Boundary Park buy out

Just now, kowenicki said:

I’m glad one of us is in the know. 

Have the Trust confirmed if the legal notification of a proposed purchase has been made to them yet?  I’m under the impression they get first refusal and have to be given prior notice and time to launch a rival purchase plan. 

...presumably the Trust's involvement from outset was/is tacit evidence that said notice had been given, no....?

12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...presumably the Trust's involvement from outset was/is tacit evidence that said notice had been given, no....?

They said they hadn’t had that notice last time they were asked. Might have changed? 

If they haven’t had it then the FLG haven’t made much progress.

If they have and not given all details they know to fans then that is piss poor. 

Edited by kowenicki

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They said they hadn’t had that notice last time they were asked. Might have changed? 

If they haven’t had it then the FLG haven’t made much progress.

If they have and not given all details they know to fans then that is piss poor. 

I read this statement and conclude notice has been given....

https://trustoldham.co.uk/boundary-park-purchase/

If I was to pick a side it would be the Fan led group. 

Blitz Corney and Gazal promised alot and didn't deliver. 

The Lemsagams 2 year tenure has been nothing short of a disaster for reasons that we have all gone into.

So while we know little about the FLG what we all should know about Oldham Athletic is that for the long term good of OAFC the ownership of the land and stadium has to be back in the hands of people who own the club something the FLG has recognised instantaneously.

I actually think this will get ugly and I hope if they do have the clubs best interests at heart they are prepared to go to war with the Lemsagams because I think that is exactly where we are heading. 

If the FLG are going to succeed then they will probably require fan backing.

Their is no way the club is going to succeed with the Lemsagams in charge. They are not going to change they will keep dumping these sub standard foreign footballers on us why I don't know but if they still see no problem with it then they won't change and we will continue down this path of failure.

Im not saying these people are somekind of white knights in shining armour I doubt they have real capital however I do believe if they were the ones in charge we would probably have a brighter future.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If I was to pick a side it would be the Fan led group. 

Blitz Corney and Gazal promised alot and didn't deliver. 

The Lemsagams 2 year tenure has been nothing short of a disaster for reasons that we have all gone into.

So while we know little about the FLG what we all should know about Oldham Athletic is that for the long term good of OAFC the ownership of the land and stadium has to be back in the hands of people who own the club something the FLG has recognised instantaneously.

I actually think this will get ugly and I hope if they do have the clubs best interests at heart they are prepared to go to war with the Lemsagams because I think that is exactly where we are heading. 

If the FLG are going to succeed then they will probably require fan backing.

Their is no way the club is going to succeed with the Lemsagams in charge. They are not going to change they will keep dumping these sub standard foreign footballers on us why I don't know but if they still see no problem with it then they won't change and we will continue down this path of failure.

Im not saying these people are somekind of white knights in shining armour I doubt they have real capital however I do believe if they were the ones in charge we would probably have a brighter future.

Good post. 

I agree conflict is inevitable at this stage, but ‘war’ may be some time off as any ground purchase could be at least 6 months away. The Trust haven’t been informed of the 6 months notice as of yet. 

The FLG need deep pockets and balls... as it will get ugly.

Edited by kowenicki

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Really?  That’s Feb 2019

In May 2019:

https://trustoldham.co.uk/may-review/

So perhaps not... 

....then you are correct, it would appear formal notice hasn't yet been given. I believe that formal notice would have to come from Oldham council, because it is they who the ACV is registered with.

Edited by lookersstandandy

59 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think it's naive not to be suspicious of Mr. Lemsagam because his motives are unclear....!

I think the FLG's primary motive [even if there are secondary motives at play] is clear.....! AND.... I can't imagine/envisage/speculate on a secondary motive that is worse than the status quo?

Feel free to fill any blanks in for me if you believe there are some?

57 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Yeah.... I think you're probably right.... but if we assume the FLG do have the club's best interests at heart.... then it's with Mr. Lemsagam to bury his ego to prove to the fanbase [he wants to be on his side] that he is to be trusted.

So in the space of 2 minutes you have gone from clear motive to we assume.

I can understand the optimism-we haven't had much recently but as Kow keeps stating-we know little or nothing about any of the take over persons. One fact we do know is they want the fans to be involved financially in the future. This could be good or bad, but football does not have a great record of taking supporters money and using it well.

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So in the space of 2 minutes you have gone from clear motive to we assume.

I can understand the optimism-we haven't had much recently but as Kow keeps stating-we know little or nothing about any of the take over persons. One fact we do know is they want the fans to be involved financially in the future. This could be good or bad, but football does not have a great record of taking supporters money and using it well.

The first one says, “I think....”

The second one says, “If we assume...”

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Fans with clubs interest at heart protecting our only asset and potentially ridding us of the Lemmy's, absolute win win.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Possibly? Possibly a dogs breakfast? I’m unimpressed with at least one of those involved. 

I agree with you. 

It’s not that I necessarily have reservations.  We simply know zero about them. It could be fantastic... no idea. 

I am suspicious of AL... but constantly saying it day in day out does no good whatsoever.  I also at least know who he is and what I’m dealing with. 

The primary motive of the FLG is to own the entire football club and we have no idea who they are. 

You're "unimpressed with at least one of those involved" (so two or more) but at the same time "know zero about them", & "have no idea who they are"????

Talk us through this.......

• Like 1

I am suspicious of AL... but constantly saying it day in day out does no good whatsoever.  I also at least know who he is and what I’m dealing with. 

The primary motive of the FLG is to own the entire football club and we have no idea who they are. 

The entire football club?...as in the land, stadium and the badge.

That’s  a guess right, if not, where have you got that info from?

Just now, oafc1955 said:

The article they released a a couple of days ago. There’s a link a few pages back. 

Its the land, stands, OEC and car park. Not the football team. That’s AL’s. 

8 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You're "unimpressed with at least one of those involved" (so two or more) but at the same time "know zero about them", & "have no idea who they are"????

Doesn’t “at least one”.... mean ‘one or more’....?

27 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Sigh. Perhaps if you read it properly. 

One more time...

We (I) DON’T know who the FLG are... we DO know who they have EMPLOYED/SECURED, one of which is very underwhelming. 

Got it now? 👍

You obviously missed out (intentionally) this post:

We know Broady (2811) is employed to do their PR, Wood is sorting their catering and Brooke is somehow ‘managing’ something or other.  Broad and Wood are good at what they do. 

Who else do we know about?  All of those were ‘happy’ to do work for Corney and/or AL for varying degrees of time by the way. 

Edited by kowenicki

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No. You haven’t been paying attention. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

One more time...

We (I) DON’T know who the FLG are... we DO know who they have EMPLOYED/SECURED, one of which is very underwhelming. 

Got it now? 👍

Out of interest whose underwhelmed you?

15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Doesn’t “at least one”.... mean ‘one or more’....?

No it means I am unimpressed with one and reserve judgement on the others.  But it’s all fine. You say it’s all hunky dory and you are a real stickler for detail and evidence from owners/possible owners of things. So that’ll do for me. 

👍

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

One more time...

Got it now? 👍

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No. You haven’t been paying attention. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No it means I am unimpressed with one and reserve judgement on the others.  But it’s all fine. You say it’s all hunky dory and you are a real stickler for detail and evidence from owners/possible owners of things. So that’ll do for me. 

👍

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Its obvious from my posts. 

:lol:

Do you ever worry that you might come over like a right bell end?

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 1

Good intentions or not, they need to be the ones that give way and get AL on board. if this is going to work! Pissing him of will cause a divide, the last thing we need. What will this lovely kind FLG do if AL pisses off to another ground. Will they sit on the ground till we need it? Or will they get greedy and sell up?