Transfer Rumours

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

For god sake, hopefully the new manager doesn’t like him. 

Fucking donkey isn’t he, one of the worst full-backs I’ve ever seen at Latics...

Buzzing about Nep though, done very well to keep him.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I will be abit worried if Sylla is a starter next season.

Must admit from what I saw of him in the Mansfield and Exeter games I think he's come on a bit since he first signed and could be a useful player for us next season.

Happy with Nepo re-signing and while Iacovitti could go either way I thought he looked OK at left back when I saw he play.  He's still young too so room to improve.  That said, if offering him a 2 year deal when we did played a part in Scholes leaving then I'm not convinced he's worth it.

51 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Must admit from what I saw of him in the Mansfield and Exeter games I think he's come on a bit since he first signed and could be a useful player for us next season.

Happy with Nepo re-signing and while Iacovitti could go either way I thought he looked OK at left back when I saw he play.  He's still young too so room to improve.  That said, if offering him a 2 year deal when we did played a part in Scholes leaving then I'm not convinced he's worth it.

If the aim is to get out of this division we need players who are better than OK and useful in the starting 11. From what I saw of Sylla and Lacovitti they only both come into this bracket.

13 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Agreed, but with misslou and Sylla I don’t think we need another holding midfielder, depends on formation AL wants to play 

This train of thought ffs! Just because we have players doesnt mean you cant replace them with better players.

13 hours ago, leeslover said:

Sadly in hock to the Close Brothers (corporate version of Wonga). They won't buy him, it's talk for season ticket sales 

I don't think talk of George extending his contract would affect our season ticket sales, so much less Rangers!!!!

1 hour ago, youngen said:

This train of thought ffs! Just because we have players doesnt mean you cant replace them with better players.

Yeah your right, let’s get another holding midfielder in whilst we don’t have a Keeper, potentially both our starting CBs, and one striker on the books who is well passed it.

yeah let’s do that.

never said I wouldn’t want to replace them, I have been extremely critical of Sylla. I just don’t think we will. Plus, Lyden is consistently injured. 

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah your right, let’s get another holding midfielder in whilst we don’t have a Keeper, potentially both our starting CBs, and one striker on the books who is well passed it.

yeah let’s do that.

never said I wouldn’t want to replace them, I have been extremely critical of Sylla. I just don’t think we will. Plus, Lyden is consistently injured. 

You know we can get all of those players aswell?

10 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He looked OK so assuming he "settles in" and kicks on a bit he could be pretty good... 

5 minutes ago, Clifford said:

We've settled for mid table Division 4 haven't we?

From what I have seen of Sylla, he looks a decent player at this level. As for ‘settling in and kicking on’, there are a few who fit this description. Maouche, Branger, Nepomuceno, Missilou all have good technical skills and should be totally at ease with League 2 style of play next season. Now it’s all about application - and that’s where the new head coach comes in. If he has the tactical nous and man motivational skills then they could definitely ‘kick on’. 

Then we just need to replace the decent players who have left the club and then who knows...

Going back to Iacovitti, funny how we see things differently. I only saw him twice, once on t' telly box against Mansfield at LB where I thought he looked a decent player, then at Newport when he got ripped apart at LB but had a steady, solid game at CB. I have a feeling he'll be at CB now Clarke has gone, but AL/ML will probably want Sefil to play there. :sign0068:

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Going back to Iacovitti, funny how we see things differently. I only saw him twice, once on t' telly box against Mansfield at LB where I thought he looked a decent player, then at Newport when he got ripped apart at LB but had a steady, solid game at CB. I have a feeling he'll be at CB now Clarke has gone, but AL/ML will probably want Sefil to play there. :sign0068:

He’s never a left-back. I will be worried if he’s first choice next season...

Archived