MATCH: vs Bradford City (H) 19/02/22

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely mint today again. Atmosphere pre and post up there with as good as ever. Clarke and missilou dominated. Whelan outmuscled someone today! He’s actually turned into a midfielder. Solid at back and carrying a decent threat. Hope put himself about and obv got on end of that gray cross for the first. Need to keep riding this wave in next few weeks. Never been Colchester but I’m going looking at how u get there 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Incredible how every single player is better under Shez. Some are totally transformed. 

That back 4 is now as solid as I’ve seen in years.  

Special mention for Clarke and Missile… immense today. 

The midfield definitely needed someone like Missilou, how the fuck the previous incumbents couldn't see this, is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Absolutely mint today again. Atmosphere pre and post up there with as good as ever. Clarke and missilou dominated. Whelan outmuscled someone today! He’s actually turned into a midfielder. Solid at back and carrying a decent threat. Hope put himself about and obv got on end of that gray cross for the first. Need to keep riding this wave in next few weeks. Never been Colchester but I’m going looking at how u get there 

For Colchester you need to look up, back of beyond, and then go a bit further. 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

I think it's fair to assume that Shez came back on the condition that Mo stopped interfering. The thing that would have made it impossible for any other manager. Having said that, what Shez has done with basically the same squad is nigh on miraculous. 

I believe this is most probably the case because the Brothers Grimm must realise a club in the National League is not going to sell as attractively as a League Two club, therefore, keep your effing nose out Mo because you know zilch about team tactics and management. I just hope at the first sniff of interference, Sheridan punches his light out...with Abdallah's blessing, of course. :D 

We also cannot rule out just how much the interference affected the players, the dressing room and their mental ability/willingness to commit to the game and the club, as it stood at the time.

28 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If we win next week Shez will have accumulated 33% of our season's pointe in 6 games

He’s got 11 (in 5 games) out of a season total of 29, so he’s already got more than 33% Dave.

Unbelievable. I literally have that buzz back again, all because of 1 man. It’s been a few years since I’ve even contemplated the likes of Newport and Colchester away, and i’ll be there at Colchester next week, as I was Newport last week. 
Shez rightfully getting the plaudits, but fair play to the players as well. I was clearly happy when Shez came back, but I just didn’t see these types of performance from this group of players. Shows how shit KC and Selim were. 
Not 1 player had a bad game today in my opinion. It’s not always pretty, but it works, and they put everything in to every game, which is all we want. 
Clarke was on another level today, and whats happened to Whelan. Looks a real player alongside Chris who is such a massive addition to this side, and just what we needed.

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

4 weeks ago he was the worst player ever to pull on the shirt, according to some on here. 

Possibly the difference between playing in a settled environment under a manager who knows what he wants and how to go about it, as opposed to having a megalomaniac coming into the dressing room, undermining the manager and creating unrest in the players. Curle and Benachour tell them one thing then the clown comes in and tells them another.

Chaos reigns.

21 minutes ago, disjointed said:

How did Stobbs play today? 

15 minutes ago, daniel said:

Did well. I think Shez likes him, and gets the best from him. He was good at Newport also. 

I thought he was the weakest link today tbh. Didn't think he offered much going forward and defensively he's not the strongest.  Part of a team that did well though.

5 minutes ago, astottie said:

I thought he was the weakest link today tbh. Didn't think he offered much going forward and defensively he's not the strongest.  Part of a team that did well though.

Me too. Let’s not get carried away. He did ok first half. He was the poor second half. 

5 minutes ago, astottie said:

Don’t get me wrong, if I had to list players from worst to best today Stobbs would probably be at the bottom, but he’s still a million times better than what he was offering under the 2 previous managers. He’ll never set the world alight, but he puts a shift in and is direct at least.

19 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Him and about 14 others and people weren’t wrong then.  They are showing what they are capable of now 

I wasn't having a go at those who said he was shite, I'm just glad the maligned players are showing there true colours. 

Archived