Stands open next season.

With the "boycott" in place for home games next season, are we expecting the club to close at least one of the stands?

No prizes for guessing which stand would be first on the list, but it would make more sense to me to close the Chaddy and make the small section of the RRE the away end...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

With the "boycott" in place for home games next season, are we expecting the club to close at least one of the stands?

No prizes for guessing which stand would be first on the list, but it would make more sense to me to close the Chaddy and make the small section of the RRE the away end...

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:
26 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Expand  

North Stand, AL wouldn't have to pay rent then would he?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

North Stand, AL wouldn't have to pay rent then would he?

depends on what he lease says. I doubt it says close it and nothing is due otherwise it would have been closed all last season

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Definitely should not close the Family Section

Would encourage an ‘Athletico Juniors’ section in there 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I keep seeing similar to this and keep thinking "don't give them ideas" 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Definitely should not close the Family Section

Would encourage an ‘Athletico Juniors’ section in there 

Watching the tiny kids at the front of that section copying the Athleticos has cheered me up at times during this depressing season. 

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No Athleticos for the foreseeable 

I cant speak on their behalf but if the club takes a few common sense tablets and reviews the pricing structure positively for U18s and below they could well return

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I keep seeing similar to this and keep thinking "don't give them ideas" 

I get your point, the thought popped into my head when I mentioned it on another thread. However I think if they were to take ideas of this message board I'd like to think the first one would be to sell up and do one.

You'd open the Chaddy for about half dozen teams the rest should be in the small section of the RRE, makes no sense at all to open three nevermind four stands given the protests announced and the reported low take up season tickets (not quite sure we've only sold a couple of hundred).

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You'd open the Chaddy for about half dozen teams the rest should be in the small section of the RRE, makes no sense at all to open three nevermind four stands given the protests announced and the reported low take up season tickets (not quite sure we've only sold a couple of hundred).

Or they could try rebuilding the relationship with the fans and work toward trying to sell more season tickets and filling the ground as much as possible. 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Or they could try rebuilding the relationship with the fans and work toward trying to sell more season tickets and filling the ground as much as possible. 

The fans don't want that though do they?

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

To rebuild relationships with the owners.

They’ve tried that but met a brick wall. It needs to come back the other way now. 

The owners have stated they’re selling the club, which will happen in time. There’s no reason why there couldn’t be an amicable relationship with fans in the ground in the meantime. Other than the club not wanting one of course. 

38 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Have we not gone beyond that? Abdallahs tenure has been an unmitigated disaster and I'm not sure what would change the minds of those who've decided enough is enough, If Abdallah came out reaffirmed his desire to sell, promised to stay away along with his brother and shitpeas and give Shez full autonomy with a budget to challenge would that help? I'm not sure.

Archived