Danny G

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

But if he was willing to pay £11k for someone to play in L1, it's not inconceivable that he thought £4k was 'good' value.

Would have to assume he wasn't looking at our wage bill or looking at the wages of other potential targets if he came to that conclusion.  Would be shocking judgement and a mistake that surely even the most novice of football club owner wouldn't make?  But if he did, then wow - doesn't bode well for the future at all!!

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Would have to assume he wasn't looking at our wage bill or looking at the wages of other potential targets if he came to that conclusion.  Would be shocking judgement and a mistake that surely even the most novice of football club owner wouldn't make?  But if he did, then wow - doesn't bode well for the future at all!!

Indeed....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Where would you say we are showing improvements at the moment please?

I would say I enjoy our midfield pressing with pass and move. Our problem is we are short of a good mobile CF. Lang is good and does his best bit I think he is better wide right. Baxter seems to be a different player under PS but if I'm honest I do like the Branger/Nepo partnership on the left which is not to everyone's taste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikejh45 said:

I would say I enjoy our midfield pressing with pass and move. Our problem is we are short of a good mobile CF. Lang is good and does his best bit I think he is better wide right. Baxter seems to be a different player under PS but if I'm honest I do like the Branger/Nepo partnership on the left which is not to everyone's taste.

Any chance of borrowing the rose tinted specs you seem to wear watch our games?

47 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Any chance of borrowing the rose tinted specs you seem to wear watch our games?

What have I posted that is rose tinted? Let's have your take on where we are so I can put a sarcastic comment up or I can just put a reasoned argument.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

What have I posted that is rose tinted? Let's have your take on where we are so I can put a sarcastic comment up or I can just put a reasoned argument.

Well you posted earlier in the thread you thought we were improving-I don't see that at all-in fact I would say we have been getting worse since the FA Cup defeat. The football we have been playing is no better than average in Lge 2-the old Div 4 to put it in perspective.

There isn't really a player in the team I would pay money for at the moment-maybe a fit Baxter and Lang but he isn't our player anyway which sort of sums up the state of the club for me at the moment. The PS effect that many talked about on here doesn't seem to have had happened-not overly surprised by this TBH as I have said previously other than his profile don't really see what he brings to the club in terms of management. I really hope he manages to clear the decks and bring in a new squad next season, if nothing else address some of the glaring errors like no decent left back that has plagued us for a few seasons now-at least it would be something to look forward too rather than having to go and watch most the players we have at the moment.

I hope you see why I asked you about the specs now?

Can't wait for this season to be over TBH.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Well you posted earlier in the thread you thought we were improving-I don't see that at all-in fact I would say we have been getting worse since the FA Cup defeat. The football we have been playing is no better than average in Lge 2-the old Div 4 to put it in perspective.

There isn't really a player in the team I would pay money for at the moment-maybe a fit Baxter and Lang but he isn't our player anyway which sort of sums up the state of the club for me at the moment. The PS effect that many talked about on here doesn't seem to have had happened-not overly surprised by this TBH as I have said previously other than his profile don't really see what he brings to the club in terms of management. I really hope he manages to clear the decks and bring in a new squad next season, if nothing else address some of the glaring errors like no decent left back that has plagued us for a few seasons now-at least it would be something to look forward too rather than having to go and watch most the players we have at the moment.

I hope you see why I asked you about the specs now?

Can't wait for this season to be over TBH.

Scholes profile is precisely why we may be able to improve on some of the poor signings of recent seasons.

I would like to think he already has a plan and a list of players he is looking to bring in.

There is a lot of work to do in my opinion because I don't have any faith in a large portion of this squad, not so much from an individual skill basis but a collective intelligence, as in when to shut up shop, exposing teams weaknesses, when to hit on the break etc and NOT try time wasting with half an hour to play! You could coach and coach some of our current squad and nothing would change.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:16 AM, oafcshuck said:

I can't find the original signing thread .. as it's that long ago.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/103888/creative-spark-can-lift-latics

This man is a blue and gives us 100% every week. Yes he makes mistakes but that's because he wants the ball 10x more than anyone else.

Passion, pride, effort and charisma. Get off his fucking back. 

Probably the same idiots who wanked over Placide and Richie. Look where that got us. 

His fucking run at Hampton, in the cold and wet rain, in the 88th minute, MIGHT have saved other club. 50K. 85K WHEN we beat Maidstone. Then 850K if we draw a top prem team away. 

Without DG that wouldn't have happened, fact. Yes he makes bad passes but that's because he's the only fucker who wants it.

PS. Who signed him? 😉

Just saying.

Without that FA Cup money we'd be struggling 💙

3 hours ago, super_blue said:

What was the story with him leaving/turning the contract down last time? Was it just gossip or fact?

Fact....because it proved the club was a basket case and he was destined for the championship.