New PTB and OASF joint statement.

18 hours ago, singe said:

A relative of mine worked for Platts installing them abroad, folklore in the family is that we directly caused the demise.

This was also said in our family. Selling high quality equipment to low labour cost sources which then lead to the demise of the UK textile industry.

I've read elsewhere that an early leader of what is now Toyota bought various patents from Platts, improved the equipment and used the profits from that to build the car giant of today.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Recklessly give the club money for what? 

The only money given was compensation to Blitz, after he threatened to sue them and the grant. 

There is no other money

Pete/Mike - whoever he is. Said earlier on this thread, the Council gave the club millions to help the club become more sustainable. . . . Those were his actual words. 

Now,  I don’t know about you, but I’ve never heard of council literally giving money away, or propping up a private business up with vast sums public money.  And if they did, those accountable would be prison. Such is enormity of it. 

I’m referring to the method of the payment, not the purpose.  Obviously! 

If you think local government is beyond acting in an incompetent way then I can’t help you. 

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m referring to the method of the payment, not the purpose.  Obviously! 

If you think local government is beyond acting in an incompetent way then I can’t help you. 

No idea why you feel need to help me? I can only assume you’re attempting to patronise me. Which is a shame, and doesn’t add to the debate. 

It seems your having an argument with   Yourself here Kow.   I haven’t said local government isn’t incompetent, in fact working for one myself- I’d say it’s rife. 

But that isn’t the point. People have claimed the council give the club millions, and I don’t see what for. 

They owed blitz, and paid him. 

They contributed to the north stand with a 900k grant. 

So what do you mean the method of payment? Because I ‘obviously’ don’t understand your point. 

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hes Barry Owens useful idiot.

Which considering Barry Owen is Abdallah's useful idiot is pretty low standing perhaps he has a low sense of self worth.

Not sure why people think i'm him but i can assure you i'm not although i do happen to know the guy quite well. I wouldn't describe him as Barry Owens useful idiot either knowing him, he was a golf professional who set up a business which turned over around £20 million a year in the golf industry and then through his contacts in the game went into organising travel for professionals who played worldwide. 

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Not sure why people think i'm him but i can assure you i'm not although i do happen to know the guy quite well. I wouldn't describe him as Barry Owens useful idiot either knowing him, he was a golf professional who set up a business which turned over around £20 million a year in the golf industry and then through his contacts in the game went into organising travel for professionals who played worldwide. 

You can tell alot about a man by the company he keeps. Anyone who is mates with Barry Owen is a moron in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You can tell alot about a man by the company he keeps. Anyone who is mates with Barry Owen is a moron in my eyes.

Each to his own but i've been to loads of games with him over the past 30 years or more and always found him to be a decent guy.

7 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Each to his own but i've been to loads of games with him over the past 30 years or more and always found him to be a decent guy.

Next time you see him can you ask him to keep his jowls out of our club, please?  Thank you. 

21 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Platts as in Platt & Hill? My mum did a stint with them at Belgrave whilst she was studying for law lol 

Seems PLatt is a common name among mill owners! It was PLat Bros in Werneth.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Been to loads of games with BO, but you are not his mate Mike?

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Especially as Barry Owen has been on the board for 20 of those 30 years, so I doubt you'll have been to that many games with BO over the last 20 years unless your a mate of his.

There are some very clever people on this message board, you and your mate BO, will do to remember that. Some of us have very good memories too.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Why would You report someone for assuming youre someone else? Is it that offence, to you to be Mike halliwell? Especially as you like him so much. Just say sorry you’re mistaken, I’m Pete.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Why would You report someone for assuming youre someone else? Is it that offence, to you to be Mike halliwell? Especially as you like him so much. Just say sorry you’re mistaken, I’m Pete.

Perhaps he should go on the podcast and prove his identity if its being questioned. I did 😀

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

He is Pete, Pete Mike Halliwell 

11 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Been to loads of games with BO, but you are not his mate Mike?

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Especially as Barry Owen has been on the board for 20 of those 30 years, so I doubt you'll have been to that many games with BO over the last 20 years unless your a mate of his.

There are some very clever people on this message board, you and your mate BO, will do to remember that. Some of us have very good memories too.

Think you are getting mistaken, i said i was mates with Mike not Barry Owen. I've met Barry Owen a handful of times at best and they have been at club functions over the years.

12 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Next time you see him can you ask him to keep his jowls out of our club, please?  Thank you. 

Don't think Mike is anything to do with our club other than being a fan just like you which means it's as much his club and my club as yours.

8 hours ago, PeteG said:

Don't think Mike is anything to do with our club other than being a fan just like you which means it's as much his club and my club as yours.

I was talking about Barry, but if he's enabling Barry in any way he should probably sling it too. 

Archived