Curle or Embargo

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Do you mean you think we may go bump? lve had a few intrusive thoughts along these lines, but l'm not ready to entertain them yet.

Or is the embargo just an EFL thing? lf so would it be reimposed if we ever made it back?

Anybody feel free to answer, l understand Dave isn't the EFL Embargo Rules Head of Communication.

The bump  is a serious possibility to me.  If we go into admin we have no assets to sell to keep us going (unless it could be engineered to happen at the start of the transfer window and we could sell Bahamboula - but we clearly wouldn't get a decent price for a player in the last year of his contract being sold in desperation).  The administrator could not string things along unless someone was willing to fund it until a buyer is found.  That could realistically only be a buyer ready to stump up in advance of a purchase or Blitz.

Interesting point as to whether the embargo would apply if we were in NL - but in the absence of an owner willing to spend that kay be irrelevant anyway

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I have spoken after defeats to many managers and what they say to the media isn't what they really think.

Curle will know the players aren't doing what they are asked, but like our previous managers they have to work with the players recruited within a peanuts budget.

It's no coincidence there's a big turn over of managers here as they are all faced with the same problem of a badly run club.

The one who was closest to doing it IMO given time was Dino, with the makings of a decent team emerging.  

l thought Wild could have done something and even tho results didnt show it, Scholes was bringing Baby back and would have got us somewhere in the long run.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

The bump  is a serious possibility to me.  If we go into admin we have no assets to sell to keep us going (unless it could be engineered to happen at the start of the transfer window and we could sell Bahamboula - but we clearly wouldn't get a decent price for a player in the last year of his contract being sold in desperation).  The administrator could not string things along unless someone was willing to fund it until a buyer is found.  That could realistically only be a buyer ready to stump up in advance of a purchase or Blitz.

Interesting point as to whether the embargo would apply if we were in NL - but in the absence of an owner willing to spend that kay be irrelevant anyway

Yeah thought that's what you were saying. Going to allow my worry to click up 1%.
Blitz is such a millstone.

Love a metaphor me. Might run a few scenarios where administration/millstone blood sucker is shed/ALMO is shed/NL is embraced/freedom abounds/good times return.

My metaohorical example is the guy who falls off a mountain and lies with his hand trapped under a rock for the days drinking his own urine, before hacking off his hand in order to survive, ends up making millions from a film about it and marries Rachel Riley.

Rather than bleeding to death with sepsis.

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We believe the owner though don't we when he says he will never take the club into Administration?

I wouldn't put it past AL to see the club dropping into the NL so he could reduce the wage bill to wholly part time players. 

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We believe the owner though don't we when he says he will never take the club into Administration?

I wouldn't put it past AL to see the club dropping into the NL so he could reduce the wage bill to wholly part time players. 

It is not a decision he is in full control of

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Yes Bunn always forget him, even tho we lost 6-0 l was surprised he got booted.

You have to remember that Pete Wild, Frankie, Paul Scholes et al, had their hands tied firmly behind their backs by Mo's signings. Foreign imports are not as easy to come by now because of restricted travel and work from E.U. countries, so the availability of [those players] isn't there and we have to rely on cheap, frees and loans. Perhaps the most recent signings are therefore more likely to have Keefs input, if true, he must therefore take more responsibility unlike the previous incumbents.

3 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

You have to remember that Pete Wild, Frankie, Paul Scholes et al, had their hands tied firmly behind their backs by Mo's signings. Foreign imports are not as easy to come by now because of restricted travel and work from E.U. countries, so the availability of [those players] isn't there and we have to rely on cheap, frees and loans. Perhaps the most recent signings are therefore more likely to have Keefs input, if true, he must therefore take more responsibility unlike the previous incumbents.

Are you serious?  i don't think anyine has forgotten that Wild/Bunn/Scholes etc didn't have free rein.  Curle's hands have been equally tied by the embargo which makes building a competitive squad definitively impossible.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Are you serious?  i don't think anyine has forgotten that Wild/Bunn/Scholes etc didn't have free rein.  Curle's hands have been equally tied by the embargo which makes building a competitive squad definitively impossible.

I don't disagree with you, I just think he has had more input than others

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Could be wrong but think the latest Trust update said the embargo is due to end June 2022.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Any creditor can apply to have the club placed in the hands of administrators if there is a position of default on obligations.  It's then up to a court.

But if he pays the bills and puts in just enough to keep the club going on low wages is that what he means by keeping the club out of administration?

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

But if he pays the bills and puts in just enough to keep the club going on low wages is that what he means by keeping the club out of administration?

Romour of a £900k + tax bill left over from 2017 HMRC case does he have/ is wiling enough to pay that off ? Is the question 

17 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Romour of a £900k + tax bill left over from 2017 HMRC case does he have/ is wiling enough to pay that off ? Is the question 

According to Shahed (in his meeting with OASF) the HMRC money will be paid. It's not a rumour, it's fact. £1m was set aside in the accounts for it.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So you are saying we have a cash reserve over £1million?

Because knowone is going to lend us that?

No. Just that it was shown in the accounts (I shouldn't have said set aside, as that implies it's sitting in the bank) and we only have Shahed's  input to say it will be paid.

Archived