Potential THIRD Shezurrection

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proven track record of getting poor Latics sides out of the shit, club legend, would have the full backing of the fans which will translate to higher gate revenues and best of all it won’t cost a penny…

From the clown brothers point of view what do they have to lose? 

If he was handed full control and some financial backing it would be the way to go but he has bad history with the Lemmies and we know how they work.

If Mo sticks his oar in It could end with him walking out very quickly and then we’d be totally fucked!!

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If he was handed full control and some financial backing it would be the way to go but he has bad history with the Lemmies and we know how they work.

If Mo sticks his oar in It could end with him walking out very quickly and then we’d be totally fucked!!

There literally is nothing to lose at this stage. Club is totally fucked anyway, Sheridan will waiver a wage and maybe add more bums on seats, which should play right into their hands. No manager in his right mind will come to this toxic club, Sheridan at least has a genuine connection and concern for its wellbeing and survival. They should, in my opinion, bring him in.

I don't know the truth of the offer being made three weeks ago, the team hasn't played much since then, but unless they have someone lined up, then they would be utter idiots not to take him on. I also suspect a bit of fear on the Lemmy's part may be involved.

16 minutes ago, Wardie said:

There literally is nothing to lose at this stage. Club is totally fucked anyway, Sheridan will waiver a wage and maybe add more bums on seats, which should play right into their hands. No manager in his right mind will come to this toxic club, Sheridan at least has a genuine connection and concern for its wellbeing and survival. They should, in my opinion, bring him in.

I don't know the truth of the offer being made three weeks ago, the team hasn't played much since then, but unless they have someone lined up, then they would be utter idiots not to take him on. I also suspect a bit of fear on the Lemmy's part may be involved.

Which unfortunately that is exactly what they are. We are dealing with 2 of the worlds thickest men here.

In the absence of any other solution this looks like a gift horse that we can't turn down.

I won't blame him and neither should anyoneelse if it doesn't come off this time though.

But him and 3 more signings of Sheridans choosing sacrificing couto and possibly Vaughan meaning we are no long under embargo might just be enough to keep us up. It might also be enough for me and several others to get back down to BP.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Struggling to sleep and so decided to pen my thoughts on this whole sorry mess!

The last 3 or 4 seasons for me are without doubt the worst in living memory and as a result I have come very close to walking away from the club completely.

I went to my first match with my father in 1960 so believe me when I say that I’ve seen some shite in my time because I really have seen some shite.

I’ve seen it all, Re-elections, relegations, administrations, and almost a liquidation, however, through all those bad times there was always an expectation and belief that somehow we would get through it and fortunately we always did.

In the early days it was Ken Bates who walked away and then in recent times, Chris Moore, Simon Corney, Blitz & Gazal who have promised so much yet delivered so little and have all contributed to this sorry state of mixed ownership that we find ourselves in today.

However, what we are witnessing now is something much worse. We have a group of people running the shop who bought the club for all the wrong reasons, had no idea what they were buying into, are culturally different, have absolutely no affinity or connection with the town, the football club, or it’s supporters and who quite frankly, despite AL’s latest comments, don’t appear to care either.

They haven’t delivered on any of their previous promises and until the club has actually changed hands I won’t believe it is actually ‘For Sale’.

John Sheridan is not perfect, far from it, but he is one of us. He loves the club he has played for and managed and just getting someone in who actually cares could make all the difference and give us the hope and the encouragement to get properly behind our team.

I’ve been watching games on autopilot lately and have actually forgotten what it’s really like to support my football club. The expectation pre match, the despair when conceding, the euphoria when scoring, the relief at the final whistle, checking the table, and then in the pub for the inquest.

I will be at Scunthorpe on the 5th of February where I sincerely hope it will be Shez picking the team. It would be bloody awesome to fully enjoy the experience of a proper ‘away day’ once again and have a full end of 1500 tics roaring the team on to victory!!

It won’t cost AL a penny and it could provide the very best outcome for all concerned. Bring it on I say, there’s nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Well said. I went to my first match in 1965 so I have a good understanding of what you  are describing. Let’s hope there are better times ahead, but things need to move quickly now, and these two clowns need to be gone. Bringing Shez back looks like a no-brainer but AL and Mo are pretty clueless so I can’t see it happening unfortunately. 😡

46 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Well said. I went to my first match in 1965 so I have a good understanding of what you  are describing. Let’s hope there are better times ahead, but things need to move quickly now, and these two clowns need to be gone. Bringing Shez back looks like a no-brainer but AL and Mo are pretty clueless so I can’t see it happening unfortunately. 😡

You went to your first match at 59 years old. ? 🤔

59 minutes ago, philwhite said:

No thanks 🙄

when he was last here weren’t we winless in the first 10 games ?

On the plus side if he does come back Belle-Vue has gone so no shenanigans there.

Different circumstances. 

That was at peak-Lemsegam incompetence when they turned up at the training ground with a coach-load of their crap clients and started throwing their weight around.  He saw the way it was going, wasn't being respected, wasn't happy and had had enough.  Now, he'd be the one calling the shots as he's the one offering help.  If they want his help, it'd be on his terms and any sign of funny business, he'd be out the door and then the Lemsegems' incompetence would be even more exposed.

Archived