MATCH: vs Sutton United (H) 08/01/22

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BP1960 said:

The  snow and rain was forecast well in advance giving the club ample time to prevent a postponement.

Maybe no coincidence the last very good groundsman left the club.

Perhaps he's gone to Curzon Ashton who managed to get their match on?

I spent three hours this morning in waders in the river that runs past the bottom of my garden clearing blockages to try to prevent it flooding.  Maybe I'll send them up for the groundstaff to use.

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How do you know, have you seen the pitch, and the fact there's been no rain since noon and none forecast gives 3 hours attention and time to drain. Isn't it supposed to be a pitch that drains well?  I saw 1960s/70s matches on snow and mud heaps. 

The game has gone soft.

When they used to put mats down to soak up the water at the Chaddy end, then put them through an old hand ringer to squeeze the water out. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I spent three hours this morning in waders in the river that runs past the bottom of my garden clearing blockages to try to prevent it flooding.  Maybe I'll send them up for the groundstaff to use.

This is Oldham,  I live a stones throw from the ground and I've not seen one garden in my vicinity waterlogged, and that's with no attention given to them during the snow and rain.

9 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

You maybe ok!

No Mo to do any transfer deals then. Unless he brings in some foreign super stars from the French 5th. division.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

This is Oldham,  I live a stones throw from the ground and I've not seen one garden in my vicinity waterlogged, and that's with no attention given to them during the snow and rain.

Great. 

It is still THE REFS call. The pitch is apparently playable now. Even more reason then to blame the ref!

FFS. It’s not difficult to understand. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Yes it's the ref that makes the decision,  We've no idea if enough work was put in to give it the best chance

Well… comments are that by kick off it was playable. This is on the ref.  It’s ok to admit this was the refs call. It doesn’t mean you suddenly love the regime. 🙄

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I see Curzon Ashton have got their match on, but thats a million miles away and a professionally run club.

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Why? Different pitch, different place. Yes games took place on heavy pitches in the past (particularly 40 to 50 years ago) and this ref didn’t let the game go ahead. Nothing to do with the club. 

Incidentally. Colchester v Rochdale called off at 2.30 pm. 

49 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No excuse for not playing today, forget all this Ref makes the call bollocks, we all know that !

Just another example of total ineptitude. 

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Great. 

It is still THE REFS call. The pitch is apparently playable now. Even more reason then to blame the ref!

FFS. It’s not difficult to understand. 

What @kowenickisaid! 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well… comments are that by kick off it was playable. This is on the ref.  It’s ok to admit this was the refs call. It doesn’t mean you suddenly love the regime. 🙄

Nobody can tell if it's playable just by looking at it

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Yes it's the ref that makes the decision,  We've no idea if enough work was put in to give it the best chance

1:10 was very early to call the game off. The ref. could have given it another hour to see how it drained. It's not as though he was helping out the Sutton fans, unless he was thinking of ours. It will have cost AL though, having to pay Sutton's expenses. No doubt they stayed overnight somewhere.

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

1:10 was very early to call the game off. The ref. could have given it another hour to see how it drained. It's not as though he was helping out the Sutton fans, unless he was thinking of ours. It will have cost AL though, having to pay Sutton's expenses. No doubt they stayed overnight somewhere.

correct… and obvious to anyone looking at this objectively. 

Archived