Checkatrade .... boycott or not?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, rvlatic said:

I would go to this if it wasn't a 7.00 kick off- can't get there in time - it's as if they don't actually want anybody to go🤔

Agree.Why not 745 to give fans more time to get there.Not got much  feel good factor about going but most probably will..Will give the wife a chance to watch The Apprentice without me hurling abuse at those back stabbing prats.

46 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Agree.Why not 745 to give fans more time to get there.Not got much  feel good factor about going but most probably will..Will give the wife a chance to watch The Apprentice without me hurling abuse at those back stabbing prats.

Just had an idea....

The Apprentice starring Abdallah Lemsagam - You're fired 👉

4 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

No love lost between those two teams. Must be over a decade since they last faced each other in a competitive game. (If you can call this trophy a competitive game).

Getting on for 17 years. Taking that many to watch your U21s is mental. 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Mental about sums them up.

Indeed. I still remember the aggro in ‘94 in and around the Victoria Ground when we played them in the cup. In fact, it’s the only football match I’ve been to where I’ve come out with more money than I had when I went in. 

20 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Indeed. I still remember the aggro in ‘94 in and around the Victoria Ground when we played them in the cup. In fact, it’s the only football match I’ve been to where I’ve come out with more money than I had when I went in. 

Stoke away, Victoria ground, FA Cup 4th round reply, 1994..... we were 1-0 up, Beckford [ex Port Vale - they were giving him loads].... they'd battered us for a long period. Toddy Orlygsson, playing for them, had hit the crossbar and someone else the post. It was like the Alamo at the back. We were stood on a terrace behind the goal with their fans on the top tier seats [family stand? - see below] throwing coins and spitting at us.... they all began singing "Going down"..... I started [to my pleasure at the time] singing "We are Premier League" back to our Div1/Championship hosts, which every Latics fan in the ground joined in with. They began filing out of the ground shortly after.... Lovely experience.

victoria-ground-stoke-city-sentinel-stand2.jpg

8 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Stoke away, Victoria ground, FA Cup 4th round reply, 1994..... we were 1-0 up, Beckford [ex Port Vale - they were giving him loads].... they'd battered us for a long period. Toddy Orlygsson, playing for them, had hit the crossbar and someone else the post. It was like the Alamo at the back. We were stood on a terrace behind the goal with their fans on the top tier seats [family stand? - see below] throwing coins and spitting at us.... they all began singing "Going down"..... I started [to my pleasure at the time] singing "We are Premier League" back to our Div1/Championship hosts, which every Latics fan in the ground joined in with. They began filing out of the ground shortly after.... Lovely experience.

Yep remember it well. It was bedlam.

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Remember watching that live on the telly... Happy days.

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Could have done with a Tranmere-esque police arrangement that night. Was absolutely mental. I got away with a bit of spittle and a 20p coin on my head! Twats

15 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Remember watching that live on the telly... Happy days.

I think your remembering  the league match a year later.

Similar as they battered us for 91 minutes until Muggleston sliced a clearance (TWICE) straight to Super Sean who rolled the winner into a empty net.

7 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I think your remembering  the league match a year later.

Similar as they battered us for 91 minutes until Muggleston sliced a clearance (TWICE) straight to Super Sean who rolled the winner into a empty net.

I am. Should've read it better. 

5 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

I remember them all waiting for us on that petrol station outside the ground, it was total carnage. I’ve only seen worse when leaving Maine Road that time we beat City 2-1. It seemed like every Latics fan I saw after the game was covered in blood😳

I ended up in Manchester Royal infirmary after that City match if you mean 99? Got jumped on the way out of the Platt Lane end, had a size 9 Adidas in the side of my head for two weeks after. Twats! Hate that club. 

13 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

With Dale being off is that good news for the league game at weekend? With recent form we should be going to Crewe looking to win and gives us a bit of rest going into a busy part of the season, maybe

Defo. I was fully expecting him to pick Clarke and Surridge tonite.

Archived