Forest Green (h)

17 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Was always going to be a tricky game that after what happened Sunday always difficult to come back to normality after the high the players had against Fulham. Forest Green best away side in the division decent manager and play good football, yes we got lucky they tore us apart first half but we were showing glimpses that we were still dangerous on the counter. They didn’t take there chances and at HT Pete Wild changed the system with O Grady coming off for Hunt and it worked as we were the better side second half, we created some good chances with some nice play, but the final ball was wrong option every time. Edmunson was our best player I think clubs will be definitely looking at him now. Sylla seemed to settle into the game as it progressed, early days for him yet with it being his first game in English football. Baxter had a golden chance at the end to win it but lacked the composure to finish it. All in all a decent point IF we beat Macc next week, hopefully another decent following will spur us on to win, but won’t be easy Campbell has made them tough to beat. We bought ourselves another week with this result to hopefully get a couple in a striker is priority as we lacked any threat up there yesterday, and defiantly need a CB as no cover unless they recall Stott who’s doing well at Stockport. Also hopefully some more clarity on the manager situation we need to make the right decision as there is still a good chance of sneaking a playoff place.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

It seemed to me we started slowly with a 4 4 2 and I suspect that was because Wild didn't know what he would get from Sylla.  When we did make it into their half and the Nepo cross nearly went in the game changed.  We appeared to go to 4 2 3 1 but unfortunately the 1 couldn't cut it for whatever reason.  Sylla settled in and looks a good replacement for Lydon - it is possible that Abdallah now knows what sort of player is required for this league.

Yes could have won the game but a draw seemed OK on the balance of play.

The referee was another one who lacked consistency and worse than that thought he was the most important person on the pitch.  If you shout abuse at the referee it won't make him perform better and it is likely to work against our team.

1 hour ago, Markspark92 said:

Was always going to be a tricky game that after what happened Sunday always difficult to come back to normality after the high the players had against Fulham. Forest Green best away side in the division decent manager and play good football, yes we got lucky they tore us apart first half but we were showing glimpses that we were still dangerous on the counter. They didn’t take there chances and at HT Pete Wild changed the system with O Grady coming off for Hunt and it worked as we were the better side second half, we created some good chances with some nice play, but the final ball was wrong option every time. Edmunson was our best player I think clubs will be definitely looking at him now. Sylla seemed to settle into the game as it progressed, early days for him yet with it being his first game in English football. Baxter had a golden chance at the end to win it but lacked the composure to finish it. All in all a decent point IF we beat Macc next week, hopefully another decent following will spur us on to win, but won’t be easy Campbell has made them tough to beat. We bought ourselves another week with this result to hopefully get a couple in a striker is priority as we lacked any threat up there yesterday, and defiantly need a CB as no cover unless they recall Stott who’s doing well at Stockport. Also hopefully some more clarity on the manager situation we need to make the right decision as there is still a good chance of sneaking a playoff place.

50 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Same for me. We played a narrow 442 against FGR’s more expansive approach. We basically handed them the wings in the first half and were extremely fortunate to be level at h/t. To his credit, Wild sorted this after the break by playing an extra man in midfield, pushing Nepomuceno forward to better occupy their fullback and we then competed with them- in fact they looked a shadow of the side they did in first 45. 

Definitely a hangover game and out of our system. Macclesfield should be a good one 😉

4 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Maybe on some decisions but I actually thought he had good game overall. We couldn't argue about any of our bookings, especially Lang's which was a blatant dive on the scale of both Fulham lads last week.

Awful dive that. Knocked ball too far. Wasn't even a good effort

16 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

The lad is fast becoming a bit of a bell end 

Bit harsh DV! Still, if he's caused the damage he has to pay up. Must have been a recent incident/name change, as he was topless at Fulham last week!

To be honest, I'm more stunned by the news that we have a Club Secretary!

38 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Bit harsh DV! Still, if he's caused the damage he has to pay up. Must have been a recent incident/name change, as he was topless at Fulham last week!

If they sent that to me I'd tell them to sling it, leaving wet paint all over the place and then having the audacity to bill a customer whose walked it in.

Knowing he'll pay it as he doesn't miss a game is a bit of a cunts trick regardless of what you think of him, counter claim would be going straight in Monday morning if I were him.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If they sent that to me I'd tell them to sling it, leaving wet paint all over the place and then having the audacity to bill a customer whose walked it in.

Knowing he'll pay it as he doesn't miss a game is a bit of a cunts trick regardless of what you think of him, counter claim would be going straight in Monday morning if I were him.

Do you know the full circumstances?

13 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Do you know the full circumstances?

none of us do,maybe Topon should have a word with the supporters liaison officer and see if it can be quashed or at least he could work it off rather than stump up fifty quid.

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

none of us do,maybe Topon should have a word with the supporters liaison officer and see if it can be quashed or at least he could work it off rather than stump up fifty quid.

So he was in this room on his own, was he?

Somebody on here will have seen what went on.

I wouldn't trust him with a bog-brush let alone a paint brush.

5 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

So he was in this room on his own, was he?

Somebody on here will have seen what went on.

I wouldn't trust him with a bog-brush let alone a paint brush.

He's a young lad Mike,they make mistakes and act like dicks at times.

maybe just a little more leniency than whack him with a fine like that

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

He's a young lad Mike,they make mistakes and act like dicks at times.

maybe just a little more leniency than whack him with a fine like that

He's been a knobhead for  a few years now and must have been thrown out of a few games, not forgetting the number of times he stands front and centre antagonising the opposition's fans......at what point does it sink in that continually acting like a tw*t is not a good career move. 

4 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

He's been a knobhead for  a few years now and must have been thrown out of a few games, not forgetting the number of times he stands front and centre antagonising the opposition's fans......at what point does it sink in that continually acting like a tw*t is not a good career move. 

A £50 fine isn't going to turn him in to an angel, wonder how much the fines will be for all those smoking in the toilets ? 

Will be rolling in dollars soon :D

3 minutes ago, archiecat said:

A £50 fine isn't going to turn him in to an angel, wonder how much the fines will be for all those smoking in the toilets ? 

Will be rolling in dollars soon :D

OK.....next time make it £100.....and keep lifting it until the idiot learns.....let's see who breaks first.

Not sure how having a sneaky fag relates to stupidity.

I happen to like reading messages such as those that came out of Fulham's Forums praising our support....what I don't want to read are those that want to give the idiot with no shirt a good kicking next time he comes to their club.

I am proud of this club and 99.9% of it's fans but he does not represent me with his behaviour.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

OK.....next time make it £100.....and keep lifting it until the idiot learns.....let's see who breaks first.

I happen to like reading messages such as those that came out of Fulham's Forums praising our support....what I don't want to read are those that want to give the idiot with no shirt a good kicking next time he comes to their club.

I am proud of this club and 99.9% of it's fans but he does not represent me with his behaviour.

I am not condoning his behaviour Mike,i just thought it was an excessive punishment.

But until you clearly know what's happened, how can you say if it's excessive or not? The letter states that he wiped wet paint off his shoes on to walls...…...which brain cell in there decided "oh, I've got wet paint on my shoes....I know, I 'll wipe them on a wall"...….the more I think about it, Billy Connolly got it right, we need to cull the human race!!!  

If a painter has to come in and put it right, then a full day would be charged at say £150 plus materials so on that basis, he's getting off lightly.

30 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

He’s the biggest nob head in the stadium wherever we go and a shower every once in a while wouldn’t go amiss either the stinking twat. Never mind a fine he should be banned if he doesn’t give up the inciting. 

14 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He’s the biggest nob head in the stadium wherever we go and a shower every once in a while wouldn’t go amiss either the stinking twat. Never mind a fine he should be banned if he doesn’t give up the inciting. 

I reckon that's why he gets peddled.

Edited by mikejh45

42 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

It doesn’t but it is against the regulations and when it’s done in the bogs it is against the law.

Although as a non-smoker I’d rather the club sorted out some arrangement so those that want a sneaky fag can do so without using the toilets. It shouldn’t be too hard, especially in the RRE.

5 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I actually quite liked the lad...in small doses. But if you heard/saw what I did on the train home from London last week you might just think again? 

Many of us have had a quiet word with him and at times is a genuinely pleasant  young person His enthusiasm is admirable 

Then for some reason he lets himself and the Club down

A major concern should be that his actions at times may tarnish the Club's reputation

We did need the younger generation to help take the Club forward but it should be done with respect for himself and others

Sincere apologies as  I get off my soapbox

50 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Enlighten us... tampon is a idiot, name and shame him

I’m certainly not going to go into any detail on here, but I too have had more than one quiet word with him but seemingly to no avail. It’s a shame, but perhaps he’s got mixed up with some wrong uns. He’ll learn.