Boundary Park buy out

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Surely it’s got to be better for all concerned including AL that the stadium is owned by fans rather than Blitz & Gazal who no longer have any interest in the football club!

Yeh agree...but i don’t feel the FLG and AL have a positive relationship. 

Seems like they have swooped in cloak and dagger to purchase and potentially force him out? 

I don’t know the answer to this but Will they be happy giving AL the revenue for match days/events etc to re invest into the club? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, super_blue said:

I 100% agree with you it’s a joke. The intentions of the FLG may be good but I feel they have just created another issue on the ownership side and it doesn’t look like it will end well. I wonder what the long term ambition of the FLG is if Blitz ends up selling them the stand and ground? Do they think AL may just walk away and had them to club...this will not happen. 

I understand he (AL) has tried to buy the lot and wanted it but things have been made difficult for this. 

What is is the point of the stand for the FLG if the club end up refusing to use it for games/corporate? Contracts for the season are still to be signed from what we know based on the above comments. 

Could have done with this group before AL purchased us and they could have purchased the lot in the correct manner and we wouldn’t be in this weird situation now! 

This is something I said to a fellow fan recently. Far too many "vested interests" in it for their own gain pulling in different directions...and in my opinion, over and above the good of the club. Be it AL, TheThreeAssetStrippers, FLG or whoever else. Very dangerous.

Edited by boundaryblue80
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

This is something I said to a fellow fan recently. Far too many "vested interests" in it for their own gain pulling in different directions...and in my opinion, over and above the good of the club. Be it AL, TheThreeAssetStrippers, FLG or whoever else. Very dangerous.

Agreed

But it’s ok... we have been assured that the FLG are all “good people” who have just “the club at heart”.   That’s all, no vested interests or anything else guv’nor.  Honest.  

You could say I remain sceptical for now. 

Edited by kowenicki
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So you don’t see any issue? 

Of course not, it’s all his ‘mates’... he is in the inner-circle. 

These guys trying to buy the stadium are pure philanthropists. So it’s all fine. No vested interests or profit motives whatsoever. 

It may may well be... but we continue to know virtually nothing about it. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Fans with clubs interest at heart protecting our only asset and potentially ridding us of the Lemmy's, absolute win win.

Possibly? Possibly a dogs breakfast? I’m unimpressed with at least one of those involved. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So you don’t see any issue? 

Blitz & Gazal's [not Latics fans] motive = Land.

Corney's [not a Latics fan] motive = Lifestyle.

Abdallah's [not a Latics fan] motive = ????????

FLG's [Latics fans] motive = Stopping land falling into hands of developers / providing base from which to secure club or begin Phoenix if/when club ends up in administration/liquidation.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Hardly a criticism of me - I've got nowt to do with the FLG...

So why the childish reaction? You got triggered by something you felt applied to you. Why’s that? 

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

FLG's [Latics fans] motive = Stopping land falling into hands of developers / providing base from which to secure club or begin Phoenix if/when club ends up in administration/liquidation.

Forgive me. This could be incredibly naive. You must admit that.  I do SINCERELY hope you are correct, but right now you are leaping to a positive conclusion. 

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Oh I totally agree Andy. I also differ from Kow in having reservations about their motives. My point is, you have FLG pulling in one direction, and AL doing his thing. 

There is no way on gods green earth that AL or his ego will cooperate or help facilitate FLG’s success IMO. This will only harm one thing-  the club. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Forgive me. This could be incredibly naive. You must admit that.  I do SINCERELY hope you are correct, but right now you are leaping to a positive conclusion. 

I think it's naive not to be suspicious of Mr. Lemsagam because his motives are unclear....!

I think the FLG's primary motive [even if there are secondary motives at play] is clear.....! AND.... I can't imagine/envisage/speculate on a secondary motive that is worse than the status quo?

Feel free to fill any blanks in for me if you believe there are some?

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Oh I totally agree Andy. I also differ from Kow in having reservations about their motives. My point is, you have FLG pulling in one direction, and AL doing his thing. 

There is no way on gods green earth that AL or his ego will cooperate or help facilitate FLG’s success IMO. This will only harm one thing-  the club. 

I agree with you. 

It’s not that I necessarily have reservations.  We simply know zero about them. It could be fantastic... no idea. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah.... I think you're probably right.... but if we assume the FLG do have the club's best interests at heart.... then it's with Mr. Lemsagam to bury his ego to prove to the fanbase [he wants to be on his side] that he is to be trusted.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think it's naive not to be suspicious of Mr. Lemsagam because his motives are unclear....!

I think the FLG's primary motive [even if there are secondary motives at play] is clear.....! AND.... I can't imagine/envisage/speculate on a secondary motive that is worse than the status quo?

Feel free to fill any blanks in for me if you believe there are some?

I am suspicious of AL... but constantly saying it day in day out does no good whatsoever.  I also at least know who he is and what I’m dealing with. 

The primary motive of the FLG is to own the entire football club and we have no idea who they are. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

And AL isn't already doing that? God forbid if he did gain control of everything the consequences could be horrendous given his tenure so far, I'm far more comfortable knowing whose involved on the other side, what we do know of AL and his associates is that they are a set of cunts the thought of him owning the whole shebang fills me with dread.

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I am suspicious of AL... but constantly saying it day in day out does no good whatsoever.  I also at least know who he is and what I’m dealing with. 

The primary motive of the FLG is to own the entire football club and we have no idea who they are. 

....but it's OK for you to regularly/constantly opine about the FLG because we don't know who they are...?

....I don't [necessarily] see it like that. If Mr. Lemsagam ran it properly, good governance, respectful treatment of employees et al.... they presumably would be happy for him to continue to own it. They are only here / readying themselves to own it because they believe it may end up like Bolton or Bury in the near future... and without the land, it would be more certain of liquidation / no phoenix.

Edited by lookersstandandy

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And AL isn't already doing that? God forbid if he did gain control of everything the consequences could be horrendous given his tenure so far, I'm far more comfortable knowing whose involved on the other side, what we do know of AL and his associates is that they are a set of cunts the thought of him owning the whole shebang fills me with dread.

We know Broady (2811) is employed to do their PR, Wood is sorting their catering and Brooke is somehow ‘managing’ something or other.  Broad and Wood are good at what they do. 

Who else do we know about?  All of those were ‘happy’ to do work for Corney and/or AL for varying degrees of time by the way. 

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair comment. 

There are two different points here. One- I accept and welcome that FLG offer us some sort of insurance on AL going full megalomaniac; which in the long term will hopefully end in him leaving. Two- I don’t don’t think divided/power grab clubs tend to do well on the pitch. Hope I’m wrong. 

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....but it's OK for you to regularly/constantly opine about the FLG because we don't know who they are...?

....I don't [necessarily] see it like that. If Mr. Lemsagam ran it properly, good governance, respectful treatment of employees et al.... they presumably would be happy for him to continue to own it. They are only here / readying themselves to own it because they believe it may end up like Bolton or Bury in the near future?

I’m glad one of us is in the know. 

Have the Trust confirmed if the legal notification of a proposed purchase has been made to them yet?  I’m under the impression they get first refusal and have to be given prior notice and time to launch a rival purchase plan.