MATCH: vs Leeds United U21 (H) 28/09/21

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I think they had a better strike force than Dearnley.

They had Nicky Maynard for a start. He got two. Just looked at the Leeds team from the Tranmere game; there's only five, I think, from that game that are playing tonight.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

His distribution today has been good, but he always seems to get to a certain point in the match where he thinks he is Paolo Maldini and goes for some daft tackle or pass that he's not good enough for.

The fact he does it match after match makes me think he won't cut it.

Agreed. I watch him and think he's dong fine and then the accident that is always waiting to happen, happens

Just now, SweeperKeeper said:

We started at least a couple of matches with Sefil and Iacovitti as the centre back pairing, might as well have had Laurel and Hardy

I remember Sefil's first game at Forest Green Rovers. Gary Woods spent the entire game screaming at him telling where to stand and where to put the ball. It made no difference, though, Sefil still didn't know what he was doing.

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

We started at least a couple of matches with Sefil and Iacovitti as the centre back pairing, might as well have had Laurel and Hardy

When he left us, he went to play 12 games in the Luxembourg Division of Honour. At least he had 12 games in the top flight...

5 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Keillor-Dunn, another belter 2-3

Better with him and Whelan on, but its back pass Bowden who should have gone off not Bettache and Couto stayed on for the accident waiting to happen Diarra.

Having said that several of those Leeds kids will make a higher grade than us.

Every single Leeds player was rapid. Thats the difference. To say we played a crock up front, 3 kids and rested clarke and pierrgianni, I can't say I'm disappointed. Couto needed rest after Saturday so wise to take him off, stobbs only jus back so wise move too. Vaughan and Da Silva unfortunately looked out of their depth against these kids their age. Dkd and whelan showed how your supposed to play but jameson shouldn't be near our team and diarra shouldn't be near defence. Centre mid breaking play up. But like I said, speed won it for them. They nicked the ball so many times with speed. Dont think curle was treating this anythin other than a training session 

Archived