantly sell on the cheap.

Some people seem to be impressed by what AL is doing with regards to George Edmundson because they have the view that it's the opposite to what Corney would have done when, in reality, that isn't the case..

We probably lost out to the tune of £1.5 million by turning down bids for Taylor and Porter.  £650k with add-on for Edmundson sounds like a reasonable deal to me. If he ends up walking away for nothing because we hold out for too much, that is really bad business.

4 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

Plus Corney had the chance to cash in on Micah Richards transfer clause but turned down the offer made.

Corney did sell that clause but kept it quiet because Blitz baggsied any Richards money as part of the deal leaving Corney with the club.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Let me start this by saying I still think Simon Corney is a twat.

But, we turned down substantial bids for Chris Taylor, Chris Porter, Lee Hughes, Carl Winchester, Dave Mellor, an ageing Peter Clarke. We managed to get 500k for Neal Trotman. We got Rotherham to pay 350k for JCH. We got good fees for youth team players Spencer, Renshaw and Philliskirk. We got 300k for Tom Eaves. Admittedly it was a tribunal, but we got nearly 100k for Deane Smalley. We even got six figures for Chris O'Grady when he was absolutely shite for us.

So I'm not sure I agree with you on this...

How many of those were when it was Corney, Blitz and Gazal running the club?

When it was just Corney we sold a lot of players on the cheap. If I meant the times when Brassbank were running the club I'd have used the phrase 'Brassbank economics'. 

PS I wouldn't say £30k was substantial. 

Archived