Greatest Free Kicks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maurice at York, anyone who was there that day will never forget it. Shez at Hull in cup - 3-2 to the taliban lol ! Eyres at Stockport, another magic away day, also remember Eyres hitting screamer away at Oxfords old ground iirc not too sure though due to one or two beers that day ! Sometimes the magic of the day supersedes the actual goal if that makes any sense.

I've got vague memories of Shez passing one in the bottom corner from about 40 yards out away at somebody like gillingham or Bristol rovers? Somebody w a bit of a hotchpotch ground anyway, one of them ones w like seven small 'stands' instead of four normal ones.

Anybody help??

Jus w the Football btw, beyond saving in all other respects 😂😂😂

ian Robins home to Plymouth fa Cup 3rd round 1977 free kick down the left 40 yds  out wood is out bear left corner flag lurking groves etc back right corner of the box pulling defenders about two of ours stand in front of the wall ian wood runs over the ball the two players barge a gap in the wall and robins blasts it like an exocet  through the gap keeper didnt even move 

6 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

mark Robins home to Plymouth fa Cup 3rd round 1977 free kick down the left 40 yds  out wood is out bear left corner flag lurking groves etc back right corner of the box pulling defenders about two of ours stand in front of the wall ian wood runs over the ball the two players barge a gap in the wall and robins blasts it like an exocet  through the gap keeper didnt even move 

Ian Robins, I'd rather forget about Mark. 

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I've got vague memories of Shez passing one in the bottom corner from about 40 yards out away at somebody like gillingham or Bristol rovers? Somebody w a bit of a hotchpotch ground anyway, one of them ones w like seven small 'stands' instead of four normal ones.

Anybody help??

It was Bristol Rovers away

51 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

God that was a good watch. Was it Chris Armstrong who put the left wing cross in for our third goal? That was such a great ball.

Starting lineup:

Gareth Kelly
Dean Holden
Stuart Balmer
David Beharall
Chris Armstrong
Lee Duxbury
David Eyres
Darren Sheridan
John Sheridan
John Eyre
Matthew Tipton

Subs

Mark Allott 
Julien Baudet 
Mark Innes 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 9:57 AM, Monty Burns said:

Anybody help??

I know I'm late to the party on this thread but this is the one that sticks out for me. IIRC everyone inside the ground, including the keeper, was set up for the cross to come in and JS bangs it in the left hand side of the goal.

Always had it in my head that it finished 2-2 but not 100% 

21 minutes ago, watty123 said:

I know I'm late to the party on this thread but this is the one that sticks out for me. IIRC everyone inside the ground, including the keeper, was set up for the cross to come in and JS bangs it in the left hand side of the goal.

Always had it in my head that it finished 2-2 but not 100% 

Think we lost the game 3-2 at Bristol Rovers September 99 the one where Sheridan caught the keeper off guard couldn't find it on YouTube though.

Why I can remember stuff like this and not important stuff. I'm horrifically forgetful at work I don't know.

Archived