1 hour ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Anyone know his football allegiance?

Brilliant performance (even if he’s a United or Citeh fan).

Be great to see him presented to the crowd at BP if he’s a Latic.

He's boycotting. 

I can’t believe the Oldham Times didn’t use my Goldham headline 😁

British Cycling had “the great walls of Oldham”!? What the feck is that? Perhaps they think Tokyo is in China or the Great Wall is in Japan.....or it’s all the same, Far East Asia and all that 🤦‍♂️ 

On 8/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, al_bro said:

The commentators said he will probably concentrate on road racing from now on. Winner of the Tour de France next step and another invitation to BP. Well done Matt.

Looking at who else has done well in the omnium since 2012 (when it was introduced to the Olympics) it’s mainly sprinters. For example Mark Cavendish won the silver medal in Rio behind Elia Viviani (who also won bronze this time). So I don’t think he will be winning the maillot jaune, but he may well be a contender for the green jersey and their equivalents in other grand tours.

I fully expect the club have already extended him an invitation, or if not they plan to. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if the club invited Stuart Bithell too (gold medalist sailor) as he apparently went to Crompton House too, although he’s officially from Rochdale.

On 8/5/2021 at 1:49 PM, SweeperKeeper said:

It would be great to get him at BP for one of our home matches, on the pitch at half time and autographs after.  Ride the buzz, it's an amazing achievement for him.

From one empty stadium to another 👍

15 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Looking at who else has done well in the omnium since 2012 (when it was introduced to the Olympics) it’s mainly sprinters. For example Mark Cavendish won the silver medal in Rio behind Elia Viviani (who also won bronze this time). So I don’t think he will be winning the maillot jaune, but he may well be a contender for the green jersey and their equivalents in other grand tours.

I fully expect the club have already extended him an invitation, or if not they plan to. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if the club invited Stuart Bithell too (gold medalist sailor) as he apparently went to Crompton House too, although he’s officially from Rochdale.

Yes. He may become the next Mark Cavendish and he's added a silver this morning in the madison.

20 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Stuart is from Rochdale but went to Crompton House.  

Archived