MATCH: vs Tranmere Rovers (H) Carabao Cup 10/08/2021

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Rather good isn't it if you go back over the last 20 years I don't know the numbers but we win alot more than we lose. 

A pitch invasion seems abit much though.

yeah I feel we do. Remember being at BP when we lost one to Stoke but that’s all I can recall. Think I was at the tranmere one and saw us beat burton in one in fa cup also 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Rather good isn't it if you go back over the last 20 years I don't know the numbers but we win alot more than we lose. 

A pitch invasion seems abit much though.

I think the invasion was because Tranmere had done it before. 

16 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Well after seein the pics after penalties all I can say is that was stupid. Back in the day a good win against big boys in a cup then jump on the pitch. Now? No. Wouldnt be suprised if half the team get covid and Bradford cancelled after all the shit show of tickets. In these times the players need to stay in their bubble. No have 100s of ppl jumping on them. And all that for a win against mighty tranmere in a mickey mouse cup. Happy for the win as always

You're right, but come one. Great game, second in post lockdown - are you being a bit harsh? Probably not, but it is an emotional game in a very emotional period.

3 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Hahaha. The S is next to the D, but it still made me laugh (sorry BP). Tyrone is having such a bad time, but he'll be delighted...

My eyesight is getting  worse, but not bad enough to see Blyth flailing.

Brilliant game. Great win. 

Tonight…. Pidge>>>Clarke. Thought he was poor. Great pen miss too. 

Baha goal was incredible. Him and Fage have a great understanding.  Good performance from all except for Blyth, who just isn’t good enough. 

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

Abysmal. Tranmere just executed what we tried to do all game in 30 seconds. 

I would rip up Jameson’s and Pidge’s contract right now and play with 9 men. 

Pidge was very good as he was on Saturday. 

25 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Well after seein the pics after penalties all I can say is that was stupid. Back in the day a good win against big boys in a cup then jump on the pitch. Now? No. Wouldnt be suprised if half the team get covid and Bradford cancelled after all the shit show of tickets. In these times the players need to stay in their bubble. No have 100s of ppl jumping on them. And all that for a win against mighty tranmere in a mickey mouse cup. Happy for the win as always

Lot of pent up frustration.. 2.0nil down to come back and win on pens.. probably first game back for a few younger fans.. maybe reactionary to tranmere fans crashing an advertising board over after their second.. 

Hardly the end of the world in all fairness (as long as we avoid a fine)

We've won there is a bit feel good factor back at BP hopefully it won't be shirt lived.

Roll on Bratfud away (fingers crossed I get a ticket)

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Pidge was very good as he was on Saturday. 

@GKing521 are you serious? Do you actually watch the games?

Pidge was MoM this evening as he was on Saturday. 

Abysmal. Tranmere just executed what we tried to do all game in 30 seconds. 

Pidge was brilliant. Best CH on the pitch by some distance. 

15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

My eyesight is getting  worse, but not bad enough to see Blyth flailing.

and mine. nothing seems to work better as we get older...nothing.

but poor Blyth is really poor. I can not for the life of me understand the signing (although i wasn't there tonight, but rarely heard him mentioned).

2 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

but poor Blyth is really poor. I can not for the life of me understand the signing (although i wasn't there tonight, but rarely heard him mentioned).

He was poor. No positional sense and first touch is abysmal. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Pidge was brilliant. Best CH on the pitch by some distance. 

Pidge gives 100% in every game. Body on the line, every game. Again, i believe he was often the only defender we had in the second half of last season. He is what he is - honest player who gives everything he's got. Why criticise him for being anything else?

43 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

FFS 

50 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Merry Christmas.  Miserable Sod. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He was poor. No positional sense and first touch is abysmal. 

Hard to argue but he's only been brought in as a cheap squad player so prepared to give him a bit longer while hoping Hope, Dearnley etc are playing soon.

Whilst sticking up for the underdog I actually thought Jameson did ok tonight though like everyone else knew he was missing the pen.

After 2 games this is already a much better team than at any point last year. Hart and Cisse are really strong additions. Bowden looking to pull strings and didn't get knocked off the ball today. Stobbs very impressive having been in the wilderness. Bahamboula was a delight to watch in the flesh. Adding Hope Clarke and McGeahy and I think we'll do OK this year.

1 minute ago, astottie said:

After 2 games this is already a much better team than at any point last year. Hart and Cisse are really strong additions. Bowden looking to pull strings and didn't get knocked off the ball today. Stobbs very impressive having been in the wilderness. Bahamboula was a delight to watch in the flesh. Adding Hope Clarke and McGeahy and I think we'll do OK this year.

Bowden and Stobbs do deserve a special mention. Very good tonight. 

Great win tonight. Came up against another team that will be pushing for promotion (like Newport). We started really well and honestly felt a little lost seeing we were 2-0 down. Didn’t reflect what was happening on the pitch. To bring it back and even nearly

seal the deal towards the end has given me hope with this squad. Shame on me for my negative posts. 

Bahamboula and Fage = absolute fire. Messi was sat in Paris taking notes tonight. Fage seems to vibe off Bahamboula’s play and the two just link up so well together. Both had flare about their play: clever passes, quick feet, always on their toes and making runs. Caused chaos down that right wing. 10/10 for the pair of them. 

Stobbs had a really good game too. Good deliveries, quite gritty, just really gave it his all. Really impressed with him. 

Hart and Pidge are a good pairing. Feel like Hart will progress over the season. Pidge wearing his heart on his sleeve throughout the whole game (as he did on Saturday too).

DKD looked a little shaky again. Still very much involved but needs to release the ball a bit sooner and calm down when he has possession. Passion is there though. Same goes for Bowden tonight.

Cissé had another good game. Seems to breeze about but is good at winning the ball back and feeding the play. Could do with being a bit more sharp in high pressure situations but I rate him. 

Blyth is nowhere near League Two level. Not gonna dig too hard because he’s a human being like us all but he shouldn’t be starting - let alone be alone up front. Frustration heard when he got subbed off. Shame really.

Agree with most of the post but Whelan didn't play, take it you meant Bowden?

7 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Great win tonight. Came up against another team that will be pushing for promotion (like Newport). We started really well and honestly felt a little lost seeing we were 2-0 down. Didn’t reflect what was happening on the pitch. To bring it back and even nearly

seal the deal towards the end has given me hope with this squad. Shame on me for my negative posts. 

Bahamboula and Fage = absolute fire. Messi was sat in Paris taking notes tonight. Fage seems to vibe off Bahamboula’s play and the two just link up so well together. Both had flare about their play: clever passes, quick feet, always on their toes and making runs. Caused chaos down that right wing. 10/10 for the pair of them. 

Stobbs had a really good game too. Good deliveries, quite gritty, just really gave it his all. Really impressed with him. 

Hart and Pidge are a good pairing. Feel like Hart will progress over the season. Pidge wearing his heart on his sleeve throughout the whole game (as he did on Saturday too).

DKD looked a little shaky again. Still very much involved but needs to release the ball a bit sooner and calm down when he has possession. Passion is there though. Same goes for Whelan tonight.

Cissé had another good game. Seems to breeze about but is good at winning the ball back and feeding the play. Could do with being a bit more sharp in high pressure situations but I rate him. 

Blyth is nowhere near League Two level. Not gonna dig too hard because he’s a human being like us all but he shouldn’t be starting - let alone be alone up front. Frustration heard when he got subbed off. Shame really.

46 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Luamba is nowhere near ready yet, but still looked a big improvement.

Archived