Potential THIRD Shezurrection

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, disjointed said:

Yep, shut down at least 12 months ago, not been past there for a while, most probably houses on it now. 

I'm sure the older posters on here remember Belle Vue as a top place with the fairground and beer halls. Used to get the bus from Middleton and then the 53 from Queens Park Rd. Happy days

Jeeez, I can smell it now!!!

Still have my aces jacket!

5 hours ago, disjointed said:

Yep, shut down at least 12 months ago, not been past there for a while, most probably houses on it now. 

I'm sure the older posters on here remember Belle Vue as a top place with the fairground and beer halls. Used to get the bus from Middleton and then the 53 from Queens Park Rd. Happy days

Yep me too! Sad news that it’s gone.

1 hour ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Stu Smith...

Harry Wainman? Only went to stock cars once, think it was Harry Wainman. 

Went to watch Aces in some final this season v Peterborough, won at Belle Vue but lost on aggregate, not really my scene but decent experience as never done speedway before. 

Loved the Greyhounds although seldom won   

Just now, L1onheartNew said:

Come to think of it, I still have grit scars on my temple from standing too close to the barriers

Belle vue Aces in the late 70s, early 80s was as good as watching Dave Hughes single handedly destroying all and sundry l in the B & H trophy.

2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Harry Wainman? Only went to stock cars once, think it was Harry Wainman. 

Went to watch Aces in some final this season v Peterborough, won at Belle Vue but lost on aggregate, not really my scene but decent experience as never done speedway before. 

Loved the Greyhounds although seldom won   

Frankie Wainman it was, him and Stu Smith had a ding dong rivalry. 

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Come to think of it, I still have grit scars on my temple from standing too close to the barriers

My friend’s uncle owned the souvenir kiosk in the early 70’s used to go with them, loved it.

I can confirm the pain from that grit was very real 😂 

Archived