MATCH: vs Tranmere Rovers (H) Carabao Cup 10/08/2021

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

After tonight's display Sam Hart must be one the best attacking centre backs we've ever seen at BP.

Good at left full back and wing back too, could go on to higher things IMO.

Technique and composure, expecting some screamers from him this year!

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

After tonight's display Sam Hart must be one the best attacking centre backs we've ever seen at BP.

I didnt watch the game tonight, but on Saturday, i came away from the game being reminded of the great Mauriiice.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

He’s no Paul Warhurst

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Bowden and Stobbs do deserve a special mention. Very good tonight. 

Thought they did okay on Saturday to be fair, glad they improved on that tonight, I liked what I saw of Stobbs at the weekend, direct and had a go in his little cameo. Bowden looks after the ball very well and shifts it on quickly which is important at this level, along with Cisse so far so good I'd say.

Was on a long drive so 5Live was on. Made TalkSport sound like the World Service in the 1950s. Abysmal, excruciating, embarrassing, unprofessional.... And so on. 

And neither Tranmere's second nor our equaliser even got a mention.  Didn't even know it had gone to penalties until they said we'd won on them. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Was on a long drive so 5Live was on. Made TalkSport sound like the World Service in the 1950s. Abysmal, excruciating, embarrassing, unprofessional.... And so on. 

And neither Tranmere's second nor our equaliser even got a mention.  Didn't even know it had gone to penalties until they said we'd won on them. 

Which is which?

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

That's some hype after two games

1 minute ago, andy_b_100 said:

Certainly more effective than Blythe .... I wouldnt want him to do a spot the ball competition :D 

Colin West said "Blythy was trying to get fit" in his post match interview so still think he's been thrown in early because of the selection problems and won't write him off yet.

Hart was excellent last night and impressed preseason so very promising.

47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Uh?

I've generally found all the shouting on Talksport makes it close to unlistenable.  5Live is now worse.

Sorry that's what I was getting at. Would agree about Talksport.  Listened to it on the way home last night talking about Rangers. It was infantile.  Also 5live only seems interested in the Premier league now.

32 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Ever? Wow...

Name a few others over time who attacked with such pace and passion from cente back besides Warhurst.

I'll say now he will be on many a higger division club scouts list.

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Name a few others over time who attacked with such pace and passion from cente back besides Warhurst.

I'll say now he will be on many a higger division club scouts list.

So why didn't they sign him when he was a free agent 6 weeks ago? He might be a good player for us, but to say he is our best attacking centre back in 126 years after two games is quite absurd, even by OWTB standards...

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

what on earth was their keeper doing for Bahamboula's goal?

Probably not expecting him to try to do what he did which is the same for the defender who let him go to the goal line. He knew there was no room therefore no danger but Bahamboula doesn't work like that. Some of the flicks him and Fage did to each other first half were just outrageous. 

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

So why didn't they sign him when he was a free agent 6 weeks ago? He might be a good player for us, but to say he is our best attacking centre back in 126 years after two games is quite absurd, even by OWTB standards...

Read my post again I said 'one' of the best. And of course you haven't named any others over the history of the club, the only one I've seen mentioned was Warhurst, who was exceptional.

I take no notice of whether or not clubs sign players having been told by a top flight head coach an 18yo non league player called Chris Waddle would never make the football league grade at any level.

I saw a similar player Luke Ayling play for 5 years in the lower divisions and recommended him, look where he is now at the age of 29.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Read my post again I said 'one' of the best. And of course you haven't named any others over the history of the club, the only one I've seen mentioned was Warhurst, who was exceptional.

I take no notice of whether or not clubs sign players having been told by a top flight head coach an 18yo non league player called Chris Waddle would never make the football league grade at any level.

I saw Luke Ayling play for 5 years in the lower divisions and recommended him, look where he is now at the age of 29.

BP do you still go watching local non league games?

Archived