BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 23rd Aug '21 Episode 46: Where do we go from here?

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

He needs to be withdrawn for a time to work on the basics.

He’s been here over 12 months with 2 preseasons under his belt why the hell should a professional footballer need to work on the basics….if he can’t do the basics by now there’s no point!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted on the pinned BPAS thread. I thought I'd place it here as well. 

I'd first of all like to echo the thoughts on the podcast. Excellent as usual and great to hear from Billy who was excellent in his short time with us and showed what can be achieved with the right attitude and commitment. 

I loved Andy's passion and that feeling amongst the fans is what we need to harness now rather than a Barryesque attitude that this is the way it is and the owner is entrenched. Let's give him both barrels and see. 

This has been discussed ad nauseum and it's sad to see some splits and name calling. I wondered if we could develop an approach that utilises the fact that some fans are boycotting and some attending in a two pronged attack. Small sacrifices would be needed for both groups. 

There is a third group, possibly older fans, who may not use social media and probably aren't fully aware of the whole situation. Bringing these people up to speed may bring more weight to our opposition. 

Could we firstly pick a home game and get as many fans as possible to attend. Fill the main stand and get a vocal group concentrated in the Jimmy Frizzell stand. As many wearing clown outfits and masks as possible. Chanting non stop like we did at Fulham both supporting the team and letting Mo know what we think about him. I'm boycotting but I'd be prepared to make the sacrifice of buying a match ticket for that one game and I could bring plenty with me. 

For the next home game have as near to a complete boycott as possible with a demonstration outside the ground. I understand the reasons for fans attending but I don't think missing one match is a lot to ask. If we talk to the people around us at the first match and explain what is happening in the second, it may be better observed. For those who insist on going, then maybe ask that they go in late or walk out with 15 minutes to go. 

There is a cancer eating our club away from the inside we need to be the surgeons to cut it out. Be as vocal as possible, keep your money away from funding this disastrous vanity project and regain the fucking faith. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'd first of all like to echo the thoughts on the podcast. Excellent as usual and great to hear from Billy who was excellent in his short time with us and showed what can be achieved with the right attitude and commitment. 

I loved Andy's passion and that feeling amongst the fans is what we need to harness now rather than a Barryesque attitude that this is the way it is and the owner is entrenched. Let's give him both barrels and see. 

This has been discussed ad nauseum and it's sad to see some splits and name calling. I wondered if we could develop an approach that utilises the fact that some fans are boycotting and some attending in a two pronged attack. Small sacrifices would be needed for both groups. 

There is a third group, possibly older fans, who may not use social media and probably aren't fully aware of the whole situation. Bringing these people up to speed may bring more weight to our opposition. 

Could we firstly pick a home game and get as many fans as possible to attend. Fill the main stand and get a vocal group concentrated in the Jimmy Frizzell stand. As many wearing clown outfits and masks as possible. Chanting non stop like we did at Fulham both supporting the team and letting Mo know what we think about him. I'm boycotting but I'd be prepared to make the sacrifice of buying a match ticket for that one game and I could bring plenty with me. 

For the next home game have as near to a complete boycott as possible with a demonstration outside the ground. I understand the reasons for fans attending but I don't think missing one match is a lot to ask. If we talk to the people around us at the first match and explain what is happening in the second, it may be better observed. For those who insist on going, then maybe ask that they go in late or walk out with 15 minutes to go. 

There is a cancer eating our club away from the inside we need to be the surgeons to cut it out. Be as vocal as possible, keep your money away from funding this disastrous vanity project and regain the fucking faith. 

Very good post. I don't see how anyone could object to this approach. If there aren't enough fancy dress outfitters in Oldham there must be a fair few red noses about. If either the demo game or the boycott game were Hartlepool, Jeff Stelling would surely pick up on it, as somebody has already suggested.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:31 AM, Worcester Owl said:

When we've got halfwit brother A and halfwit brother B involved, I don't think we need to split hairs.

Wasn't splitting hairs fellow Owl.

My point was really aimed at "focus". We desperately need to remain focussed. Forget about the brother, the manager, the goalkeeper, the physio or whoever. The SOLE problem that needs to be addressed is getting a new owner, who will breathe life back into our club. Everything else is a side show. We have way too many side shows and that's why I state elsewhere that we need a true leader to form strategy and keep everyone focussed. Otherwise this drags on until we are gone as a club.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:58 PM, Magic Mikey said:

I think the other thread on some sort of leadership of the campaign needs to be the first step. 

some good ideas floated about including yours but at the moment it just feels loads of small groups doing their own thing. There’s no clear plan, no defined outcome, I don’t see a joined up approach to target blitz’s part as well as ALMO. I don’t think the implications of boycotting and finance on our league status are being fully considered so until this is all worked through and something clearly communicated I won’t back it. 

13 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I think the other thread on some sort of leadership of the campaign needs to be the first step. 

some good ideas floated about including yours but at the moment it just feels loads of small groups doing their own thing. There’s no clear plan, no defined outcome, I don’t see a joined up approach to target blitz’s part as well as ALMO. I don’t think the implications of boycotting and finance on our league status are being fully considered so until this is all worked through and something clearly communicated I won’t back it. 

League status/finance/mo - are all a complete irrelevance. There are the problem, not the solution. 

Do you think the situation with the current owners can be improved in any way whatsoever??  

I don’t. 

Fans need to recognise - we are going down- either through admin or a lack of quality. If you think this is bad, we are nowhere near bottoming out yet IMO. 

We need to stop clinging onto to false hope, accept the situation and then drive it forward from there.

The only thing that matters is new ownership. That’s it. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

League status/finance/mo - are all a complete irrelevance. There are the problem, not the solution. 

Do you think the situation with the current owners can be improved in any way whatsoever??  

I don’t. 

Fans need to recognise - we are going down- either through admin or a lack of quality. If you think this is bad, we are nowhere near bottoming out yet IMO. 

We need to stop clinging onto to false hope, accept the situation and then drive it forward from there.

The only thing that matters is new ownership. That’s it. 

no I think they need to go along with blitz who is still a problem but league status is priority.

I don’t want to see us go into the abyss of non league at all costs. I want it to be put up for sale asap at a fair price and the club and ground to be one package. If that’s achieved I’m happy and then I’ll hope someone comes in to save us. That’s it. You just seem to want ALMO gone, but I don’t see any plan or who will buy just the name and badge atm. I would imagine we aren’t a million miles away from admin and extinction so would u want to risk pushing us over the edge?? 

20 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

no I think they need to go along with blitz who is still a problem but league status is priority.

I don’t want to see us go into the abyss of non league at all costs. I want it to be put up for sale asap at a fair price and the club and ground to be one package. If that’s achieved I’m happy and then I’ll hope someone comes in to save us. That’s it. You just seem to want ALMO gone, but I don’t see any plan or who will buy just the name and badge atm. I would imagine we aren’t a million miles away from admin and extinction so would u want to risk pushing us over the edge?? 

That’s where we disagree. 

In a perfect world I would totally agree with you. But you want is never going to happen. I hate that- but that is the stark reality. 

We won’t be sold for a ‘fair price’ whilst we are a league club. 

The ground and club won’t come together while AL is at the club. 

Our best hope is admin/relegation.(Again- I don’t want that, but that’s how bad things are) It would mean AL would be pushed out and at the very least a buyer for the badge could be found. My hope then- is that if the buyer picked the badge up for a song- he might- I stress might- have the money to buy blitz out.  Most importantly though it would give us some hope again. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

That’s where we disagree. 

In a perfect world I would totally agree with you. But you want is never going to happen. I hate that- but that is the stark reality. 

We won’t be sold for a ‘fair price’ whilst we are a league club. 

The ground and club won’t come together while AL is at the club. 

Our best hope is admin/relegation.(Again- I don’t want that, but that’s how bad things are) It would mean AL would be pushed out and at the very least a buyer for the badge could be found. My hope then- is that if the buyer picked the badge up for a song- he might- I stress might- have the money to buy blitz out.  Most importantly though it would give us some hope again. 

What makes you think relegation without admin. would push AL out? He may still hang on in the disbelief that he can get his money back. If we did get relegated, it would be very difficult getting back. It's far easier to be promoted from L2 than the NL.

Can we read from the recents comments of the club solicitor on TS, that the club owner is finally getting to the end? He was accusing the fans of killing the club by boycotting etc.

If so, is it time for OASF and PTB to ask for a meeting with AL to try and negotiate. The offer would be, if AL promised and complied with having his interest in the club valued and officially putting it up for sale for that figure, that the fans organisations would lobby the fans to return to watching and spending money to support the club. If not they would do nothing and allow the club to be starved of funds.  (Maybe they would even feel able to threaten to call for a full boycott.)

Time to turn up the central heating!

14 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Can we read from the recents comments of the club solicitor on TS, that the club owner is finally getting to the end? He was accusing the fans of killing the club by boycotting etc.

If so, is it time for OASF and PTB to ask for a meeting with AL to try and negotiate. The offer would be, if AL promised and complied with having his interest in the club valued and officially putting it up for sale for that figure, that the fans organisations would lobby the fans to return to watching and spending money to support the club. If not they would do nothing and allow the club to be starved of funds.  (Maybe they would even feel able to threaten to call for a full boycott.)

Yet Mo carries on oblivious.

14 minutes ago, Pidge said:

It’s a good idea, blitz needs the same though and potential action needed on starving him of his income if not. Problem is he’s likely in no rush nor prob has the same financial pressures so can afford to sit it out. 

4 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

It’s a good idea, blitz needs the same though and potential action needed on starving him of his income if not. Problem is he’s likely in no rush nor prob has the same financial pressures so can afford to sit it out. 

The strategy for Biltz would have to be different.

Maybe it would have to include, “if you don’t sell for a reasonable price, we will set Baz on you!”

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The strategy for Biltz would have to be different.

Maybe it would have to include, “if you don’t sell for a reasonable price, we will set Baz on you!”

I wonder if AL ever had it in mind to share another stadium and leave Blitz with just his stand?

20 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

I don't know if Blitz can be starved of income. The so called FLG run the OEC for Blitz and probably pay him rent and take anything extra themselves. Blitz is therefore guaranteed this rental income, whatever the fans do.

If the board are really worried about the protests as Moralee seems to say. Then perhaps the protests are working. BPAS and PTB are in no position to negotiate with AL. He wouldn't contemplate that IMO. He's not going to say, I want £x help me find someone to pay it is he. He would only negotiate with with a potential buyer. OASF, BPAS, PTB or anyone else, would have any say in who that buyer might be.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived