Potential THIRD Shezurrection

If AL is serious about selilng, then there's no future for Mo at the club. If he's in Germany a lot, then why not end it now with him and tell him to step away. We have an opportunity to bring in a club legend, who has done this for us twice before, will galvanise a large number of the fan base and almost certainly put more bums on seats.  Also, he knows the club and the facilities, so there'll be no period of getting used to it or shock about how shit it all is!

If AL wants to deliver on the promises of his recent statement, he'll appoint Shez, tell Mo to keep away from the club, do his absolute best to maximise revenue from selling youngsters to pay off the loan and give a bit of budget to Shez for him to bring the players he needs before the end of the window. Then market the absolute chuff out of an 11 game mini season ticket.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If AL is serious about selilng, then there's no future for Mo at the club. If he's in Germany a lot, then why not end it now with him and tell him to step away. We have an opportunity to bring in a club legend, who has done this for us twice before, will galvanise a large number of the fan base and almost certainly put more bums on seats.  Also, he knows the club and the facilities, so there'll be no period of getting used to it or shock about how shit it all is!

If AL wants to deliver on the promises of his recent statement, he'll appoint Shez, tell Mo to keep away from the club, do his absolute best to maximise revenue from selling youngsters to pay off the loan and give a bit of budget to Shez for him to bring the players he needs before the end of the window. Then market the absolute chuff out of an 11 game mini season ticket.

stuff of fairy tales is that 

On planet Abdallah can you seriously see him getting his brother to step aside on team matters and Selim being pushed back to coach the Academy.

Even my dreams cant stretch that far

16 minutes ago, tGWB said:

stuff of fairy tales is that 

On planet Abdallah can you seriously see him getting his brother to step aside on team matters and Selim being pushed back to coach the Academy.

Even my dreams cant stretch that far

It would begin to build bridges with the fans, he's selling so Mo's out sooner or later anyway, Selim and Marlin can put their energies back into the youth team, it would probably be a net financial win for him seeing as Shez is free and attendances would probably go up, and we're showing no signs of avoiding the drop as we are so this might be his only chance of selling a league 2 club rather than a national league club.

But to answer your question, no I can't see him doing that. Not at all.

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It would begin to build bridges with the fans, he's selling so Mo's out sooner or later anyway, Selim and Marlin can put their energies back into the youth team, it would probably be a net financial win for him seeing as Shez is free and attendances would probably go up, and we're showing no signs of avoiding the drop as we are so this might be his only chance of selling a league 2 club rather than a national league club.

Makes too much sense for it to happen 

Whatever you think of JS as a manager .... This offer, if its genuine is one we should be taking up .... maybe he is whats needed to get the best out of what we have .... he lives a charmed life at BP and has nothing at all to gain or lose other than his reputation ....... It would be interesting at least, worth backing. Wonder what PTB and the trust think ..... is it worth getting behind ?

5 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Whatever you think of JS as a manager .... This offer, if its genuine is one we should be taking up .... maybe he is whats needed to get the best out of what we have .... he lives a charmed life at BP and has nothing at all to gain or lose other than his reputation ....... It would be interesting at least, worth backing. Wonder what PTB and the trust think ..... is it worth getting behind ?

Push the Boundary have said that they wrote to the club earlier in the week asking them to seriously consider the offer

They have not advised if they have had a response 

Very simple questions with probably very simple answers:

Is it possible that his appointment would improve matters?  Yes

Do we have any other irons in the fire to rescue the situation?  No

Would it bugger up my bet on Benachour? Yes

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Push the Boundary have said that they wrote to the club earlier in the week asking them to seriously consider the offer

They have not advised if they have had a response 

Just a wild guess...... No.

57 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Very simple questions with probably very simple answers:

Is it possible that his appointment would improve matters?  Yes

Do we have any other irons in the fire to rescue the situation?  No

Would it bugger up my bet on Benachour? Yes

After the Rochdale game it is then 👍

Can't see it happening.  Saying you'll do something for nothing is an easy thing to say if you know there's little chance of it happening.  He'll also want an assistant, and I can't see Tommy Wright (if he's allowed) doing it for bugger all as well.

That said, if he has actually said this it would indicate he's open to taking on with the lowly pay they'd offer him,we desperately need a manager and given his track record here  (if not elsewhere) they should definitely talk to him and see if something can be done.

As we all know though, what they should do and what they actually do are two entirely different things.

7 hours ago, philwhite said:

No thanks 🙄

when he was last here weren’t we winless in the first 10 games ?

On the plus side if he does come back Belle-Vue has gone so no shenanigans there.

What??? Belle Vue gone? When did that happen?

Apologies for the deflection, but I hadn't heard that, cut off in the sticks.

5 hours ago, nzlatic said:

We simply don't need sensible and logical posts like that, @nzlatic. Be reasonable.

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

That's more like it. Unfortunately.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Imagine the reaction if we were being linked with anyone else who had lost 33 of their previous 48 matches...

Horses for courses. He's shown this is the type of basket case scenario he can make an impact upon.   

11 minutes ago, real said:

Horses for courses. He's shown this is the type of basket case scenario he can make an impact upon.   

Not sure Swindon or Wigan fans would agree...

Those videos of him at Swindon shouting and balling at players were embarrassing.

But I get that folk love a bit of nostalgia.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure Swindon or Wigan fans would agree...

Those videos of him at Swindon shouting and balling at players were embarrassing.

But I get that folk love a bit of nostalgia.

Appreciate it's probably just more condescending contrarianism, but do you have any realistic alternative options that the club could take?

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Appreciate it's probably just more condescending contrarianism, but do you have any realistic alternative options that the club could take?

I appreciate our options are currently limited for a number of reasons. We had the most experienced manager you could get in L2 and everyone wanted him sacked. If you want a name then I thought Chris Beech did an excellent job at Carlisle.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I appreciate our options are currently limited for a number of reasons. We had the most experienced manager you could get in L2 and everyone wanted him sacked. If you want a name then I thought Chris Beech did an excellent job at Carlisle.

There's probably quite a long list of available managers that would on paper probably do a better job than Sheridan.  But there are a few unique reasons that make Sheridan a good option, mainly him being free and not wanting a long term contract. But also his familiarity with the fans and the club which could give him an edge.  At the very least he has to be better option than no wins Selim.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

What??? Belle Vue gone? When did that happen?

Apologies for the deflection, but I hadn't heard that, cut off in the sticks.

Yep, shut down at least 12 months ago, not been past there for a while, most probably houses on it now. 

I'm sure the older posters on here remember Belle Vue as a top place with the fairground and beer halls. Used to get the bus from Middleton and then the 53 from Queens Park Rd. Happy days

Archived