New PTB and OASF joint statement.

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s not what happened. You were asked quite a few times by Andy to offer your opinion and shy’d away from it. 

It’s got nothing to do with being a media progressional- no other guest is either- and most love the chance to air their frustration or vent. In fact I’d say you were in a small minority who offered very little in that sense 

I was genuinely looking forward to listening to you, because the one thing your not short of good or bad - is an opinion. And yet- when offered the chance to constructively articulate your criticism. You backed off. 

I don’t agree with any of your criticism, but that fine. What is sad though, is you obviously don’t back up your opinion enough on here to say to their face.  

OK pal, I take your criticism onboard, I look forward to reading your critique of others appearances.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

You guys appeared to stick to your guns, missing out on Wembley trips etc. We've had a food and drink boycott which was abandoned after one match, a match boycott which was abandoned after one match then in January we were told that supporting the team was more important than boycotting but it won't be again in the summer.

You can see why the messaging might seem a little confusing.

Making things up now to suite the argument. 

12 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Podcast number 50 pal. The one where I was expected to criticise the successful protest held the same day but didn't.

I have no beef with your comments, I find them quite amusing, even if you do always swim against the tide. But this would be boring if we always agreed. I take your posts as devils advocate.

There has, no doubt, been some bizarre inconsistencies from supporters' groups so I can appreciate some of deyres42 viewpoint. I remember being aghast at the previous Trust's "let's protest for the live TV game"..... "erm....no let's not" type of approach. I said a long time ago that all the "protest groups" should merge and agree (and STICK TO) a specific aim or aims (but not too many). We have too small a fan base for different "protest" factions. The regime does not have to operate a "divide and rule" policy - we seem to do it marvellously ourselves as supporters. 

The only unfortunate consequence of Shez coming back is that his unifying of most of the fanbase has let the regime off the hook. The regime probably cannot believe its luck in this regard. The momentum has been lost with regard to "protest". If we do end up losing our league status, then it will be far too late. 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

There has, no doubt, been some bizarre inconsistencies from supporters' groups so I can appreciate some of deyres42 viewpoint. I remember being aghast at the previous Trust's "let's protest for the live TV game"..... "erm....no let's not" type of approach. I said a long time ago that all the "protest groups" should merge and agree (and STICK TO) a specific aim or aims (but not too many). We have too small a fan base for different "protest" factions. The regime does not have to operate a "divide and rule" policy - we seem to do it marvellously ourselves as supporters. 

The only unfortunate consequence of Shez coming back is that his unifying of most of the fanbase has let the regime off the hook. The regime probably cannot believe its luck in this regard. The momentum has been lost with regard to "protest". If we do end up losing our league status, then it will be far too late. 

I suppose it's hard to know how to protest against the regime whilst still giving 100% support to the team and manager when they really need it.

I've no doubt the protest efforts will be redoubled when our fate is sealed. Whether it will be too late is open to conjecture.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

They have pretty much merged now. Whether or not the new Trust is any better for it is debatable...

17 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I suppose it's hard to know how to protest against the regime whilst still giving 100% support to the team and manager when they really need it.

I've no doubt the protest efforts will be redoubled when our fate is sealed. Whether it will be too late is open to conjecture.

If you put a value on supporting the team and manager then surely you have to do that all the time? Not sure you can just switch it on and off when it suits.

21 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Can anyone elaborate on this?

Both groups are working incredibly hard at bringing potential investors to the table and to gain the ear of influential people that can provide assistance, whether it be local businessmen, OMBC, MP’s, other supporters Trusts, or even the Mayor of Greater Manchester.

I’ll take that as a “no” then…

The issue I find with the PTB/OASF approach currently is that they constantly appeal for volunteers from the Latics fans but what has happened to the Latics fans who previously volunteered their time,they’ve all fucked off.Why,because they didn’t agree with the approach the foundation was heading towards.So what you really should be appealing for is Latics fans who agree with your approach to the over all goal.There are lots of fans who may agree with your sentiment but don’t agree with the militant way of going about it.

41 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

The issue I find with the PTB/OASF approach currently is that they constantly appeal for volunteers from the Latics fans but what has happened to the Latics fans who previously volunteered their time,they’ve all fucked off.Why,because they didn’t agree with the approach the foundation was heading towards.So what you really should be appealing for is Latics fans who agree with your approach to the over all goal.There are lots of fans who may agree with your sentiment but don’t agree with the militant way of going about it.

A friend and I volunteered through the survey but no response was ever received.

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Umm I wouldn’t say that. We are both in our early 20s so we assumed that played a part. 

Fair enough but even so I’d still reckon they could’ve used you both for something if you volunteered your time.

1 hour ago, GrahamHughes said:

They fucked off because they didn’t agree with the direction of travel. The previous direction had a membership of circa 200, was hardly ever seen or heard from. Never ever criticised the club- despite having reasonable grounds to do so. 

If by militant- you mean taking the previous membership from 200 to over 1000, regularly updating fans and trying to hold the worst owners in our entire history to account. Then I’m all in for militant. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

They fucked off because they didn’t agree with the direction of travel. The previous direction had a membership of circa 200, was hardly ever seen or heard from. Never ever criticised the club- despite having reasonable grounds to do so. 

If by militant- you mean taking the previous membership from 200 to over 1000, regularly updating fans and trying to hold the worst owners in our entire history to account. Then I’m all in for militant. 

Maybe making membership from £10 to zero had something to do with that!

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

Yeah- I’m sure ten whole pounds is what was stopping people joining the previous incarnation. 

It sounds like you begrudge them doing well? 

It certainly played a part.Not at all,I think they’ve an up hill battle but making a million pounds a target by May I would question their realistic aims and expectations.

19 hours ago, wiseowl said:

genuine question … it will be far too late to do what exactly? 

Militant is totally the wrong word. I’d say they’re being proactive. And after years of a passive/submissive trust it’s a much welcome change of approach. 

Lofty ambitions may be hard to achieve but it’s better than having no ambition. 

Archived