New PTB and OASF joint statement.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This makes no sense. Genuine businessmen wouldn’t overpay for something just because it’s “chicken feed”.

The cost of chicken feed going up could well lead to a shortage of eggs. Random I know but still a more valuable post than anything from the troll. 

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This makes no sense. Genuine businessmen wouldn’t overpay for something just because it’s “chicken feed”.

Buying a football club in the lower leagues doesn't make sense full stop but it happens.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

It’s made up anyway, so no point debating it. 

TBF Eyresy mentioned 8 Mill, just thought he was privy to the selling price, he may agree with my point about reforming if this is the case. 

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If its going to take 8 million to buy lock stock and barrel, then the only option is doing a Bury and reforming then try and work our way through the pyramid, there is no way anyone will pay that price. 

I think you could get it for less, it was just an example.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think you could get it for less, it was just an example.

Just out of interest, how much do you think it could be bought for, (that's the club off Abdallah, and the rest off blitz/FLG?) 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Just out of interest, how much do you think it could be bought for, (that's the club off Abdallah, and the rest off blitz/FLG?) 

I don't think the club itself is worth anything really but I don't think it is unreasonable for Mr Lemsagam to want to recover some of the money he has presumably invested, a million quid seems fair. Hard to know with Blitz but if someone put 4-5 million up I can't believe he wouldn't snap their hands off.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

It's a easy deal. Both parties are desperate to sell. You could get the lot and have plenty of change left over from 8 million. If these 'geniune businessmen' haven't got what is chicken feed in football terms to get it done then don't waste your time with them.

Billionaires and Millionaires are rich Rob because they look after their investments. Not by overpaying for something worth nothing close to the current asking price. 

This ‘it’s easy just overpay’ is the most naive argument I’ve ever heard. 

1 minute ago, adamoafc said:

Billionaires and Millionaires are rich Rob because they look after their investments. Not by overpaying for something worth nothing close to the current asking price. 

This ‘it’s easy just overpay’ is the most naive argument I’ve ever heard. 

Have any of these people who you have held discussions with indicated what they are willing to pay? Because if we are looking at someone who wants to pick it for nothing then that almost certainly means administration first.

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I wouldn’t have bothered with Burnham either. Absolute chancer who just likes attaching himself to causes that may have a positive outcome for some reflective glory. The way he’s ‘handled’ the CAZ is telling. Never his fault. 

100% correct on "Bandwagon Andy"

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Have any of these people who you have held discussions with indicated what they are willing to pay? Because if we are looking at someone who wants to pick it for nothing then that almost certainly means administration first.

We’ve already mentioned where peoples value is and that’s between £1.5-£2million for the club. Looking at the accounts with a minus £4mill of debt plus minus £1mill of outstanding payments along with a squad worth not a lot I would call that offer very generous. Clearly Abdallah doesn’t agree which is why he is still here. 

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

There's not a lot anybody can do Adam, ultimately it will come down to whether or not a multi millionaire is willing to spend a chunk of their fortune owning Oldham Athletic.

If boycotting, shouting, throwing stuff makes you or anyone else feel like you are making a difference then good on them.

In the time I have been following your club's Podcast, I have listened to details of what the fans at Pompey and Exeter did ; have you forgotten?

As for your second point, I must have dreamed what happened to us between 2015-19.  There was a court case, granted ; but a hell of a lot of very purposeful boycotting and very articulate shouting.

I don't think your fatalism does you any favours, and if your default position is to criticise all the efforts to engineer change you either have to offer an alternative, or defend the status quo. So which is it?

1 minute ago, basilrobbie said:

In the time I have been following your club's Podcast, I have listened to details of what the fans at Pompey and Exeter did ; have you forgotten?

As for your second point, I must have dreamed what happened to us between 2015-19.  There was a court case, granted ; but a hell of a lot of very purposeful boycotting and very articulate shouting.

I don't think your fatalism does you any favours, and if your default position is to criticise all the efforts to engineer change you either have to offer an alternative, or defend the status quo. So which is it?

You guys appeared to stick to your guns, missing out on Wembley trips etc. We've had a food and drink boycott which was abandoned after one match, a match boycott which was abandoned after one match then in January we were told that supporting the team was more important than boycotting but it won't be again in the summer.

You can see why the messaging might seem a little confusing.

43 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The ignore button is extremely cathartic people 

Especially when you finally resist the option to see the content by choice 

You weren't ignoring me when you sent me those rather menacing DM's...

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You guys appeared to stick to your guns, missing out on Wembley trips etc. We've had a food and drink boycott which was abandoned after one match, a match boycott which was abandoned after one match then in January we were told that supporting the team was more important than boycotting but it won't be again in the summer.

You can see why the messaging might seem a little confusing.

Why are you so keen to highlight and criticise their actions as you perceive them?

Genuinely- Do you have an axe to grind with them? Or are you just bored? Because I’m struggling to see why anyone would invest so much of their time in criticising at the very least well meaning and hard working people. 

Even more bizarrely. You criticise everything they do- ok fine-  but then when you went on the pod- you were the complete opposite of how you are on here,  non-committal and no real opinion on anything. Which is strange because you quite obviously have opinions- but when offered a platform to express it - said nothing. 

If you care enough to send endless posts on here with your views on their track record, why didn’t you share your repeated criticism with them? 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Why are you so keen to highlight and criticise their actions as you perceive them?

Genuinely- Do you have an axe to grind with them? Or are you just bored? Because I’m struggling to see why anyone would invest so much of their time in criticising at the very least well meaning and hard working people. 

Even more bizarrely. You criticise everything they do- ok fine-  but then when you went on the pod- you were the complete opposite of how you are on here,  non-committal and no real opinion on anything. Which is strange because you quite obviously have opinions- but when offered a platform to express it - said nothing. 

If you care enough to send endless posts on here with your views on their track record, why didn’t you share your repeated criticism with them? 

That was what confused me. I remember that Pod and I also remember the lack of firm opinions about anything.

I thought davideyres42's  characterisation of what has been done so far was grossly unfair. We played the hand we were dealt and in some ways we had better cards that PTB and the Foundation have, in that we had nasty, litigious and asset-stripping owners who were very easy to unite against. What you face is a lot more nebulous, in my opinion. Hand on heart, I can't  think of any obvious tricks that  have been missed and what has been done very well has been the relentless media scrutiny of the club that Matt and Andy in particular have been able to create.

There is a phrase to describe   that style of posting, and it is "passive aggressive". And if it is all you have to offer it isn't going to change anything - is it?

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

My appearance was pretty much the same as everyone else's, I'm not a media professional and you can only answer the questions you are asked...

I doubt one man's mild criticisms register with them and I would hope that they wouldn't.

5 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

That was what confused me. I remember that Pod and I also remember the lack of firm opinions about anything.

I thought davideyres42's  characterisation of what has been done so far was grossly unfair. We played the hand we were dealt and in some ways we had better cards that PTB and the Foundation have, in that we had nasty, litigious and asset-stripping owners who were very easy to unite against. What you face is a lot more nebulous, in my opinion. Hand on heart, I can't  think of any obvious tricks that  have been missed and what has been done very well has been the relentless media scrutiny of the club that Matt and Andy in particular have been able to create.

There is a phrase to describe   that style of posting, and it is "passive aggressive". And if it is all you have to offer it isn't going to change anything - is it?

If I was being rude I would say it confuses me that you spend so much time pontifcating on a club's message board that you have no attachment to but I'm not a rude person so I won't...

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If I was being rude I would say it confuses me that you spend so much time pontifcating on a club's message board that you have no attachment to but I'm not a rude person so I won't...

I think that is what is known as "Exhibit A", m'lud.

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

My appearance was pretty much the same as everyone else's, I'm not a media professional and you can only answer the questions you are asked...

I doubt one man's mild criticisms register with them and I would hope that they wouldn't.

That’s not what happened. You were asked quite a few times by Andy to offer your opinion and shy’d away from it. 

It’s got nothing to do with being a media progressional- no other guest is either- and most love the chance to air their frustration or vent. In fact I’d say you were in a small minority who offered very little in that sense 

I was genuinely looking forward to listening to you, because the one thing your not short of good or bad - is an opinion. And yet- when offered the chance to constructively articulate your criticism. You backed off. 

I don’t agree with any of your criticism, but that fine. What is sad though, is you obviously don’t back up your opinion enough on here to say to their face.  

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That’s not what happened. You were asked quite a few times by Andy to offer your opinion and shy’d away from it. 

It’s got nothing to do with being a media progressional- no other guest is either- and most love the chance to air their frustration or vent. In fact I’d say you were in a small minority who offered very little in that sense 

I was genuinely looking forward to listening to you, because the one thing your not short of good or bad - is an opinion. And yet- when offered the chance to constructively articulate your criticism. You backed off. 

I don’t agree with any of your criticism, but that fine. What is sad though, is you obviously don’t back up your opinion enough on here to say to their face.  

This 100%

Archived