MATCH: vs Tranmere Rovers (H) Carabao Cup 10/08/2021

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

But is that because he's a left-back?

Also, let's be honest, this is division four, not two or one.

So they can't go higher...remind me what level was one of greatest players Alan Groves at for most of his career?

Accccrinton 'tanley, who are they (drink milk).

We'll batter them...

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

So they can't go higher...remind me what level was one of greatest players Alan Groves at for most of his career?

Legend, not a straightforward comparison. Also, not top level. Ever. He played for Blackpool, Bournemouth, Southport, Chester and Shrewsbury. He really didn't do that much at a higher level, did he? Mainly a lower league player. Never top end. Actually proves my point. He wasn't in the same class as Ritchie, really, was he? Or Stainrod, or many others....and he shacked up with a ...leave it.

Okay, i'm checking out now before i get slaughtered. 

3 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Whilst it's not a given by to the next round (not sure many teams would be tbh) it's not a team that would be considered a cup upset if we won so in that sense.. 

Mmm- debatable. 

I’ve never bought into historical ‘big club’ rights. Or the thinking- ‘we’re Oldham, we’re a league one club at least’ We’re not, we are one of the worst teams in the country, and sadly accy is a scalp for us. 

Id give my right arm for their owner, league position, and proper community feel. 

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Accccrinton 'tanley, who are they (drink milk).

We'll batter them...

Legend, not a straightforward comparison. Also, not top level. Ever. He played for Blackpool, Bournemouth, Southport, Chester and Shrewsbury. He really didn't do that much at a higher level, did he? Mainly a lower league player. Never top end. Actually proves my point. He wasn't in the same class as Ritchie, really, was he? Or Stainrod, or many others....and he shacked up with a ...leave it.

Okay, i'm checking out now before i get slaughtered. 

You never saw him play then, but for bad luck with an injury he nearly went to Manchester United. He would have been a sensation there.

The best players aren't always at the top level.

Running the then England full back Phil Neal ragged at Anfield will forever live in the memory.

8 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hoping for Newcastle as my best friend is a Geordie 

or Burnley as my Burnley supporting mate lost his battle with cancer on Monday and he was gutted he was too ill to come to the friendly 

Really sorry to hear that Chaddy

17 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hoping for Newcastle as my best friend is a Geordie 

or Burnley as my Burnley supporting mate lost his battle with cancer on Monday and he was gutted he was too ill to come to the friendly 

Sorry to hear about your mate Chaddy, brings it home just how precious life is and why we shouldn't waste so much time trying to rationalise just what is happening at Latics (or any other organisation for that matter!) and try and live life to the full. Forget those who try to bring you down, concentrate on those whose time you value    

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived