Stands open next season.

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

My feelings are;

Abdallah wants out.

Court case could take as much as 18 months to be heard.

Abdallah won't sell until court case is heard given there could be financial gain.

In the meantime he allegedly owes around 400k in rent? This may not grow any bigger given he is effectively giving up any rights to the stand.

We as a club are left in limbo whilst our two previous owners argue the toss whilst Owen throws the petrol on.

Strangely this situation allows Owen to fulfill his life long dream of running Oldham Athletic but leaves the club in it's worse state in living memory.

Owen thinks he is doing a grand job and gets a pat on the back off Mike each day for good measure. 

If you rent a house but don't use the back bedroom you're still liable for the full amount 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

The club do not save any rent if they do not use the North Stand.

The rent is for the whole of the ground>

Have heard that said before but it doesnt make any sense 

Thats like saying you’re being charged rent for the executive boxes that we cant agree a commercial rate with you for 

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Have heard that said before but it doesnt make any sense 

Thats like saying you’re being charged rent for the executive boxes that we cant agree a commercial rate with you for 

Blitz owns the ground. We rent the whole place 

If you rent a house but don't use the back bedroom the landlord doesn't knock money off 

37 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

The club do not save any rent if they do not use the North Stand.

The rent is for the whole of the ground>

To be fair that is a logical decision. That can't be said about most others made over recent years

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If you rent a house but don't use the back bedroom the landlord doesn't knock money off 

Iirc we only rent the northstand on match days so any saving would be minimal but as usual biffo paints it otherways for his own ends 

2 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Iirc we only rent the northstand on match days so any saving would be minimal but as usual biffo paints it otherways for his own ends 

biffo ? You on first name terms with shitpeas then ?

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Have you any idea of the £numbers Chaddy  that Brassbank rent ‘the stadium’ for per season / year ? 

11 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Have you any idea of the £numbers Chaddy  that Brassbank rent ‘the stadium’ for per season / year ? 

I'm led to believe 😂 it's now £250k per annum having previously been £100k due to a reduction in rent from when Brassbank took ownership of the stand. But I only know the half of it!

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

On that I don't have a clue sorry 

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

I'm lead to believe 😂 it's now £250k per annum having previously been £100k due to a reduction in rent from when Brassbank took ownership of the stand. But I only know the half of it!

was just typing c£250k when your message landed mick26 as thats what I heard a while back 

Truth is we dont really know so cant really quote it, similar to the alleged £400k the the Club owes Brassbank in unpaid rent 

However, if those £numbers are anywhere near accurate it highlights the gulf between the owners of the Club and the owners of the Stadium 

On 5/24/2022 at 6:51 PM, BucksBlue said:

tGWB - good summary.  One omission is the substantial funds given by OMBC to Blitz and Gazal (Brassbank) contiguous to their ground purchase.  It was questioned at the time as the funds were pledged to the Club (and not to owners thereof).  The OMBC representative at the time said "it's at the council's discretion" 😞 .  If the funds had gone to the Club at that time, we would not be in the situation of different owners of ground and club.

A couple of people asked about my comment re OMBC cash. I don't recall the exact details after so long, but I was one of the 7/8 businessmen who chipped in financially to help the club after Chris Moore pulled out.  The group was pulled together by the efforts of Sean Jarvis.  The group attended several meetings up to and around the purchase by the Three Amigos.  One of the meetings involved the group, Corney (plus maybe one of the other investors) and a representative of OMBC. I think the meeting was actually open to the public, but the 3A's were already perceived as White Knights by that time, and there were perhaps 30+ people in attendance.  Contingent to the closure of Watersheddings, OMBC committed funds to "maintain professional sport in the community". This was well before any efforts to move BP.  OMBC committed a "good sum" (for that time) to this, and the land purchase of BP fell broadly under the purposes.  I don't remember the amount but have a recollection of over 1M and less than 3M.  I posted details on here at the time but can't find the posts now. (It may even have been on the old JK site).  The 3As were also dealing directly with OMBC prior to the purchase and struck a deal. The OMBC representative was questioned why the funds were not given to the football club (as opposed to the new owners) and we were told it was "at the council's discretion".  I'm sure someone on here can verify the exact sums and/or may have been at the meetings ...

48 minutes ago, BucksBlue said:

A couple of people asked about my comment re OMBC cash. I don't recall the exact details after so long, but I was one of the 7/8 businessmen who chipped in financially to help the club after Chris Moore pulled out.  The group was pulled together by the efforts of Sean Jarvis.  The group attended several meetings up to and around the purchase by the Three Amigos.  One of the meetings involved the group, Corney (plus maybe one of the other investors) and a representative of OMBC. I think the meeting was actually open to the public, but the 3A's were already perceived as White Knights by that time, and there were perhaps 30+ people in attendance.  Contingent to the closure of Watersheddings, OMBC committed funds to "maintain professional sport in the community". This was well before any efforts to move BP.  OMBC committed a "good sum" (for that time) to this, and the land purchase of BP fell broadly under the purposes.  I don't remember the amount but have a recollection of over 1M and less than 3M.  I posted details on here at the time but can't find the posts now. (It may even have been on the old JK site).  The 3As were also dealing directly with OMBC prior to the purchase and struck a deal. The OMBC representative was questioned why the funds were not given to the football club (as opposed to the new owners) and we were told it was "at the council's discretion".  I'm sure someone on here can verify the exact sums and/or may have been at the meetings ...

We've well and truly been bummed bone dry.

On 5/25/2022 at 6:48 PM, tGWB said:

£200k as of 1st July last year. As per the deed of surrender dated 8th Nov 2016

@mick26 was correct too as the figures were reduced in the 2016 deed of surrender

Previous lease was for peppercorn rent 

Archived