3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I didn't hear/see the the abuse him but they sound like a pair of morons. 

But that had already been said and I, like others I imagine, had nothing to add.

Do you want some kind of roll call where every poster has to come on and show concern by repeating someone else's post that already seemed to about cover it?

Come on Harry 🤦‍♂️

Read the thread again and it reads like:

Injured Latics player down

Gets abuse off two of our own fans 

Well he’s shit anyway 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

Come on Harry 🤦‍♂️

Read the thread again and it reads like:

Injured Latics player down

Gets abuse off two of our own fans 

Well he’s shit anyway 

It doesn’t read like that to me.

The thread, as often happens, merely evolves; this time into a discussion on the relative talents of our two main strikers. 

There is no suggestion from anyone that because he is ‘shit’ it somehow justifies the abuse.

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It doesn’t read like that to me.

The thread, as often happens, merely evolves; this time into a discussion on the relative talents of our two main strikers. 

There is no suggestion from anyone that because he is ‘shit’ it somehow justifies the abuse.

HarryBosch, TheBigDog

Happy to hold my hand up for maybe being a bit sensitive around our own supporters abusing our own players

Stuff like that has never brought the best out of me 

17 minutes ago, Clifford said:

This is a disgrace. The players are not scabs. Those fans paying money to AL and Mo every home game and in the club shop are the scabs, wise up lads. 

Well you have posted some rubbish on here but this is a shocker. Really you should be ashamed of yourself calling the supporters of the same club as you (allegedly) such a thing.

16 minutes ago, Clifford said:

This is a disgrace. The players are not scabs. Those fans paying money to AL and Mo every home game and in the club shop are the scabs, wise up lads. 

As far as I am aware, a ‘scab’ is a strikebreaker or someone who crosses an official picket line. There is nothing official about the boycott that some choose to follow but it is their right to do so - as it is the right of others to watch their team.

So to insult  those supporters who decide to watch the team at home by referring to them as scabs is the real disgrace here.

Wise up lad. 😮

30 minutes ago, Clifford said:

To the best of my knowledge, I think this is the second time you've gone down this route.

I was disgusted then and I'm disgusted with you now in the same way I was disgusted with those couple of "fans" at Newport.

If it wasn't you previously, but someone else, I apologise, but the sentiment still stands.

Learn to use a better choice of phrase, there's a good lad.

On 10/14/2019 at 10:18 PM, Clifford said:

He's losing control, slowly, as he can't fund the thing properly. The sooner he is gone the better. FLG will soon own 10%+ and the ground. AL's days are numbered, the debts will continue and he'll lose the lot.

The tumor needs removing, this isn't the club or type of club I grew up with, anyone paying into home games is a scab imo.

Bristolatic is correct.

At least he/she is posting under the correct topic title-Embarassing fans?

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

I’m a scab am I, please feel free to give me your contact details 

5 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

To the best of my knowledge, I think this is the second time you've gone down this route.

I was disgusted then and I'm disgusted with you now in the same way I was disgusted with those couple of "fans" at Newport.

If it wasn't you previously, but someone else, I apologise, but the sentiment still stands.

Learn to use a better choice of phrase, there's a good lad.

A quick search says it's the 3rd time Clifford has used scab to describe fans who pay money to watch Oldham in 4 months. 

I know there's a few US sports fans amongst the mods, I'm hoping there's one who likes Baseball. 

18 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

That doesn't bother me one jot as long as I have a Latics team to watch.

Bury fans stated they didn't care they were being mortgaged out as they won promotions. Worked out well.

The offence taking by those who are scabs tells me they know that in some way what those of us who are staying away are saying is right. If AL and ML can afford to have us as their play thing they will not go anywhere. 

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

Bury fans stated they didn't care they were being mortgaged out as they won promotions. Worked out well.

The offence taking by those who are scabs tells me they know that in some way what those of us who are staying away are saying is right. If AL and ML can afford to have us as their play thing they will not go anywhere. 

And your solution will result in different outcome? How exactly? 

Blackpool fans stayed away for months but never got the owner out-it was the courts that shifted him eventually.

It tells you wrong-again.

TBH folks like yourself if we should ever get new owners would be better for the club if you just stayed away. It doesn't need the prejudice you hold.

As most football clubs are owned by an individual then by definition they are the 'play thing' as you put of the owner.

Still filed correctly under embarrassing fans.

47 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Blackpool fans stayed away for months but never got the owner out-it was the courts that shifted him eventually.

TBH folks like yourself if we should ever get new owners would be better for the club if you just stayed away. It doesn't need the prejudice you hold.

As most football clubs are owned by an individual then by definition they are the 'play thing' as you put of the owner.

Its a really divisive issue. I agree with some of what Clifford is saying and can understand fans staying away (and there's loads of them) due to feeling totally disengaged with the club and its owners. I hate the word "scab", its very confrontational - I was called a "Scab" by someone I have known for many years (under his breath I may say but I heard it) because I was one of the 27 protesters.  I went to the game afterwards but can understand why others chose not to.     

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Under the current ownership this club is going into non league and fast. 

Sit back and relax. AL and Mo are doing fine. 

When the FLG purchase the ground and are willing to support the club from that the club will be a good proposition. 

AL and Mo are ruining this club in every aspect possible. Keep paying in if that doesn't bother you. 

AL will either change his ways or leave. If he doesn't his money will run out and the club will change hands

If the FLG are true to their word the club may not need a massive backer. The dream of the north stand providing 365 income could become a reality. Dale, Accrington and others survive and prosper on less than we have and would have.

The longer they have to wreck the club the  harder it will be once they inevitably fuck off.

Archived