New PTB and OASF joint statement.

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Militant is totally the wrong word. I’d say they’re being proactive. And after years of a passive/submissive trust it’s a much welcome change of approach. 

Lofty ambitions may be hard to achieve but it’s better than having no ambition. 

For all the back slapping apart from trashing the work of previous Trust directors and trashing any relationship with the club what has actually been achieved? Growing the membership a small win yes. Other than that it seems to consist of a few surveys, some ridiculous talk about raising a million quid and losing nearly as many directors as they recruited.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit I find the direction they are going in a tad confusing, if all the problems we have suddenly disappear by putting a club legend in charge then they really couldn't have amounted to much, if this team had been given the support it's receiving now earlier in the season then we probably would find ourselves welcoming Northampton on Friday sitting in lower mid table.

I'm far from Eyres' biggest fan as he loves to go against the grain but you cannot deny any protest now will lose credibility, you cannot switch on and off a boycott because your principals have changed, if Shez was bringing investors with him I get it but as far as I am aware he is not so why are we happy to flood the club with money in relative terms because all you are doing is stabilising the Lemsagams position whether we stay up or not.

I'm not after an argument on here I just feel that PTB and OASF have got this one wrong and I know plenty who are involved.

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Must admit I find the direction they are going in a tad confusing, if all the problems we have suddenly disappear by putting a club legend in charge then they really couldn't have amounted to much, if this team had been given the support it's receiving now earlier in the season then we probably would find ourselves welcoming Northampton on Friday sitting in lower mid table.

I'm far from Eyres' biggest fan as he loves to go against the grain but you cannot deny any protest now will lose credibility, you cannot switch on and off a boycott because your principals have changed, if Shez was bringing investors with him I get it but as far as I am aware he is not so why are we happy to flood the club with money in relative terms because all you are doing is stabilising the Lemsagams position whether we stay up or not.

I'm not after an argument on here I just feel that PTB and OASF have got this one wrong and I know plenty who are involved.

I suppose as in life, you make a call as it seems the right thing to do, PTB are making a call but it is up to the individual to exercise their own judgement. If the boycott had remained I imagine there would have been large numbers returning anyway upon Shez's appointment. 

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Who said all of our problems disappeared when Shez came back? You say you're not after an argument but you're making shit up in order to try and create one. 

The boycott, the return under Shez and a further boycott all make perfect sense. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

For all the back slapping apart from trashing the work of previous Trust directors and trashing any relationship with the club what has actually been achieved? Growing the membership a small win yes. Other than that it seems to consist of a few surveys, some ridiculous talk about raising a million quid and losing nearly as many directors as they recruited.

What would we be expecting them to achieve realistically though? 

I’ve no issue with questioning achievements but given they have very limited power to affect major changes quickly, what would you have expected them to have done that they haven’t?

18 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I suppose as in life, you make a call as it seems the right thing to do, PTB are making a call but it is up to the individual to exercise their own judgement. If the boycott had remained I imagine there would have been large numbers returning anyway upon Shez's appointment. 

I also think there was a certain amount of acting in good faith. Two of the main issues were wanting AL to sell and for Mo to stop meddling in the 1st team. The statement about selling and then Shez’s appointment suggested both of those concerns were being acknowledged. 

As always, they have thrown that good faith back in the faces of the fans seemingly with this Barry-led operation to keep the Lemsagams in place. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I wouldn't say we are flooding the club with money - we've sold 200 season tickets so far whilst me and many others are not considering renewing if the fuckwit twins are in charge regardless of league status 

I don’t think it’s confusing in the slightest. Shez returning to try and save the club and Abdallah announcing his intentions to sell changed the ball game. 

All of a sudden a possible situation appears where the fans give the team every support until the end of the season to preserve our all-important league status in preparation for new ownership to take the reigns in summer.

Now clearly Barry Owen has wormed his way back in again and it looks as though the Lemsagams will go back on their word. Assuming that happens, the situation changes again and we’re back to square one, whichever league we’re in, and full focus must be on how, as fans, we can try to force them out. I assume that will be PTB’s next stance and it makes perfect sense to me.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

What would we be expecting them to achieve realistically though? 

I’ve no issue with questioning achievements but given they have very limited power to affect major changes quickly, what would you have expected them to have done that they haven’t?

Haven't got any particularly strong views on what they should or shouldn't be doing, just think if you are going to consistently bash the work of your predecessors then you need to back that up with your own body of work.

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

A friend and I volunteered through the survey but no response was ever received.

Despite my backing of PTB and OASF’s stance and actions so far, I did find this a bit odd. I too filled out the survey but didn’t hear anything. Now, that could be that my ‘skills’ aren’t worth much to them which I’d probably agree with but do find it a bit odd if no one heard back from it 

20 minutes ago, south east latic said:

I don’t think it’s confusing in the slightest. Shez returning to try and save the club and Abdallah announcing his intentions to sell changed the ball game. 

All of a sudden a possible situation appears where the fans give the team every support until the end of the season to preserve our all-important league status in preparation for new ownership to take the reigns in summer.

Now clearly Barry Owen has wormed his way back in again and it looks as though the Lemsagams will go back on their word. Assuming that happens, the situation changes again and we’re back to square one, whichever league we’re in, and full focus must be on how, as fans, we can try to force them out. I assume that will be PTB’s next stance and it makes perfect sense to me.

If we stay up and Sheri or another popular figure is appointed manager in the summer are people really going to support a boycott? Some might do but enough to make a difference?

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

If we stay up and Sheri or another popular figure is appointed manager in the summer are people really going to support a boycott? Some might do but enough to make a difference?

Who knows - whether people do or don’t follow calls for a boycott is out of PTB’s hands. I personally would and think it would be the right move even if Shez was still in charge but can’t speak for everyone else. I think the fact that the cheap season tickets haven’t all gone probably gives a decent indication.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Who said all of our problems disappeared when Shez came back? You say you're not after an argument but you're making shit up in order to try and create one. 

The boycott, the return under Shez and a further boycott all make perfect sense. 

It’s not hard is it. 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Where has all your subtlety gone? Did it disappear around the same time you lost voice your on the pod? 

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There was more nuance involved than just a “popular figure” being appointed. 

Have a look at the nuance, it’ll help you understand their position better. 

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Haven't got any particularly strong views on what they should or shouldn't be doing, just think if you are going to consistently bash the work of your predecessors then you need to back that up with your own body of work.

Which they might very well do in time. Are you saying a few months is enough time for them to achieve results? 

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

We get this. 

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Haven't got any particularly strong views on what they should or shouldn't be doing,

Then this. 

Cool story. 

13 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

There was more nuance involved than just a “popular figure” being appointed. 

Have a look at the nuance, it’ll help you understand their position better. 

What nuance? They spent months telling all and sundry that the unrest wasn't about results, urging people not to attend. A popular manager came in and all of a sudden results and supporting the team were now important.

Just now, deyres42 said:

What nuance? They spent months telling all and sundry that the unrest wasn't about results, urging people not to attend. A popular manager came in and Abdallah announced his intention to sell and all of a sudden results and supporting the team were now important.

There’s your nuance 

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Where has all your subtlety gone? Did it disappear around the same time you lost voice your on the pod? 

I had a quick listen back to it and apart from questioning the timing of the boycott, suggesting the Hartlepool protest would be the high water mark (spoiler alert - it was) and saying the registration issues might not necessarily be the fault of the Lemsagam's I really didn't have much to say at all.

I have no beef with the PTB, quite the opposite in fact; I know, and like, all 4 of them personally, I have met them in the pub pre-Covid to discuss where to go, I walked the streets of Royton delivering leaflets for them in the winter months and I speak to two of them on quite a regular basis. 

But I am a tad confused with the messages they have come out with recently. A boycott was called and then immediately scrapped after the opening day of the season, they then encouraged people supporters not to attend games or hand over money to the club, only to then change their tact when Sheridan was appointed to "support a club legend and help keep Oldham in the EFL." What happens if Oldham are rooted to the bottom again in Jan 2023? Do they then plead with fans to return again as the club can't afford to drop out of the football league?

IMO the best way to go has been to disrupt games, it garners more attention. It happened with us, it happened with Rangers recently over their winter friendly v Celtic, it happened yesterday with Scunthorpe. 

I would advise them not to call a boycott for the start of the 22/23 season, quite simply because the ST take up will be so low anyway due to supporter disengagement. I still remain convinced that only one person will be able to force the owner out of this football club...

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

genuine question … it will be far too late to do what exactly? 

I thought the cranking up of pressure on the regime was bearing fruit. Starve them of cash and they would wilt on the vine - and be gone. We have had literally thousands of "pay on the day" fans returned since Shez came back. I am now beginning to doubt whether the regime has any intention of going anywhere. They may even be considering offering Shez a wedge to stay next season - and hope the fans come on board again permanently. This regime staying is a nightmare scenario. The fans, and fan groups, need just one single aim in my opinion. GET RID OF THIS REGIME. Anything else is superfluous.

Archived