• Last Reply
33 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Tommy Hamer.Tommy Hamer.

Tommy, Tommy Hamer.

He's got a long throw

And

And Another long throw

Tommy, Tommy Hamer.

I I'll stand by a view that questions how any young player can really improve when they've had God knows how many different coaches since they got to senior level. He'll be yet another one who fails to progress here but does so somewhere else. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

I I'll stand by a view that questions how any young player can really improve when they've had God knows how many different coaches since they got to senior level. He'll be yet another one who fails to progress here but does so somewhere else. 

Agreed Dave. His general play has gone backwards at a rapid rate. 

Still got a long throw though 🐵

54 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He will improve as you say, but at the moment Zach Mills (although niggling injuries are a concern) is ahead of him for the right back slot now Egert at centre back.

The left back position is more of a problem though IMO.

May be time to bring Smith Brown back?

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He will improve as you say, but at the moment Zach Mills (although niggling injuries are a concern) is ahead of him for the right back slot now Egert at centre back.

The left back position is more of a problem though IMO.

May be time to bring Smith Brown back?

Keen to see Mills back in the team but dont think Hamer is a bad player at all. Although heavily criticised for not connecting properly with Maouche's excellent cross, he was in the right areas and doesn't hide in my opinion.

Left back situation is a concern, Lacovitti wasn't comfortable there, also gets slaughtered for not looking up before firing the ball down the flank.

Wheater is a great influence across the park in my view, if the partnership with Egert can develop, the spine of a decent team is there.

17 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Keen to see Mills back in the team but dont think Hamer is a bad player at all. Although heavily criticised for not connecting properly with Maouche's excellent cross, he was in the right areas and doesn't hide in my opinion.

Left back situation is a concern, Lacovitti wasn't comfortable there, also gets slaughtered for not looking up before firing the ball down the flank.

Wheater is a great influence across the park in my view, if the partnership with Egert can develop, the spine of a decent team is there.

Spines generally have  head on top of them...

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

deserved his chance at a higher level

True, hope he does very well.

I am encouraged by Des's growing confidence and some end product, good crosser for sure.

Hopefully Dino can find the right combination.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:30 AM, Londonboy said:

Yep agree. If you dont use the data and stats available to your advantage in any business these days you will probably fail, as  your competition will be using the same data. 

Just the way of the world so needs to be embrased or face the consequences

Think Singe would agree😂

Ha!

In context I do.
For example, it is a good stat but I still think Clarkey was a better Captain of us due to his off the field involvment in trying to gel the team.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:08 PM, Mayfield said:

Is this still happening?!😩

On 10/6/2019 at 1:08 PM, Mayfield said:

Interesting statement given that our strikers have scored 1 league goal between them in 11 league matches.

We have only kept 1 clean sheet in 11 games too, although I was encouraged by Egert's debut given that he has been out for near on 2 years. 

Midfield is okay, nothing better. Sylla and Missilou have been our best players this season but neither are generally that creative (despite Missilou scoring 3 goals so far and fair play to him!) and Maouche, well, don't get me started...

We're not improving much to be honest. Don't particularly look like scoring many and lie 21st in the division. There isn't signs of a "decent" team. A "decent" team would be top of this division, no dramas. Sadly, I don't think there is one. Bradford weren't bad but we were criminally awful. Cheltenham passed the ball around well but didn't hit the target very often and the rest that I've seen (missed Plymouth and Cambridge) have been slightly better than us with the exception of Carlisle (who beat us) and Morecambe who were horrendously poor.

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Interesting statement given that our strikers have scored 1 league goal between them in 11 league matches.

We have only kept 1 clean sheet in 11 games too, although I was encouraged by Egert's debut given that he has been out for near on 2 years. 

Midfield is okay, nothing better. Sylla and Missilou have been our best players this season but neither are generally that creative (despite Missilou scoring 3 goals so far and fair play to him!) and Maouche, well, don't get me started...

We're not improving much to be honest. Don't particularly look like scoring many and lie 21st in the division. There isn't signs of a "decent" team. A "decent" team would be top of this division, no dramas. Sadly, I don't think there is one. Bradford weren't bad but we were criminally awful. Cheltenham passed the ball around well but didn't hit the target very often and the rest that I've seen (missed Plymouth and Cambridge) have been slightly better than us with the exception of Carlisle (who beat us) and Morecambe who were horrendously poor.

Looking for positives.

Don't think anyone is happy with the quality or depth of goal scoring talent on the books, so the poor goal tally is hardly a surprise.

Watching Egert at the weekend was a reason to be optimistic in my view.

Regarding basis for a decent team, I stand by Woods, MIlls, Egert, Wheater, Hamer, Morais, Maouche, Missilou, Fage, Sylla, Segbe, Eagles, Smith, Wilson? as a good start.

Having seen all the home games, I argue we are improving (fitness still a concern) and Dino deserves backing

24 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Looking for positives.

Don't think anyone is happy with the quality or depth of goal scoring talent on the books, so the poor goal tally is hardly a surprise.

Regarding basis for a decent team, I stand by Woods, MIlls, Egert, Wheater, Hamer, Morais, Maouche, Missilou, Fage, Sylla, Segbe, Eagles, Smith, Wilson? as a good start.

Having seen all the home games, I argue we are improving (fitness still a concern) and Dino deserves backing

Fair enough looking for positives. That said, I don't see too many.

The strike-force is pitiful to say the least and puts an extreme amount of pressure on 2/3 midfielders recording 10/12 goals each+.

Egert had a solid debut. Did well and hopefully he'll become a great asset to the first XI

You've included 2 players in there that are strikers who you refer to previously as "lack quality" and "depth of goal scoring talent you're not too happy with" - The midfield is okay but lacks creativity in key areas (Number 10 role) 

Improving from when? The start of the season? Cheltenham I thought was a decent game of football, that said I didn't think we'd win it at 1-1 despite Hamer's sitter. Other than that we've won 1 from 6 at home. Very poor considering the only win was against a side who would struggle in the division below (Morecambe)

We need to improve and quick, hopefully Dino will get the opportunity to do that, although sadly coaches, I think are fairly irrelevant given the state of the club higher up.

40 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Looking for positives.

La Paz has done ok too I think.

41 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

La Paz has done ok too I think.

Him and Des out for tonight and Satruday at Mansfield due to international duties. Better hope Woods is fit again.

If Nepo was still here we could have asked for one or both of them to be postponed?

Archived