New PTB and OASF joint statement.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Both groups are working incredibly hard at bringing potential investors to the table and to gain the ear of influential people that can provide assistance, whether it be local businessmen, OMBC, MP’s, other supporters Trusts, or even the Mayor of Greater Manchester.

I wouldn’t have bothered with Burnham either. Absolute chancer who just likes attaching himself to causes that may have a positive outcome for some reflective glory. The way he’s ‘handled’ the CAZ is telling. Never his fault. 

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Does this mean we are past the period of 'takeovers don't happen overnight' ?

Why are you so disparaging or snide to absolutely everything they do? You offer nothing constructive, and it’s really tedious. Particularly when they’re grafting their bollocks off. 

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Why are you so disparaging or snide to absolutely everything they do? You offer nothing constructive, and it’s really tedious. Particularly when they’re grafting their bollocks off. 

Because there's no consistency to the messaging. Either takeovers take a while to complete or they don't, which one is it?

33 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I wouldn’t have bothered with Burnham either. Absolute chancer who just likes attaching himself to causes that may have a positive outcome for some reflective glory. The way he’s ‘handled’ the CAZ is telling. Never his fault. 

Dear Mr. Burnham, a failed politician who would lie through his back teeth to get a medal.

34 minutes ago, League one forever said:

@deyres42 would argue that grass wasn’t green if it was a reason to be argumentative. The amount of times I’ve asked for what he would do and the replies never are forthcoming with anything of note. 

44 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Unfortunately it’s about playing a game. Whether we agree with the individuals or not they hold keys to certain areas that could help us. 

To disregard someone for their reputation isn’t wise when looking for support in safe guarding the club. 

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Because there's no consistency to the messaging. Either takeovers take a while to complete or they don't, which one is it?

Really. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

You’ll have to do better than that. Or at least be funny when you’re fishing because that’s just nonsense. 

As the statement quite clearly states they have and will react accordingly to what a private businessman is doing or not doing. 

But you want them to keep a consistent message irrespective of what’s in front of them. . . 

Okaaaaay. 

16 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

@deyres42 would argue that grass wasn’t green if it was a reason to be argumentative. The amount of times I’ve asked for what he would do and the replies never are forthcoming with anything of note. 

And I've told you and your colleagues plenty of times it isn't my organisation and I don't claim to think I would know better so what I would or wouldn't do is irrelevant.

I will criticise where I see fit and I'll give credit when it is due.

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Really. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

You’ll have to do better than that. Or at least be funny when you’re fishing because that’s just nonsense. 

As the statement quite clearly states they have and will react accordingly to what a private businessman is doing or not doing. 

But you want them to keep a consistent message irrespective of what’s in front of them. . . 

Okaaaaay. 

The statement is clearly a precursor to asking people to boycott (again). But if takeovers don't happen overnight we don't need a reaction/statement. If that stance has now changed, fine. But if it has it does rather reinforce my point...

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

And I've told you and your colleagues plenty of times it isn't my organisation and I don't claim to think I would know better so what I would or wouldn't do is irrelevant.

Still no suggestion of what you would do… 

Just now, adamoafc said:

Still no suggestion of what you would do… 

There's not a lot anybody can do Adam, ultimately it will come down to whether or not a multi millionaire is willing to spend a chunk of their fortune owning Oldham Athletic.

If boycotting, shouting, throwing stuff makes you or anyone else feel like you are making a difference then good on them.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The statement is clearly a precursor to asking people to boycott (again). But if takeovers don't happen overnight we don't need a reaction/statement. If that stance has now changed, fine. But if it has it does rather reinforce my point...

Your obsession with how a group of fans operate over the bigger picture is genuinely really sad. 

Your right, it is a precursor to boycotting again- and exactly what I would expect them to do and advocate following the defending silence of our great leader since his statement , and the stench of BO re-emerging. 

Can you clarify, where have they said ‘takeovers happen overnight’ and the change of stance away from this? Because this only exits in your mind, and is completely made up. 

I do remember them saying we expect the club to keep us updated, and they’ve heard nothing- thus they’re reacting to that. 

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There's not a lot anybody can do Adam,

If that’s how you see it- fine. 

38 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

So in your own words- why criticise people who do want to do something? 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Your obsession with how a group of fans operate over the bigger picture is genuinely really sad. 

Your right, it is a precursor to boycotting again- and exactly what I would expect them to do and advocate following the defending silence of our great leader since his statement , and the stench of BO re-emerging. 

Can you clarify, where have they said ‘takeovers happen overnight’ and the change of stance away from this? Because this only exits in your mind, and is completely made up. 

I do remember them saying we expect the club to keep us updated, and they’ve heard nothing- thus they’re reacting to that. 

@adamoafc has regularly said takeovers don't happen overnight. I don't disagree. The club has only been publicly for sale since January.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

@adamoafc has regularly said takeovers don't happen overnight. I don't disagree. The club has only been publicly for sale since January.

Taking part of what’s said again to get a bite. Quite sad really. 

Takeovers don’t happen overnight but when working with Abdallah it’s proving even more difficult for genuine businessmen to get anywhere. 

There's not a lot anybody can do Adam, ultimately it will come down to whether or not a multi millionaire is willing to spend a chunk of their fortune owning Oldham Athletic.

This sentiment is so short sighted and lacking in imagination. And is straight out of the Barry Owen playbook. Which is why he spends his time cosying up to which ever individual involved he thinks he can best leech off. 

A mobilised and active fan base as part of a community based consortium that is heavily involved in operating a self sufficient football club is achievable. Not easy, far from it, but it’s something to aspire to and work towards.

44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If that’s how you see it- fine. 

So in your own words- why criticise people who do want to do something? 

My criticism is related to the lack of consistency in the messaging. I wouldn't criticise anyone for doing something even if I do think it is mostly futile.

44 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Taking part of what’s said again to get a bite. Quite sad really. 

Takeovers don’t happen overnight but when working with Abdallah it’s proving even more difficult for genuine businessmen to get anywhere. 

It's a easy deal. Both parties are desperate to sell. You could get the lot and have plenty of change left over from 8 million. If these 'geniune businessmen' haven't got what is chicken feed in football terms to get it done then don't waste your time with them.

42 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This sentiment is so short sighted and lacking in imagination. And is straight out of the Barry Owen playbook. Which is why he spends his time cosying up to which ever individual involved he thinks he can best leech off. 

A mobilised and active fan base as part of a community based consortium that is heavily involved in operating a self sufficient football club is achievable. Not easy, far from it, but it’s something to aspire to and work towards.

It is a lovely idea but even community clubs generally have people involved who have serious money don't they? If we have any such people then they have done a very good job in keeping themselves hidden.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

It's a easy deal. Both parties are desperate to sell. You could get the lot and have plenty of change left over from 8 million. If these 'geniune businessmen'

Plucked from thin air, based on nothing other than your imagination. 

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

My criticism is related to the lack of consistency in the messaging. I wouldn't criticise anyone for doing something even if I do think it is mostly futile.

You’ve just don’t it again. 

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It's a easy deal. Both parties are desperate to sell. You could get the lot and have plenty of change left over from 8 million. If these 'geniune businessmen' haven't got what is chicken feed in football terms to get it done then don't waste your time with them.

This makes no sense. Genuine businessmen wouldn’t overpay for something just because it’s “chicken feed”.

24 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If its going to take 8 million to buy lock stock and barrel, then the only option is doing a Bury and reforming then try and work our way through the pyramid, there is no way anyone will pay that price. 

Archived