Stands open next season.

tGWB - good summary.  One omission is the substantial funds given by OMBC to Blitz and Gazal (Brassbank) contiguous to their ground purchase.  It was questioned at the time as the funds were pledged to the Club (and not to owners thereof).  The OMBC representative at the time said "it's at the council's discretion" 😞 .  If the funds had gone to the Club at that time, we would not be in the situation of different owners of ground and club.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, nzlatic said:

The impression this statement gives is that the u16 is, at the very least, unwelcome in that section. It's disgusting treatment of fans again.

Refund request and donation to the fund?! That's just a suggestion of course - I respect your choice either way.

Having re read it I am going to assume it's only in regards to the section of seating directly behind the goal and not the full big side of the RRE seems an impossible thing to enforce unless they are going to start sending to stewards and or the taurus mob up to hassle anyone who appears to be under 21 🤣

7 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

Isn't age discrimination illegal? I'd love to see how they will enforce that over-21 rule, anyway. You may end up being the only club in the country where you need your passport to hand in order to sit where you want. In a ground that is 90% empty....

I think there is a strong argument that it is illegal.  The Equalities Act 2010 makes it clear that private clubs of 25 members can offer concessions to members of a certain age, ie discounted rates but it cannot discriminate against its members on the grounds of age.  Of course Barry will be familiar with legislation lol but may have found a loophole as there maybe less than 25 season ticket holders / members attending next year. 

3 hours ago, BucksBlue said:

tGWB - good summary.  One omission is the substantial funds given by OMBC to Blitz and Gazal (Brassbank) contiguous to their ground purchase.  It was questioned at the time as the funds were pledged to the Club (and not to owners thereof).  The OMBC representative at the time said "it's at the council's discretion" 😞 .  If the funds had gone to the Club at that time, we would not be in the situation of different owners of ground and club.

When did this happen? 

Why would the council give funds to Blitz/Gazal/Brassbank when they were buying the ground/land from the council?

What may have been questionable, was whether Blitz/Gazal/Brassbank had the right to buy the ground/land under the terms that were agreed with the club when the ground/land was sold by the club to the council.

25 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

he's probably talking about the £750K grant involved in the £5Mish refund from the council to blitz over Failsworth.

l also suspect this is the whole foundation for The Stench's court case.

When is this court case due, surely they have a hearing date by now?

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Surely AL won't want administration, so could this make him listen to potential investors?

My feelings are;

Abdallah wants out.

Court case could take as much as 18 months to be heard.

Abdallah won't sell until court case is heard given there could be financial gain.

In the meantime he allegedly owes around 400k in rent? This may not grow any bigger given he is effectively giving up any rights to the stand.

We as a club are left in limbo whilst our two previous owners argue the toss whilst Owen throws the petrol on.

Strangely this situation allows Owen to fulfill his life long dream of running Oldham Athletic but leaves the club in it's worse state in living memory.

Owen thinks he is doing a grand job and gets a pat on the back off Mike each day for good measure. 

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

In the meantime he allegedly owes around 400k in rent? This may not grow any bigger given he is effectively giving up any rights to the stand.

…surely Blitz wouldn’t have been stupid enough to agree a rental contract that didn’t cover the possibility that AlMoBO might try to not use the North Stand? Not the businessman we thought if that’s the case….I assume that rent is still due but the “club” saves some other operational/matchday costs and, more importantly given their spiteful/pride driven nature, reduces revenue to OEC etc

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

My feelings are;

Abdallah wants out.

Court case could take as much as 18 months to be heard.

Abdallah won't sell until court case is heard given there could be financial gain.

We as a club are left in limbo whilst our two previous owners argue the toss whilst Owen throws the petrol on.

Strangely this situation allows Owen to fulfill his life long dream of running Oldham Athletic but leaves the club in it's worse state in living memory.

Owen thinks he is doing a grand job and gets a pat on the back off Mike each day for good measure. 

If the rent is still growing won't Blitz eventually take legal action?

Just now, BP1960 said:

If the rent is still growing won't Blitz eventually take legal action?

His choices are probably to effectively force us into administration and then either buy us out of it for peanuts so he can more easily sell the entire club with the ground as a single entity…..or, more worryingly, let it the football club die by holding on to his crazy £6m stadium valuation and start his house building project….which I imagine was always his long term aim

Of all the rotten things the Lemsagam regime have done, taking away our magnificent @OA95Athleticos section and upping prices to them is up there with the worst

NO self respecting fan should sit in their section until they return

NOT ONE PERSON 

6 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Of all the rotten things the Lemsagam regime have done, taking away our magnificent @OA95Athleticos section and upping prices to them is up there with the worst

NOT ONE PERSON 

I agree, the club sneaked in an alternative adult age for Season Tickets which would have adversely affected a large contingent of OA95Athleticos and now they have basically removed them from their mid stand spot from where they could (and did) generate a much better atmosphere at home games last season. 

The regime are not fit to run the club for anyone who genuinely cares about OAFC and its current supporters (let alone any future generation). We are going under under these halfwits, desperately need to raise the profile of our club's plight and try and seek some potential investment to run the club once it goes tits up       

34 minutes ago, tGWB said:

NOT ONE PERSON 

No self respectin fan should step foot in BP until ALMOBO are gone

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Absolutely!! Regardless of personal preference and whatever ones reasons are for wanting to attend ie. family, kids etc. etc. the football is now totally irrelevant……..100%.
Stand closures matter not…….how any true fan should want to continue to support this absolute shit show any longer is beyond belief!!
IMO…as long as we finish out of the relegation places next season and AL, MO, & BO have all fucked off that’s all that really matters!

57 minutes ago, tGWB said:

NOT ONE PERSON 

The lame brains in charge are effectively killing off any remaining love I have for the club - I think that there are many diehards like me who are close to walking away 😮

Just now, TheBigDog said:

The lame brains in charge are effectively killing off any remaining love I have for the club - I think that there are many diehards like me who are close to walking away 😮

It will soon be only Shitpeas and his cronies who are attending. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Agree, but we know some will still go 

The Athleticos section should be sacred ground until they return

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I refuse to bow to them BigDog, its our Club, passed down to us by past generations 

I know I can stay away longer than they can survive

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

Fingers crossed for some positive news and not about building a Hotel whilst our ground is falling apart 

Defo going to give it a listen 

Archived