l know this is the most narcissistic thing ever to have happened on here and l know l shuda put it the tap room but it's Latics related let me have it 😬

l showed a lot of emotion today and reacted a bit 1997 keyboard warrior and lve genuine been lay here thinkin as much about that as actual goin down.

weve all got our personal standards and views on rights and wrongs and some struggle to comprehend others views and burst forth, then u get knobeads like me tryna belittle them bc l think theyre daft n shit

BUT

all of us are emotional about the same thing and its so wrong that the thing we all love is makin us run in every few days buttin heads like some violent written version of the hokey cokey.

today on here just sums up where we have been dragged to. we have been divided and then conquered.

lve not been able to read replies bc of my mental health (l still dont know what Kov said wn we clashed about journalism about a year ago) but some of them can't be nice.

but l don't care. l know why you said it. its bc you love Latics. l love Latics. clean slate?

We need to unify.

OTIFD 👊🏻

We all want the same outcome, we all love the same thing, we dont need to keyboard fight each other.

I admit I may have been harsh on you earlier but its not really like me to bite on here.

Today hurts, tomorrow lets all get on with discussing how we can get our club back or at least listening to the plethora of opinions and ideas.

Good night.

I was nearly in tears today on that pitch. I had people in the Main Stand giving me the wanker sign and sticking two fingers up at me. It's up to them if they want to do that. Everyone has their own mind and opinions. It just hurt to see how divided some of us are. Were Abdallah and Mo there today? No. That says everything. Lets stick together and pile the pressure on these absolute idiots to sell the club. Much love to you all. 

37 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I was nearly in tears today on that pitch. I had people in the Main Stand giving me the wanker sign and sticking two fingers up at me. It's up to them if they want to do that. Everyone has their own mind and opinions. It just hurt to see how divided some of us are. Were Abdallah and Mo there today? No. That says everything. Lets stick together and pile the pressure on these absolute idiots to sell the club. Much love to you all. 

lm not allowed any more upvotes.

lve watched the videos on youtube and you can hear the 'youre a disgrace to the club' and it was at the fans not the directors box and it really hurts me too. we need to somehow remember at such junctures that we all want the same thing really.

29 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Tears in your eyes? You and I both, but I stayed sat in the main stand paddock, gutted that we’d lost our last 15 minutes of trying to keep our season alive.

We were on the front foot, against a team that was equally nervous and fallible. We may have snuck a goal, possibly two, and fought on another week. The head said we were down after Northampton but the heart wanted another chance to beat. That was lost in the 79th minute, replaced by Shez, forlornly pleading the maths to those on the pitch who’d assumed that a Barrow win, irrespective of our result had sealed our doom.

I hope your passion is as strong next season, because sadly, I think mine is lost.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Tears in your eyes? You and I both, but I stayed sat in the main stand paddock, gutted that we’d lost our last 15 minutes of trying to keep our season alive.

We were on the front foot, against a team that was equally nervous and fallible. We may have snuck a goal, possibly two, and fought on another week. The head said we were down after Northampton but the heart wanted another chance to beat. That was lost in the 79th minute, replaced by Shez, forlornly pleading the maths to those on the pitch who’d assumed that a Barrow win, irrespective of our result had sealed our doom.

I hope your passion is as strong next season, because sadly, I think mine is lost.

this viewpoint on it l can get, thats mint how you still think [at the time, of course not now!] we can do it, l always think like that in all sporr. maybe youre right 11mins is a long time in Football, but it's not the fans fault. we went out w a bang and next season starts now. l can't believe somebody w the attitude of 'we can get two here' will give up.

sad sad emotional day 😢

We are latics, we are family.

It takes great strength to re-asses yourself and actions. It takes great heart to say..."you know what I see your point" to give an apology if needed or to say let's agree to disagree. 

We are all hurting, we now need to heal together and pull together somehow.

We need a flag in the ground/rallying point/ a sense of direction.

There is a fans forum planned let's hope this is a start of a clean slate for all fans and we can move forward.

A serious start into fan ownership.

And more serious too. If anyone does need to talk then do reach out and chat too.

We are family, we are latics

Woke up this morning supporting a club in the National Conference 

Doesnt hurt as much as I thought it might, probably due to the 30 previous years of winning nothing it just seems inevitable 

Joined the National Conference facebook forum late last night, absolutely no point in feeling sorry for ourselves.

Will be visiting loads of different grounds, time with good friends and fellow supporters watching football not much different than what we have been served up the last few seasons 

Despite previous owners seemingly doing their very  best to kill us us and build on our Home, our club still has a strong pulse

We breathe We Live We Follow 

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l know this is the most narcissistic thing ever to have happened on here and l know l shuda put it the tap room but it's Latics related let me have it 😬

l showed a lot of emotion today and reacted a bit 1997 keyboard warrior and lve genuine been lay here thinkin as much about that as actual goin down.

weve all got our personal standards and views on rights and wrongs and some struggle to comprehend others views and burst forth, then u get knobeads like me tryna belittle them bc l think theyre daft n shit

BUT

all of us are emotional about the same thing and its so wrong that the thing we all love is makin us run in every few days buttin heads like some violent written version of the hokey cokey.

today on here just sums up where we have been dragged to. we have been divided and then conquered.

lve not been able to read replies bc of my mental health (l still dont know what Kov said wn we clashed about journalism about a year ago) but some of them can't be nice.

but l don't care. l know why you said it. its bc you love Latics. l love Latics. clean slate?

We need to unify.

OTIFD 👊🏻

Agreed, and I'm sorry I lost my cool with you as well @Monty Burns. We all want the same thing at the end of the day and that's a well-run, successful club. Look after your health as that's even more important than football.

This is a grim weekend, but all the emphasis now has to be on coming together as fans and getting rid of the Lemsagams. I don't know how long that will take, or how long it will be before Latics are back, but we'll get there.

I don't know if Shez really is going to retire (wouldn't blame him!) but it would be great if he could be given some kind of sendoff at some point. He is one of the best, and did his best to save us. If you're reading this by any chance John, thanks for trying.

A sad sad day, although it’s felt inevitable for a while now. I’m gutted for my fellow fan and the good folk at the club. Although the leadership (if you can call it that) deserve nothing less.

I hope this is rock bottom, but things are so up-in-the air at the moment it’s hard to tell.

Seeing the in-fighting between fans is horrible, hopefully it just looks inflated due to social media/the internet, and soon fans will unite under the same banner.

The day the club is sold I’ll be there to renew mine and the missus’ season tickets, our first since 18/19.

Bring on the days out at Barnet and Altrincham. A weekend in Torquay anyone? Come on Oldham.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Agreed, and I'm sorry I lost my cool with you as well @Monty Burns. We all want the same thing at the end of the day and that's a well-run, successful club. Look after your health as that's even more important than football.

This is a grim weekend, but all the emphasis now has to be on coming together as fans and getting rid of the Lemsagams. I don't know how long that will take, or how long it will be before Latics are back, but we'll get there.

I don't know if Shez really is going to retire (wouldn't blame him!) but it would be great if he could be given some kind of sendoff at some point. He is one of the best, and did his best to save us. If you're reading this by any chance John, thanks for trying.

thanks 👍🏻

echo your post, especially the last paragraph

40 minutes ago, underdog said:

We are latics, we are family.

It takes great strength to re-asses yourself and actions. It takes great heart to say..."you know what I see your point" to give an apology if needed or to say let's agree to disagree. 

We are all hurting, we now need to heal together and pull together somehow.

We need a flag in the ground/rallying point/ a sense of direction.

There is a fans forum planned let's hope this is a start of a clean slate for all fans and we can move forward.

A serious start into fan ownership.

And more serious too. If anyone does need to talk then do reach out and chat too.

We are family, we are latics

forum could go two ways. there will be no more hand wringing anyway 😁.

11 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

A sad sad day, although it’s felt inevitable for a while now. I’m gutted for my fellow fan and the good folk at the club. Although the leadership (if you can call it that) deserve nothing less.

I hope this is rock bottom, but things are so up-in-the air at the moment it’s hard to tell.

Seeing the in-fighting between fans is horrible, hopefully it just looks inflated due to social media/the internet, and soon fans will unite under the same banner.

The day the club is sold I’ll be there to renew mine and the missus’ season tickets, our first since 18/19.

Bring on the days out at Barnet and Altrincham. A weekend in Torquay anyone? Come on Oldham.

not done a Latics weekender for a while. plenty of candidates for a renewal of such jollies...

57 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l keep msg people sayin

l support a non league Football club

or puttin it on fb or sayin it out loud jus tryna get my head around it. strugglin tbh.

You have to concentrate on you and your family.

There is stuff you can affect and stuff you can't.

I learnt this the hardway myself.

I think we all at some point have suffered from mental health and Maybe not recognise the signs.

Ye gods...supporting latics is a full time mental mind job.

We are here if you need us

No l meant lm jus struggling to process it. 

Latics doesnt really effect my day to day fight other than l struggle to read replies on here sometimes. but l dont open letters or attend rather important appointments so it isnt caused by Latics!!!

Latics helps tbh. l see the number of young lads n lasses havin a day out and it makes me feel proud, makes me smile and equally completely puzzles me. l sometimes even ask them😂😂😂

ey thanks for that caring post tho. l'm really wearing this thing on my sleeve here aren't l.

MOST of what is said here is in the heat of the moment following a bad game (we’ve had a lot of them!), or from a place where the person writing the post thinks what they are saying is best for the club.

As for the way forward… Sometimes we disagree and that is good. It is rare thar an idea or solution to any problem will get universal support and even if 90% agree and one or more has a problem or point to raise then they are exactly the people that should be heard. You know what…they may have a point. If anyone starts to think they are the smartest person in the room, if ego’s take over, if self awareness is lost or if anyone thinks leadership is about always being right then we will be in a mess of the kind FCUM eventually found themselves. The forum should reflect this. 

I have always found your posts entertaining. 🤷‍♂️. You are clearly a bright bloke with a good sense of humour. The occasional verbal bust up is not serious or important, it’s just opinions. Just be you. 

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

MOST of what is said here is in the heat of the moment following a bad game (we’ve had a lot of them!), or from a place where the person writing the post thinks what they are saying is best for the club.

As for the way forward… Sometimes we disagree and that is good. It is rare thar an idea or solution to any problem will get universal support and even if 90% agree and one or more has a problem or point to raise then they are exactly the people that should be heard. You know what…they may have a point. If anyone starts to think they are the smartest person in the room, if ego’s take over, if self awareness is lost or if anyone thinks leadership is about always being right then we will be in a mess of the kind FCUM eventually found themselves. The forum should reflect this. 

I have always found your posts entertaining. 🤷‍♂️. You are clearly a bright broke with a good sense of humour. The occasional verbal bust up is not serious or important, it’s just opinions. Just be you. 

Are FCUM in a mess?

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Are FCUM in a mess?

They imploded a few years ago. Not sure about now, but the infighting, ego and power struggles back then caused a mess. Pitch invasions to protest and the whole board resigning.  Not unlike yesterday. 

https://connorwhitley.medium.com/fc-united-of-manchester-how-a-fan-owned-football-club-can-go-wrong-a5ec0eb9d9a6

Archived